It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with youtube censorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
WTF Is going on with youtube lately?

I have been trying to get some recent footage on the crisis in Georgia. And just about every recent video clip I try and play, is no longer available.
Frankly I find this a little creepy.
Always censorship and tight lips before something big

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Define Footage.

I just went on you tube and found thisby CNN and perhaps others and also this 9 part series. Some with no audio.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I noticed yesterday that some of the subscriptions I had on youtube had their accounts removed.

Most suprising was that Ace guy with all the UFO videos. His entire account was suspended.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyareoutthere
YouTube is now performing mass censorship, removing accounts. This is an attack on the 1st amendment. Contact your congressmen and warn them not to vote for S1959. go to www.usa180.org and sign the petition!

Soon they will come after ATS!!

www.youtube.com...

I found a comment in that video you posted that had a list of known accounts that have been killed.

aceBryan7ox
Nibiruexposed
NafriaKorp
RodneyKingMan
TomarBuckle
Wildtonicd
Helioda1
Teabowbraine
Threesformula
Openmind38
Reptilianresearcher
Reptilianresistance
911insidejob9116

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

YouTube is now performing mass censorship, removing accounts. This is an attack on the 1st amendment. Contact your congressmen and warn them not to vote for S1959. go to www.usa180.org and sign the petition!

Soon they will come after ATS!!

www.youtube.com...
[edit on 16-9-2008 by theyareoutthere]

This is insane. This bill cannot be allowed to pass. I will be contacting my representatives.

I'm flagging this. Everyone needs to hear the YouTube video about bill S1959.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
See the Video and thread in my Signiture. Puts it how its is, which is bloody stupid. Why censor the videos etc that are 'Supposedly Rubbish Conspiracy Stories' according the govenment and mainstream press.

You guys need to watch this is you have'nt already

Just found this aswell:

[edit on 16-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Isn't the way they are playing it, by removing people bascially admitting that something is up? If there is something up and you act like things are normal, well you know...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Whose ready to grab some guns and protect the Second Amendment?

Cuz they'll be attacking that soon.

And that's when I'm gonna start shooting! XD

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Better yet, start an online network or community that "DOESN'T SELL OUT TO THE EMEMY", Rubert Murdock and the boys (the MSM). How can we whine about censorship when we have privately held companies and their greedy CEO's willing to sell their billion dollar ideas to the very ones that want to keep a lid on things? GOOD for them, Bad for a guy searching for UFO's

Just like that music industry... big labels gobble up the indies and cookie cut what ever they want. End result... the airwaves are a garbage bag full of cloned sound-a-likes! (Jonass brothers, Cheetah clones, Chris Brown, and every American Idol winner)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSurrender
Whose ready to grab some guns and protect the Second Amendment?

Cuz they'll be attacking that soon.

And that's when I'm gonna start shooting! XD

Not really. You don't rid the world of evil by fighting evil with evil. You merely replace it and become the evil yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
maybe try some alternate site for mass streaming video.

Liveleak seems to have a lot of non mainstream news footage.

have a look there.

It is never good to have so much power in the hands of a few, like google.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

The problem with youtube is when something is flagged, sometimes whoever is in charge of removing the video if it is indeed in need of censoring doesn't bother to view the video. People flag something because of whatever personal dislike they have for the video or creator and it gets deleted by the staff before they even review it. Now I don't see why they'd randomly delete certain things with out viewing them? Laziness? But it seems to happen a lot, videos that are not inappropriate go *poof* all the time and people re-post them and they do not go against the sites standards for videos that are posted.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
turn off google web accelerator

i know its a one liner but you just need to know lol

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
given that there has been an organised campaign of censorship for the last 50 years , you must wonder who is behind it?

often the censorship occurs within minutes of the realease of the information,and if not threats and intimidation are used.

the steppenville ufo incident was a perfect example , those involved in the sighting were either intimidataed into silence or fired from thier duties.

i wonder who is capable of such an organised campaign?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As far as some of the stuff on youtube etc, check out the second video I have embedded above.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I received a similar warning from someone who contributes to youtube and who see's himself as some sort of leader. See this youtube video-

uk.youtube.com...

Very strange!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Some (not all) of the suspended account people (like the UFO & paranormal video ones) have only themselves to blame. There's this one guy from Japan who has had his account nuked several times because he takes basically the entire catalog of videos from the popular Japanese paranormal TV shows, captures them, and puts them on youtube in segments. You cannot do that with copywritten material. With the RIAA & Viacom sharks keeping their noses tightly to the water searching for even that faintest scent of blood, all it takes is one copyright violation and your account is terminated. So the folks who have hosted the videos you're looking for may have put up 99% good, public domain material, but the 1% (if if accidental or via an oversight) of protected material they put up may have been what got their entire account terminated.

I'm sure the indescriminate censoring of flagged material also has come into play there on more than one occassion as well.

new topics

top topics

join