It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom From Camp X-Ray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Asalaam Alykum All,

Just thought i would let you guys have read,, please post your thoughts on this article.
Sorry if this has already been posted.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Thank you

Salaam

Guerilla

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Im wondering why noone wants to comment on this article.

I will, it is quite discusting how the American govertment talk about Justice and then you see this.

This is something you will never see on CNN.
No but they are the first to report when a Muslim has done something bad!!
Justice

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
# that guy. That is all a bunch of bull#. He is just trying to make people feel sorry for him. # that. He obviously did something to get put in there in the first place. They don't just lock you up in GITMO for no reason. I think he's just as guilty as anyone else involved. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and be a man. Who cares what they did to you in there? Suck it up, grab a handful of sack, and carry on smartly.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Wow, your a nice person

You mean to tell me that there is no truth at all, in what he is saying?
Ok but you seem to think that everything that they do is true then %100?
Everything Bad is them???

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Dude, you need to seriously reconsider exactly why you are standing up for this guy. Obviously you share ethnic backgrounds, from you Salaam's and all. Or maybe you are just putting on a show. Either way, you need to realize something. This guy is a known criminal, involved in global terrorism. This isn't some guy who got caught stealing a case of beer out of the back of someone's truck, alright? # him, and everything he stands for. And who cares if you and him share ethnic backgrounds? I'm Italian, and you don't see me standing up for the MOB!!! I don't understand why you are defending him...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well...what's your story? Why are you defending him?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Brother,

First of all, i am Chilean with abit of Italian. yes he is my Brother, i am Muslim.
This guy is from england, i was just giving him a chance to speak out, or do u know what is happening in those camps??
Dont you like it when people speak out or something?
How do you or I know that he is lieing or not?
Personaly its something new, and none else has spoken out about the camps!

Salaam(peace)

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok, first it is a PRISON CAMP, not the Hilton
Of course he is going to come out saying they "abused" him. Did you expect him to come out and say "can't wait to go back"?
If the roles were reversed would you be saying the same if it was an American? Or an Englishman or an Australian?
Does mistreatment occur? I'm sure it does, but you still have to view these people for waht they are; TERRORISTS. Of course they will show the transport pictures and say "Oh how cruel" Were they supposed to fly first class?
EVERY war, police action, incursion, whatever you want to call it, has it's horrors on both sides. The ONLY reason that we hear about it more, is because of the many avenues of communication that the public has open to them in this day and age compared to 30, 40, 50 years ago

Que viva el partido Liberal!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hello Net,

If it was an English man American or Aussie in that situation, ofcourse i would feel for them, none deserves this!
But i dont think i would have to speak out about it because the Media would be already all over it, they would be telling the story world wide.
Have you seen anything on American TV about this?
Have i seen anything about this on Australian TV?
No i havent!

Like i said before, the Media shows what they want to show, and so it makes these people look like #, while it makes the others look like angles, agree??

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
First off, I have worked at Camp X-Ray (formerly known as) and I can say from personal experience that the things described in that article would never have happened. Security guards are not even allowed to speak to prisoners, and on top of that, there is no way that the medical treatment described could have taken place. Reason being that the interrogators would not implement these types of measures, which would endanger the individuals in question, in turn possibly leading to loss of potential information caused in part by the death of the individual. It wouldn't happen.

Also, the use of prostitutes is pretty vague. Why would the interrogators use this type of tactic? To exploit weakness? To potentially gain information through humiliation? No, I don't think so. That tactic is useless, and would be non-beneficial to the government. Plus, it would cost money to hire the prostitutes, which I doubt they would do.

The point is that these claims this guy is making are intended to bring compassion on him from the public eye. He wants people to feel sorry for him, and the way he can accomplish that is by claiming that he was "wronged" while in confinement.

I think the guy should burn in hell, personally.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I am with StarChild & NetStorm on this one, and I am English.

You do not simply go cruising around Afghanistan for no reason, for one reason the beaches are #e and the beer is none existant.

This guy is clearly either a terrorist, or has information pertaining to terrorism in general. I take a very hard line on this, and it is my feeling that if they cannot extract the info they want from him then we should be permitted to kick it out of him.

Ben

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
I am with StarChild & NetStorm on this one, and I am English.

You do not simply go cruising around Afghanistan for no reason, for one reason the beaches are #e and the beer is none existant.

This guy is clearly either a terrorist, or has information pertaining to terrorism in general. I take a very hard line on this, and it is my feeling that if they cannot extract the info they want from him then we should be permitted to kick it out of him.

Ben

I'm glad to see that others feel the same way about this as I do.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In my eyes these people should be tried for treason & hung how dare they call themselves british then fight against us now they roam the streets because we have let them free but it will cost loads to keep an eye on them.
Their excuse's were so lame for why they were over there. One was even found fighting against allied troops & was captured after being shot in the shoulder.
Yet there are so many people crying that these people are held against there rights! they should be treated how people are treated in taliban prisons or sadams cells. some people nowdays are just clueless.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When did you work at Camp X-ray Star Child?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Posted by Everlasting England

In my eyes these people should be tried for treason & hung how dare they call themselves british then fight against us now they roam the streets because we have let them free but it will cost loads to keep an eye on them.
Their excuse's were so lame for why they were over there. One was even found fighting against allied troops & was captured after being shot in the shoulder.
Yet there are so many people crying that these people are held against there rights! they should be treated how people are treated in taliban prisons or sadams cells. some people nowdays are just clueless.

That would just make us as bad as sadam Huisein if we treated prisnors like they did in sadams prisnor cells.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Chronic7]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Guerrilla: "If it was an English man American or Aussie in that situation, ofcourse i would feel for them, none deserves this! "

Well said, because it is a dirty Arab/Muslim killbot let's ignore it. Let's call that ignorance instead of racism.

Being IN Afghanistan is a crime worthy of months of incarceration with no charges being laid?! Only if you happen to be Arabic or Muslim, I suppose, right? What about an Arab Christian? A South American Muslim?

When they come for you, to arrest you for something stupid, don't squawk, you'll deserve it. And I'll applaud it as poetic justice.

If freedom is only for certain people, it ain't freedom.

And if this type of thing is acceptable behavior, then why is it not acceptable for foreign militants to snatch up American citizens in their countries as "spies" and torture them and kill them? What's good for the goose, pal...

Get out a map of the world and circle all the countries you can't travel to because you'd be in fear of your life, then tell me how lucky you are to be an American.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think you fail to realize that when the Taliban, and Al Qaeda fighters fought our troops, they didn't take prisoners. They killed them, gutted them, and paraded their bodies in front of Al Jazzera for the world to see. We on the other hand, took them, gave them food, medical treatment, and even allowed them to practice their religion in peace. Could there have been abuses, probably because no one is perfect and a few bad soldiers always fet into the military, but as a whole they were treated very well.

There have even been reports of fighters not wanting to leave because of fear that conditions in Afganistan mightbe worse than at Guantanamo.

www.guardian.co.uk...

abcnews.go.com...

www.buzzle.com...

I don't know exacly what should happen to these people, its a very tricky issue, and technicaly the are not prisoners of war according to the geneva convention. We can debate the lagality of the situation, but don't make it seem like these guys are being tortured, and treated worse than animals, because its simply not the case.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
TheEXone: "I think you fail to realize that when the Taliban, and Al Qaeda fighters fought our troops, they didn't take prisoners. They killed them, gutted them, and paraded their bodies in front of Al Jazzera for the world to see."

Hmmm. I saw none of that, either on Al Jazeera or BBC. Please provide a link.

This guy was not proven to be Taliban or Al Qaeda.

Does this mean that the US should just act according to how their enemies act, no matter how terrible the enemy may treat POWs? Aren't you suposed to be the good guys?

How are invading armies traditionally treated by the locals?

"but don't make it seem like these guys are being tortured, and treated worse than animals, because its simply not the case."

That is precisely the case. They have been stripped of all human rights, kept in outdoor cages 24-7 and denied any legal counsel whatsoever.
j

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
StarChild if you say you worked there, then i believe you, and if you say that this guy is makeing all this up, then i must admit, that maybe he is.
Now dont get me wrong i hate the Taliban with all my heart.
The thing that really gets to me now is that the Media's message is getting scross to all these small minded people.
I see a Sister wearing her Hijab and everyone look at her and they are scared of them. Or even worse an Arab overall is looked at like a horror movie, and some are even beaten, but the media never talks about this.
But i know from first had experiance how arabs are and i can tell ya that alot of them are nice people, but some of them are just down right silly!
But this brother on the article says that he is innocent and he proved it to them , that is why they let him go.
But then again he might be angry and just wants to get revenge.

Salaam

Guerilla

top topics

join