It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am An Extraterrestrial, Watch My Video! [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, I'm not really TOO surprised that this OPer has been determined as a hoaxer.

Still, I can't help but wonder how many that may actually be aliens visiting here are lurking and replying. I guess he's not going to reply to my post either.

Obviously this one has violated the ATS Prime Directive as well.

I was somewhat confused about the rate of his replies in such a short time that appeared as if pasted.

But, if he was an actual alien; maybe he could interface with his computer?

I would like to see one of them turn the whole page into a visual display of themselves and their world to show their advanced ability over our technology.

Is pasting what gives these people away also?

Are all alien off world visitors potenially hoaxters?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
I certainly do not envy the moderating staff of ATS. Good luck guys.

SO, you look miserable, how bout a hug?

Agreed, this thread has really made me wonder, I have seen nothing from the OP indicating that he is a hoaxer other than part of his post taken from another website.

I only think it's fair for ATS to at least post who this person is if they claim him to be a confirmed hoaxer.

I found much of what he said to be authentic, what is going on?

What happened to fairness?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
Why has ATS judged and banned this person so quickly?

Not so... see here and you'll have a better understanding.

Opening Post (updated)

Alright, I accept that answer if it's really him.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How so?

My take on every post of the (now confirmed) Hoaxing post author is that of deception through obfuscation. When we see that he has used at least one other deceptively obfuscative source for his responses, we must then assume several have been used from which to devise his responses.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LOL, dont be so obtuse MA, yer making me giggle. Anyway, glad to see another one bite the dust. Its like dominoes around here anymore...

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

How so?

My take on every post of the (now confirmed) Hoaxing post author is that of deception through obfuscation. When we see that he has used at least one other deceptively obfuscative source for his responses, we must then assume several have been used from which to devise his responses.

Whether he was a hoaxer or not much of what this person has said I have noted as valid information I have compared some of his statements to other testimonies we have who are considered ET abductees and first hand contacts. Sgt. Clifford E. Stone being one of them, Bob Lazar being another. If you investigate this kind of stuff you can see that whoever this person was knew most of what they were talking about. If this person truly was confirmed the hoaxer of that other thread How Deep Does the Rabbit Hole go well what can I say but I won't deny the fact that he knew most of what he was talking about.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Whether he was a hoaxer or not much of what this person has said I have noted as valid information...

Would you be so kind as to provide us with one or two examples of "valid information" that you believe the hoaxing author included in his responses?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If you investigate this kind of stuff you can see that whoever this person was knew most of what they were talking about. If this person truly was confirmed the hoaxer of that other thread How Deep Does the Rabbit Hole go well what can I say but I won't deny the fact that he knew some of what he was talking about.

And I'm sure you can see how anyone who investigates this kind of stuff can come up with some semi-plausible material that at a glance will look legitimate to anyone else who investigates this kind of stuff.

If that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

Whether he was a hoaxer or not much of what this person has said I have noted as valid information...

Would you be so kind as to provide us with one or two examples of "valid information" that you believe the hoaxing author included in his responses?

Sure most of what this person said about extraterrestrials if you review the entire thread subtract the statements about the bible and spiritual stuff is valid information in my book. Whoever this person is knows his stuff.

Could it possibly be John Lear or someone in disguise?

Now that would be funny!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

And I'm sure you can see how anyone who investigates this kind of stuff can come up with some semi-plausible material that at a glance will look legitimate to anyone else who investigates this kind of stuff.

If that makes sense.

Yes that makes perfect sense, I have come across enough of those kind of people in my time but alot of what this particular poster wrote seems different to me for some reason. I don't believe it was the person in the video, his style of writing seems familiar and it could even be from the open minds forum or theliving moon
, someone is playing a big trick on everyone and I'm wondering who this guy is or is it even a guy?

Alright I guess the fun N games are over!
Is it you John?
On with the show.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sure most of what this person said about extraterrestrials if you review the entire thread...
Now that would be funny!

Please, just one or two specific examples for close examination.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

One thing to consider is the genesis of such hoaxers. They read alot about the topic and then see an 'opening', into which they insert their particular spin.

So, of course they're going to be up on the buzz words and certain aspects of current 'theory', know the major players and their tales. It's no too hard to appear to be an authentic insider. But it's not that difficult to see a 'tell'. Failing to get a reaction the hoaxer will go out there further and the stories will often get wilder and become embellished.

You, yourself said you see he 'knew' something, but didn't you also know the same? In the end, all the factoids are derivative and the poster really knows nothing more than your advanced UFO buff.

It's frustrating, to be sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well... Ok. I am now estimating the probabilities that the OP was what he said he was at... 1%. I will give that 1% because I never give 0% or 100% to anything.

He was good at his "job," I will say that.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
All his believers in this thread....count this as one for the skeptics. Makes you wonder what else we were correct about
. See what happens when you believe without any solid proof to back it up, you will be made fools of

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Does anyone know if he is the same guy as in the video, or maybe someone who used the video to start a thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Makes me sad, because people wonder why people do this kind of thing. It's human nature, people want ATTENTION, even if that means lying to get it. Shame really, I also think that's why our Vice President shot someone, he wasn't getting enough attention (laugh at that damnit!)

Oh well, those of us who can see reality could see through it, the ones who bit, we know who you are...eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
All his believers in this thread....count this as one for the skeptics. Makes you wonder what else we were correct about
. See what happens when you believe without any solid proof to back it up, you will be made fools of

Dude, I was never a "believer." Giving an estimate of truth at 50% is hardly believing. In fact, it's smack dab on the fence. Get off your high horse, ok?

Given that arrogance tends to promote thinking one knows more than one does, I'd give the estimated probability that you are wrong about a great deal at...88%, a fair amount at 97%, and a chunk much bigger than you suspect at 99.99997%.

Merely my humble estimate, mind you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Makes me sad, because people wonder why people do this kind of thing. It's human nature, people want ATTENTION, even if that means lying to get it. Shame really, I also think that's why our Vice President shot someone, he wasn't getting enough attention (laugh at that damnit!)

Oh well, those of us who can see reality could see through it, the ones who bit, we know who you are...eh?

Or... Consider that much of what he said was actually true, and he has a job with - say...the CIA, and the job entails discrediting the truth by being caught out as a hoaxer...

Not out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Terra Paper

P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute".
Shows you that there are still hoaxes out there that have yet to be shown it's true colors. The new Terra paper goes by the name of "Alien Interview"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

No, but considering the chances, it's less in the realm of reality than proposed. Didn't say it wasn't possible, but I doubt that is the case.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join