It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day turns to semi twighlight like an eclipse happend for a minute

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The case of the big clouds...

In both these stories the authors have pretty much refrained from what was in the sky....Even after it went light, dark, light....would you not continue to look up after the "darkness" disappeared? I mean even in that photo it was not so dark that you could not look up in the sky and see objects or am I wrong? And in no way was that picture ....."dark as night." JMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
I took the photo and did look up. OMFG.... the sky was dark. Hence the dark picture.

Why didn't you take another while you were looking up? You must have had your camera to hand just at that moment, as you'd only just taken one looking down.
Why would you take a picture of the ground when the sky suddenly and very mysteriously turns to twilight while in the middle of the day (11:13am)?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is all screwed up. something HUGE is happening over earth and no one knows what's up! Here's is the same thing happening in UK, Toronto and these are just people on ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's crazy is that the dude in UK said it got dark about 9 am and the guy in Toronto said it lit up very bright around 4 am the time from Toronto and UK is around 5 hours . So this means that both those incidents happen at the same time... wonder if you're' was at the same time as well?! We need to look into this, something VERY strange is happening outside our planet! If we can only get photos from the last few days from a satellite... maybe we can see what's going on..

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by freighttrain

Dude, that 4am light was a major propane explosion in Toronto. It's all over the news and youtube AND that very thread. Have you been hiding in a cave?!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
sounds a lot like this mufon report: mufoncms.com...

Long Description of Sighting Report
I was driving down Bear Lake Dr.,during one of those lightning storms,the ones with the sun blaring on very dark clouds...loking up at the violent clouds and lightning there looked to be a split in the atmoshere.Straight as a arrow,as far as i could see..north to south...no clouds...just black...like i could see into outer space.However,I could not see any stars through this split? So it looked like it could be a solid object...but showed no edges or anything.I could see it had no end to the length...5 miles...50 miles..circle the earth? 10 to 15 cars pulled over to just stare at the object.Now if it was a rare weather sight,would'nt it be looking angled a little,and not able to hold these swirling storm clouds at bay,until 15 minutes later,when the clouds did slowly fill it in...or did the black thing raise up and leave?I told another man standing there:Maybe the old man is coming down.He said:maybe...my heart was pounding wondering what was happening,is this the end?All the people were relieved when the clouds slowly filled it in,and left.I wish I got the others who stopped,because it acted like a solid object...not a perfectly split sky and atmosphere....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1776vision
With the conflict with Georgia/Russia, the boys in black were firing up HAARP weaponry again. The high levels of EMF can bend sunlight which can explain the brief periods of dark or light. Just wait and see, the Ruskies will be experiencing the lovely sideffects of EMF terawatts beemed at them real soon!

Ohhh I quite enjoyed that one! Makes alot of sense. Have any article links for that?

Give me you thoughts on my theory and Nostradamus' phrophecy of the dark skies happening all over the world. ATS link

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don;t usualy do this, but I have to flag a huge question mark right here.

The OP, Dan Tanna, has been on ATS numerous times since his final post in this thread. Are we to infer from his silence that this is a misundersatnding? A hoax? A bald faced lie?

How can anyone purport to be denying ignorance by denying answers to their very own thread?

Sure, people come here and browse a lot, but are we to belive someone who posts their apparently crazy event doesn't return to his own bloody thread on the subject?

Dan, you really need to come back in here and answer the previous questions posed...

*EDIT* He's even on right now. Hey Dan, can you spare us a few answers?...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Vector J]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm calling BS. Next time catch it on video

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The dark photo has exif embedded, but, the light one does not. The only way to see if the ambient light was the same would be to have the exact same F stop, ISO and shutter speed settings. My guess is that the camera misfired on one of these changing the exposure of the photo.

This "evidence" done with a camera on full auto mode is not evidence. If it was that dark, the camera would have slowed down the shutter speed on auto mode to expose the scene correctly. Cameras do this no matter the ambient light situation. They meter the light, and its little electronic brain tries to balance it and make it 50% gray.

Though, cameras can misfire. I do not see the dark photo as being an accurate representation of the scene.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here's how it was done.

The individual snapped a pic of a light, some what hazy, cloud covered morning on a large hill with a wide valley and brook running down the valley from a small out look up on the hill. You will notice the water reflects the brightness of the sky in certain areas. The individual than turned 180 degrees and snapped another pic this time from the scenic over look showing the scene behind his position and with the 180 pic view of the brook still showing the light reflected by the bright sky.

The image had to have the sky cropped so the viewer could not see the brightness, but, unfortunately the viewer still can see the reflection off the running brooks water.

The image was darkened by a software program but the light reflecting on the water gives it all away. If indeed it terrestrialy became dark, the water should have no bright reflections upon it. But since photo manipulation was produced and the fact water reflecting light in the dark view was over looked.

I don't buy the story.

I darkened the first image in photoscam and the results were identical when looking at the water. Light reflected back off the water as if the same light source in both images was from above.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I agree with this post. Why would anyone want to docotr a photo and so expose ( no pun meant ) himself to ridicule when it could be shown that he was telling fibs. What does Dan gain gain from all this ? Keep your cool, Dan. Let this experience and others of a similar kind speak for themselves.
Observer

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has asked why Dan was conveniently taking pictures at the time of the "event" to be able to have a shot taken immediately before the lights went out in Georgia. Premonition or premeditation? You be the judge.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This happened the same day that the Toronto explosion happened, as well as the same day that ATS went down for several hours (at around the same time that this and the toronto thing happened).

Interesting, Tanna.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Interesting, Tanna.

No. If it were at all interesting, or indeed, anything at all, he'd have come back to the thread and addressed peoples questions and points. He never did. That to me says, theres nothing to it...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

I wouldn't have come back, either. What questions should he answer?

"Why didn't you take a picture of..."?

When you see something that makes you panic, you end up not following any extraneous logic.

No, i think you guys abused him enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

There were a variety of questions about the pictures, including several direct evaluations of the photos that apparently revealed that what he described did not at all align with what the pictures represented (i.e. darkened appearence, but still broight reflection of the supposed darkened sky in the river water). He also never explained why he photgraphed the land only in the dark picture, rather than the darkened sky. He also never answered why the photos had been cropped. His reaction was also rather contraditory to how he portrayed himself in other threads, the close encounter thread in particular. I'm sure there were other questions and points too.

I don;t think he was abused, but he had many opportunities to answer the questions presented and the points raised and never did...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Look at the Ops other threads and lack of answering specific questions. He seems to experience the many of events that are discussed here by cannot be proven.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

like what? From what i can tell, he has posted mostly headlines and military tech news. As well, he seems to like the survival forums. he has a VERY credible history on this site. Out of nowhere he has begun to post things that are nothing at all like his previous threads, and all seem to tie into an event that occured while he was out in the woods (did i mention he frequents the survival threads?).

I don't get what you mean. I think, as i mentioned, that you guys have abused him in here. You have harped him to the point that he has chosen to ignore you.

That is a shame.

The Akashic records thread he has, honestly, is something i normally would have avoided. but after seeing who the author was, i clicked on it. after reading it, and then doing some of my own homework...dan tanna is credible.

that may mean nothing to many of you. to many, it should mean something. i have a fairly credible history here as well. Look at my thread history.

But let me ask you this: if he is making it up, what do you lose? And if he isn't, but you hound him into silence, what do you lose?

Why must so many of our members here feel that they are the Protectors of the Masses? Why the need to debunk and ridicule? Do you know how many threads i simply close and do not comment on, when so many others put up page upon page of sarcastic nonsense.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I'm going to be posting a similiar reply as this in the other two threads that are talking of sky light and dark phenomena....heres the deal..I live in the US....not sure what the time difference would coincide with over there..but here it was anywhere between 3:30-4:00am...our 18 month old woke up screaming...just screaming,....she never does that..ever..I bolted out of bed to see what was wrong...and had to stop...I couldn't see a thing, not one thing...something very very unusual..because even with our lights off in the house, I can still usually stand up in my room and see in some respects enough to make it to the bathroom without having to turn a light on (so that I don't wake up the hubby) and here she was screaming, like in terror, she never does that..in fact, this is only the second time in her life that she has not slept through the night (the first time she had a stomach virus and was throwing up) I turned a light on and made it to her room...her room faces the front of our house, and in front of our house there is a street light...so I have no need for a night light, in fact, with the window shades closed it still allows enough light in her room to act as a night light. Well, my first notice was no light..at all...I opened her shades..and the street lamp was off..now I've lived here for 9 years..and every night without fail..that light is on..in fact..its on every night and its so bright..that putting christmas lights up on my house is useless..but here it was....off...something else strange? I opened the window..and couldn't see anything..nothing...it was pitch black, thick black, no stars, no moon, and no objects from the other houses or on the street could be seen. So..my husband wakes up from all the commotion the baby was making and what did he say? "Why is it so damn dark?"

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join