It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science close to unveiling invisible man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Science close to unveiling invisible man

technology.timesonline.co.uk

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley, whose work is funded by the American military, have engineered materials that can control light’s direction of travel. The world’s two leading scientific journals, Science and Nature, are expected to report the results this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Note who is funding the research and why we won't hear anymore truth about this!

technology.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS : I think the military is also working on thi technology..www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-8-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wonder how the use of this, in conjuction with "see behind" tech. (where the image from behind an object is projected into the front). Will tie in.
Makes me wonder if maby there are people standing next to me reporting what I post , or read on ATS.
Did someone just sneeze?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yup, this sort of technology has always been right around the corner. I remember I think it was this time last year. British scientist were able to clock a particle about 15-20 nanometers wide? Not too sure of the size, but it happened. Its amazing and scary the stealth technology they'll be able to employ in the future.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The article also states we SHOULD be hearing more about this technology soon!

The world’s two leading scientific journals, Science and Nature, are expected to report the results this week.

Don't know if I really like the idea of people being able to run around without being seen.

If it ever fell into the wrong hands, .....

Hopefully it will remain VERY expensive.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I wonder how long it will take to develop the technology to identify objects using this technology. Necessity is the mother of invention.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The bending light technology will make one utilizing the system appear to be a slight blur and they are not technically invisible, but rather moving in-between light waves.

Your simple run of the mill FLIR system will expose the wearer quite easily as while light is masked, the heat signature is not and thats what you look for.

Further an em field would disrupt the system and cause the user to become exposed.

But think of how we miss seeing things out in the open, imagine the ability to move about without being noticed even in heavily populated areas.

new topics

top topics

join