It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon game forshadows russian war perfectly!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Especially since I was at the game store today and noticed a pre-order box for a new Tom Clancy game called Endwar. Interestingly, the front cover had a nuke going off behind the Eiffel Tower and the back cover had an image of Russia and the middle east as one red block and the red arrows moving to the West into Europe, showing the army's movement, I guess. I wonder if this is something we can expect sometime between now and the next seven or eight years.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I was reading this thread because I was very interested in such a thing because when this whole thing went down I couldn't help but remember GR. The similarity seems uncanny, but that's just what it is - similarity.

Also reading through the thread I couldn't help but notice many posts speaking in terms of Russia starting stuff, as well as a few posts talking about researching things and thus coming up with such conclusions ahead of time. Well, I would just like to say, actual research will bring you the fact that it was the Georgian president who broke a cease-fire agreement and the agreement to let South Ossetia become independent. Not Russia. It was Saakashvili who authorized the attack on civilians of Tskinvali and completely decimated that city along with at least 1,200 innocent citizens. Not Russia. These aren't theories - these are actual facts, which you will find with a little research.

If you want a conspiracy theory, look at how all of this only saw the light of headline international media when Russia responded. Before that, a supposedly democratic nation (Georgia) that is also supported by the U.S. was hardly mentioned when it broke a peace agreement and pretty much wiped out a large city of many innocent people. A sleeping city. During the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, no less (what a "coincidence"). If you want a conspiracy theory, perhaps ask yourselves just why the U.S. still supports such a "sovereign" nation whose president would do such a thing - and just why there are still talks of integrating them into NATO.

Too many things seem highly off to me.

Ah, Russia. The perfect 'red herring'.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
why has the month on wiki changed for the plot summary??

didn't it say August? didn't the conflict happen in August??

why does it say April now?

en.wikipedia.org...

and... an anonymous poster mentioned it first...

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
mabye a possible cover up here as various bits of info have changed, such as the date, etc

interesting..

[edit on 5-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Wow thats cool man. but things can happen and thas kind of nerve wreaking to think that there can be more to this than meets the eye.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Dudes, I do not believe this is some conspiracy, but I was suprised no one muuch brought this up in '08 and I just somehow got some Ghost Recon sounds on my Ipod and one scene talked all about the Russians inciting a war in South Ossetia just like what occured, I studied the South Ossetian war, and played this game this is a very good forshadowing, strange coincidence also, but this is not perfect and also many events in the Tom Clacy sereies never occured like the whole China, India, Japan war against the US. The US government would never share secret info with Game companies and also in this game there was action in Moscow, which as far as all of us know never occured, unless some covert operations not shared with public occured. Anyway, God Bless America and South Ossetia!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join