It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Fake Apology - the Illegal raid on the Maryland mayor's home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.baltimoresun.com...

Is this a joke?

Read this the first article and you decide
www.baltimoresun.com...

If there is someone on ATS that is local and has an update or can dispute the following items from the article, I would love to see a defense.

Item #1 - Once packages were dropped off by a deliveryman, a suspect would pick them up -- with the addressee oblivious to the plot. (If this was the known plot, why the raid on the residence?)

Item #2 - It was addressed to Tomsic. An undercover officer in Prince George's delivered the package near 6 p.m. (So, the COPS deliver the dope to this guys door, I guess to wait for the pick-up guy right?)

Item #3 - The mayor arrived home from his full-time job, there is a package at the door addressed to his wife so he brings it in the house (unopened) and puts it on a table.

Item #4 - He changed clothes and walked the dogs, waving to the men and women sitting in cars near his home. He did not know they were police. (Wouldn't this be a nice time to talk to the guy, guess not, we need "dynamic entry" in the hope you can surprise the guy and waste him?)

Item #5 - Police said they were allowed to enter the house without announcing their presence because Porter screamed and because they had a "no-knock" warrant. (From the information provided on the news, this is a lie, they had a standard warrant). Now the cops have changed their story, stating the mother in law screamed when she saw "armed men in street cloths and masks" charging across the lawn so they had "justification" to crash the door. (Really, what the hell would most of us do if we saw a bunch of guys in normal jeans with freekin masks on and guns charging across your lawn?)

Item #6 Endangering "local" police. The local police were not made aware of the raid and a firefight with the "raiders" could have happened.

Berwyn Heights police Chief Patrick A. Murphy said not knowing about the raid could have led his officers to fire upon the sheriff's SWAT team because its members were wearing street clothes, masks and carrying weapons as they approached the mayor's house. "What about the safety of my officers?" Murphy said. If consulted, he added, "We could have gotten the mayor to put the dogs away and consent to a search.

item #7 I consider the dogs a "secondary" issue but let's face it, killing family pets like this is bull.

federalism.typepad.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

join