It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Cheney Been Fitted with a Kill Switch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Has Cheney Been Fitted with a Kill Switch?

cryptogon.com

Dick Cheney’s life depends on a device that can be accessed remotely and commanded arbitrarily with readily available hardware and software.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It was just announced at the recent Defcon conference that black hat hackers have hacked the remote control for these electronic pacemakers. Kevin over at Cryptogon speculates that Cheney may now need to be wheeled around in a Faraday cage by Secret Service to keep some hackers from turning him off remotely.

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While I have to respect human life, this is one instance that if an "accident" should occur I won't cry one tear.

Hacking pacemakers, that one pacemaker will probably be the most sought after code in history.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Thank you, OP, for making me sputter liquid, from laughing so hard!!!!

In comedy it's called a 'spit-take'....but in any event, no harm was done, and I got a well-needed laugh! IF this is any way true, doesn't matter....it is still funny as all get-out!

(just the mental image....at the RebliCON/Exxon/Mobile convention....Darth Vader clutches his chest, and falls to the ground, behind the podium)

priceless!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This country should be so lucky!

The Faraday cage is a wonderful mental image, though. I'm thinking something along the lines of Hannibal Lecter being wheeled about on a dolly, only on a grand scale.

"And how do we begin to covet, Condoleezza? Do we seek out things to covet?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I thought the evil reincarnate was driven by a pace maker. I know the pace maker has some code to monitor the hearts rhytmn but can the code be hacked into from outside the pace maker.

The function of the pace maker is to shock the heart into normal rythmn when it starts to go A-ryth or stops completely. I know a guy with a pace maker and its lodged in his left collar bone area. My guess would be to direct an energy beam weapon at this location and flip the switch for a laugh on cheney.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

Dick Cheney in a Faraday cage?! That is one sight I want to see. Well, if its now an issue of national securtiy, I'm sure all those so-called 'Terrorist' are going to be wanting their Boss's pacemaker code!

Good one!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH

It was just announced at the recent Defcon conference that black hat hackers have hacked the remote control for these electronic pacemakers. Kevin over at Cryptogon speculates that Cheney may now need to be wheeled around in a Faraday cage by Secret Service to keep some hackers from turning him off remotely.

Dude, I have not laughed so hard in a long time, thinking that cheney needs a tinfoil popemobile so nobody hacks his heart !

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Of course the potential for this hack is proven possible but the range required to operate on those medical device frequencies with off the shelf parts is pretty short.

To devise a long enough range system to interact with the pacemaker and also be outside of the SS security zone for Cheney would make this hack require not just some very expert black hat hackers but they would also have to create very custom electronics to operate from a safe distance.

I would not be surprised if those channels are carefully monitored in the area surrounding the VPOTUS.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Cheney may now need to be wheeled around in a Faraday cage by Secret Service to keep some hackers from turning him off remotely.

Hackers turning someone off?

Somehow I can't get a mental picture of Cheney being wheeled around in a Faraday cage by Secret Service.

What does a Faraday cage look like?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i never heard so many misery loving sonsabitches in all my time, actually taking gratification in someone elses death, if it should happen.. that about does it for me in this site.. you people dont have a clue..

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nothing amuses the Major more than the mental masturbatory process being played out on the internets. The Major can hardly wait for January 20, 2009 in hopes that then, and only then the frequency of auto-eroticism regarding the demise and/or incarceration of President Bush and Vice President Cheney slip to post pubescent numbers. The Major would like to remind those who indulge in this particular form of self gratification that the possibility of it occurring in real life, in other words, the place outside of your mother's basement is the same as the possibility of any of you participating in procreation. None. The Major urges, no, the Major takes that back, the Major implores you all to resist the temptation to rub one out every time some backwater website posts a story that happens to coincide with your particular executive branch bondage/snuff fantasy.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

The Wukky finds it juvenile to post in the third person, The Wukky would like to add, while the Wukky doesn't actually wish to see anyone dead, the thought of this man potentially passing does not make the Wukky sad. The Wukky is attacking the post and not the poster.

Also the Wukky would like to add, that since the Wukky has a son, doesn't that mess up your odds a bit?

[edit on 8/10/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

The Major hopes to be clever, in the Major's narrative.

The Major needs to realize that the phrase 'rubbing one out' is quite sexually charged, and thusly may run afoul of the T&Cs.

The Major also needs to find a sence of humor.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thank for the laugh!!

Maybe it would be wrong to turn him off. Maybe just speed up and slow down his heart rate during his speech at the Republican National Convention!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

LEO!!! Even funnier!!!!

cue the director....'Cut to two'....(he sees something there, it's Cheney slowing down). Director says 'cut to four'....it's a crowd shot, but pre-recorded to show thunderous applause....'linger, then to commercial!'

back from break... 5, 4, 3,.....Cheney in survival mode, as secondary survival systems kicked in. SS propping him up.

camera three....Goebbels.....oops, cut to camera one.....oh, damn! It's old footage of Hitler!!

Looks like the Republicants/Exxon/Mobile/Chevron scene has been hacked!!!!

Quite the fantasy, no????

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
OP: Has Cheney Been Fitted with a Kill Switch?
Damn! Who has the radio frequency for it? Quick, before it's too late for impeachment!

College education = $150,000
Campaign money spent = $62 million
Taxpayer Burden = $5 trillion + and still counting

Radio transmitter with one particular frequency = Priceless

Originally posted by philjwolf
i never heard so many misery loving sonsabitches in all my time, actually taking gratification in someone elses death, if it should happen..

In all sense of perspective, how many lives has Cheney been responsible for wasting/ending during his career? Think that might be worth the death penalty in a jurisdiction that still has it? IMO, it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.
But I'd also prefer all the neo-cons be impeached, indicted, found guilty & imprisoned for eternity...Even then it wouldn't be enough to make up for a small fraction of the suffering they've caused around the whole world.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Pacemaker hackaday article

I am posting this link in case others have not seen the source article that caused Kevin to make that prediction in the first place.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Midnight....wouldn't life in prison be more appropriate?

Oh....what an idiot I am....his life is almost over anyway!

Remember how many NAZI criminals escaped to South America, to live out long fulfilled lives?

They were relatively young.

Darth Cheney needs to made an example of, along with his lap dog, the Shrub.

We will hunt them in Paraguay!!!! Whatever is necessary!!!!

Don Quixote's of the World, come with me!!!!!! We have Windmills and Shrubs to tilt at!!!! As we Rove the world.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join