It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have a recommendation.

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think that from now on we should implement an age policy, whereas you have to agree to being over the age of 16 in order to register as a member. The reason being, I don't know if ya'll saw the thread earlier by muriello or whatever his name is, but he was ten years old! Kid's like that don't need to be posting on this website. Anything they have to say is non-intelligent and immature.

Mr. M




posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah because theres no way those under 16 would dare lie about their age on the internet.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Age dont matter we have adults that cant form a complete sentence.

I havent been here long, but I am always amazed at people tring to change the site. If you dont like it leave, you dont like a tread dont read it, dont answer it.

Anyway age really dont matter, sorry.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Age dont matter we have adults that cant form a complete sentence.

I havent been here long, but I am always amazed at people tring to change the site. If you dont like it leave, you dont like a tread dont read it, dont answer it.

Anyway age really dont matter, sorry.


I don't know where all the negativity came from, but you need to chill. I am just suggesting this for the benefit of the users. Come on now, do you honestly want to hear some little kids ramblings about the monster under his bed? No, I didn't think so.

And besides, as far as lying goes, it will at least intimidate most of them to not register.

Mr. M



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

And besides, as far as lying goes, it will at least intimidate most of them to not register.


There are millions of net-savvy kids on the internet these days, StarChild. I think if a kid was wanting to join this site then that would show some level of maturity/interest in our topics. I don't think they'd be intimidated by registering at all. I know a couple of younger members of the forum. One is certainly under 16, but does make good posts (usually)

Although, I do think it is a reasonably good idea nonetheless, it would be hard to draw the line. Some 14 year olds are a hell of a lot more mature than me (31)

How about a probationary period for the kids? Have their posts checked out and ban them if they are immature (that's me banned then)

BTW I was joking about the probationary period

regards
flc

[Edited on 15/3/04 by funlovincriminal]



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hellllllllllllllllll no

Some under 16's contribute greatly to this board and i was only a shade over 16 when i registered.

You CAN'T judge someone on age but the maturity they show in a public enviroment.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It is such a bad idea to make it so only people 16 and older can register as members.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Kid's like that don't need to be posting on this website. Anything they have to say is non-intelligent and immature.

Mr. M


And we have no 25-60 year old posters here that have non-intelligent and immature posts?

I know many 12 and 13 year olds that have higher evolved morals, maturity, and intelligence than many people in thier 50's. The statement you made helps prove that.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think that we would be surprised at how some of the more knowledgable posts are coming from the under-18 crowd.
I think it great to have people at that age interested in the truth , and not just complacently accepting what they are spoon-fed at school. They are the future of this country.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sometimes I think that spirits enter my body and speak through me. And they would be really old, 'cause they're dead. Or maybe I'm a really old dude incarnate. I don't know, sometimes I read what I wrote and I go, "Wow, I didn't know that" or, "Damn, this guy's the shiznit!" You see what I'm sayin'?

But then other times what I write more closely resembles something that might have been written by our new friend Morillo.

For example: Anything I wrote between the hours of 8PM and 1AM last night. Toward the latter part of the evening, I don't even remember what I wrote, and now I have to spend my morning finding out and editing anything I might have said that was stupid.

I think ATS should institute a policy where members agree not to get completely lambasted and start posting.

Oh, but then I do remember something good that I learned last night. Watch!

there's this guy---
---and he's throwing up on this guy!

So you see what I mean. Drinking and posting is DANGEROUS!

DeltaChaos



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My my, and exactly, how mature is that? Perhaps intimidated by the new generation rising above your intelligence?


I'm 15, and I have done various reports online for the likes of the Guardian, I'm new here, and I do hope I won't find anymore of your kind! I'm at college (yes, 15 with an NUS card), and I act older then any of the students around me. As for a ten year old joining, why on earth not? I have seen alot of posts here already, and all that I have seen are from talented writers with a point to make, well, nearly all of them...



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hellllllllllllllllll no

Some under 16's contribute greatly to this board and i was only a shade over 16 when i registered.

You CAN'T judge someone on age but the maturity they show in a public enviroment.


Amen! I happen to know that one such poster is 13, and you'd NEVER guess it to read their posts... Needless to say, this member will remain anonymous. Besides, it'd be way too easy to lie.

Personally, I applaud someone so young being aware of things, however if they truly wish to stay, this should be treated as an opportunity to convert a sheeple, not to stomp him/her into complacency with the status quo...

Sure they'll make remarks that are immature, but gentle admonishing, and suggestions are better than outright attacks.....imho....



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That wouldn't work. Its true that many kids are immature but some are quite well read and have interesting things to say. I can remember when I was that age and I would have been seriously pissed if I had been banned from speaking my mind. Similarly, I was on a board once and one member used to post these amazing pieces if theological debate. I thought she was older than me. It turned out that she was 16. A lot of people would have missed out on good info if she hadn't been allowed to post.

I agree with Gazrok - if someone wants to come here to learn and post interesting info they should be encouraged. At least they are thinking for themselves rather than following with the sheeple herd.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't know where all the negativity came from





Look like im not the only one.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
My my, and exactly, how mature is that? Perhaps intimidated by the new generation rising above your intelligence?


Actually, I'm counting on it. If the next generation does not prove smarter than the last, we're all going to be in a world of hurt. Heat wave having, glacier melting, ocean rising HURT!

Furthermore, thanks for posting, for you are a shining example of why young people should not be subdued, here or anywhere. And you also make me feel better about our potential future.

Have you heard that there is a movement to reduce the voting age? If so, what do you think about it?

DC



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Shining example? Ooh I've gone bright red.


I'll make sure the melted glaciers don't reach your house DeltaChaos! (Aspiring PM here, but if that doesn't go according to plan, I'll stick with barrister)

Yes I did here something about that, I would love to vote at a younger age (Say 16) personally, but I think for the rest of the nation as a whole, 18 is probably wise. I can't see them changing it in Britain to be honest though.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Shining example? Ooh I've gone bright red.


I'll make sure the melted glaciers don't reach your house DeltaChaos! (Aspiring PM here, but if that doesn't go according to plan, I'll stick with barrister)



I really hope you make a better job of it than the last woman PM who started off as a barrister



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I TOTALLY concur! I do not think it appropriate (as clean as this website is for content to the thinker) to be discussing sensitive or sometimes (as far as sacred things and 'energies' go...) with the young ones. Besides, how many ATS members want to find themselves defending honourable and noble subjects as well as higher end sciences with some 14 year old kid?! Not that the more mature members find themselves slinging mud at one another as we all know and recognize the debate forums are for fun and release, as well as the fact that many younger users like to pirate and hack at systemic functions.

ATS staff members should really push for age recognition upon signing up or registration! Kudos for the idea friend.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
I TOTALLY concur! I do not think it appropriate (as clean as this website is for content to the thinker) to be discussing sensitive or sometimes (as far as sacred things and 'energies' go...) with the young ones. Besides, how many ATS members want to find themselves defending honourable and noble subjects as well as higher end sciences with some 14 year old kid?! Not that the more mature members find themselves slinging mud at one another as we all know and recognize the debate forums are for fun and release, as well as the fact that many younger users like to pirate and hack at systemic functions.

ATS staff members should really push for age recognition upon signing up or registration! Kudos for the idea friend.



Making me sick
, Again I say there are 40 year olds that cant make a complete sentece.

If you are smart enough to know what you are looking for, then you should be able to find it.



posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
I'm 15, and I have done various reports online for the likes of the Guardian, I'm new here, and I do hope I won't find anymore of your kind! I'm at college (yes, 15 with an NUS card), and I act older then any of the students around me. As for a ten year old joining, why on earth not? I have seen alot of posts here already, and all that I have seen are from talented writers with a point to make, well, nearly all of them...



Here was me convinced that it was British law that you can't publish the articles of a minor in a newspaper because you're not legally responsible for the content they put in unless expressly stated they are underage and in a special section.

Do show us some of you work?




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join