It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US senator thinks America has the right to steal Iraqi oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was just watching CNN's Wolf Blitzer show (CNN International) in which he interviewed two US senators concerning the situation in Iraq. He then asked them whether they think Iraq should supply oil at discount rate to the US.

One senator (D), Im sorry because I cannot recall his name, said that American taxpayers are offended that Iraq makes so much money on its oil, while they have to pay $4/gallon at the gas pump.

He, furthermore, was of opinion Bush should call Maliki to tell him that Iraq should supply oil at discount rate to the US. Another senator (R), said he did not think they should ask this the Iraqis as it would be stealing.

Have some people totally gone insane?!

No one told the US they should invade Iraq. Apart from some insane politicians and greedy corporations no one wanted the US to invade Iraq, but now they think their courageous act should be awarded with oil at discount rate? For what? for bringing disaster to their country they haven't asked for?

It's very simple, the US decided to invade Iraq and they should be kept responsible for that, not Iraq.

It would be plain stealing, nothing more and I sincerely hope this idea does not have much support in Washington.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Mdv2]

join