It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singer,songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Singer,songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65

www.breitbart.com

- Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.
The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap.

His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
He will always be remembered for his "Theme From Shaft".

www.breitbart.com

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

He will always be remembered for his "Theme From Shaft".

www.breitbart.com

Or for another catchy tune:

ru.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is interesting about everything he did for the south park show in satire until they made a parody about scientology. Soooo, where DO scientologists go when they die? Is there like a really big couch to jump on in the sky?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh my GOD they Killed Chef! YOU BASTARDS!

Im going to miss Issac Hayes he was a great musician.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Forgot all about South Park . Rest in peace Chef.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh my GOD they Killed Chef! YOU BASTARDS!

Im going to miss Issac Hayes he was a great musician.

Good one!

I'll leave my opinions about his reasons for leaving South Park to another thread. For this thread, I will give my condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Honestly does anyone else remember him dying a couple years ago? This is tormenting me!!!!

I remember They had to kill Chef off in the show, and then there was a horrible episode where they brought him back and used old soundbites for his voice.

R.I.P. Isaac... again

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is sad...

Hayes is probaly best known for being the voice of Chef in SOuth Park...

RIP...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
Honestly does anyone else remember him dying a couple years ago? This is tormenting me!!!!

I remember They had to kill Chef off in the show, and then there was a horrible episode where they brought him back and used old soundbites for his voice.

R.I.P. Isaac... again

They had to kill off Chef in the show and use old soundbites to bring him back because Hayes quit the show after they made fun of Scientology. It was a big deal for a short time. But as far as I know, that is the last time he was in the public eye.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Something is going on, maybe. Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes as well as Samuel L. Jackson were to come out in a movie called Soul Men, which would be released November 14 of this year. Now 2 of the men have died, except for Samuel L. Jackson. OK, I'm really hoping Samuel L. Jackson watches his back. There could be more to this Soul Men movie.

But I bless Issac Hayes wherever he is, he is making music for the spirit world. I hope he comes back soon, to the earth plane, and make some wonderful new music here. I hope there is a great celebration and lots of Issac Hayes greatest hits for all to enjoy!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by ben420

R.I.P. Isaac... again

They had to kill off Chef in the show and use old soundbites to bring him back because Hayes quit the show after they made fun of Scientology. It was a big deal for a short time. But as far as I know, that is the last time he was in the public eye.

Ahhh, thank you

new topics

top topics

join