It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon game forshadows russian war perfectly!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Coincidence or not, this is very interesting to me. The similarities are quite precise. Many artists, or rappers rather, say that most of the stuff that happened to them, happened after they started writing about it. Strange that is. Art imitates life, or rather, thoughts manifest themselves into reality?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think this may point so something beyond political conspiracy, and into the one realm of the paranormal that I personally might be able to get behind. There are just these inexplicable synchronicities in the world -- it wasn't just The Lone Gunman episode on 9/11; there was also that rap album with the WTC being bombed releasing on that day. There was also an episode of SNL's "Weekend Update" around March of 2001, where the little picture over Tina Fey (or whoever it was) cycled between a picture of a plane crashing, a picture of the twin towers, and a picture of Osama Bin Laden, back-to-back-to-back, in completely unrelated stories.

In my opinion, synchronicities like these point more toward a holographic or associative universe than they do some grand info-dumping conspiracy.

The first problem with this being a controlled release is the fabled cui bono -- who benefits? What does the CIA or NWO or whoever you think is behind this gain by releasing information about the future in an obscure video game? No one realizes it's prescience until after the fact, and even then there's no effect on the public. If you're trying to send a message to someone, an email works a heck of a lot better.

There are a lot of other documented cases that relate to this -- the Noophere Project, the wisdom of crowds, the placebo effect, deja vu, and so on. There really seems to be a collective unconscious in the world. What's more, physics even talks about this, with the reality of quantum entanglement and retrocausality. In a way, maybe all of our brains are actually entangled. Maybe that's what the soul is.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to chock this up as coincidence -- albeit a spooky one. This is a world where weird things happen, because we don't fully understand reality yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Speaking of sychronicities! This is exactly the kind of thing I was just talking about. And it's interesting that you mention how this seems to happen more often in art.

I've interviewed a lot of writers, and they all talk about the same thing -- entering the same kind of "zone" professional athletes get into when they're "hot". Michael Jordan hitting all those three's in the NBA finals, the US Men's relay team in that stunning win tonight.

The same thing goes on when people make art. There's a book on it called The Flow -- can't spell the guy's name who wrote it, lots of consonants. But this state allows peak performance, and is universally described as the merging of the self with the environment -- the dissollution of the "I" into the greater "all". In the east it's called Zen or transcendential mediation.

You loose yourself, and start speaking with a universal voice of creation. Maybe when artists are reaching this state, they're also seeing the future -- kind of remote viewing. And maybe why what they create strikes us so successfully.

Anyways, just food for thought.

edit: The psychologist is Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, and the book is here.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by timiathan]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I'm Brian Upton, the designer of Ghost Recon. I wrote those mission briefings you're quoting, not Tom Clancy. Tom wasn't involved in developing the plots of the Red Storm games after the original Rainbow Six. They were all done independently by me or one of the other Red Storm designers.

Hi I really do hope you are going to back up those claims ? Yeah you know because I'am Tom Clancy and I developed the plots ...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm Brian Upton, the designer of Ghost Recon. I wrote those mission briefings you're quoting, not Tom Clancy.

And you just happened upon this site, and this thread, just to post that?

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
we know the CIA will drop info in movies and games about upcoming events... remeber the lone gunman episode forshadowing 9-11?

...this wars timing was delibratly set and initiated by the US puppet state of georgia so just how long has this war been planned? what yall think of them apples?

Good find.

Don't forget about Get Smart Episode 52 which predicted the collapse of the World Trade Centers.

On Febuary 18, 1967, NBC aired episode 52 entitled "Smart Fit The Battle Of Jericho". Frank Lloyd Joshua operated a KAOS front posing as a construction company called the Joshua Construction Company which seemed to have a history of their High Rise buildings exploding.

Max Smart infiltrates the construction company and discovers that KAOS is using explosives in the actual construction of the buildings themselves.
Construction of the World Trade Center began in 1966. This episode aired just 197 days after the WTC ground breaking.

Around the time this episode aired, the producers of the show (Leonard B. Stern, Jess Oppenheimer, Jay Sandrich, Burt Nodella, Arnie Rosen, James Komak) have said they were directly contacted by the CIA who were very interested in where they were getting their ideas from.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now back to the current topic. I think you'll find it interesting that the U.S. has had military advisors training Chechnyan fighters in Georgia's Pankisi Gorge under the guise of hunting for Osama Bin Ladin, since 2002.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 11-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I never played Ghost Recon but I played Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and there is a lot of propaganda in it too. You see a fake news clip where the North American leaders are signing an agreement called NASJA which is something like North American Security Joint Agreement. It was basically the same thing that happened a few years later with SPP.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
yeah i've played teh series and can confirm the year was 2008 but not month of it happening. what atrip.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
here is what the storyline of the game is got it from the offical GR site

Eastern Europe, 2008
The world teeters on the brink of war. Radical ultranationalists have seized power in Moscow - their goal, the reestablishment of the old Soviet empire. Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan - one by onne the nearby independent republics slip back into the Russian orbit. Russian tanks sit in the Caucasus Mountains and the Baltic forests, poised to strike to the south and east. The world hold ots breath, and waits.
For one small group of elite soldiers, the war has already begun: U.S. Special Forces Group 5, First Battalion, D Company. Deployed on peacekeping duty to the Republic of Georgia in the Caucasus, this handful of Green Berets represents the very tip of the spear - the first line of defense. Equipped with the latest battlefield technology, and trained in the latest techniques of covert warfare, they strike - swiftly, silently, and invisibly.
They call themselves "The Ghosts"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I loved GR when it first came out haha was brilliant. First thing i thought when i saw Russia had attacked South Ossetia was "WTF! Ghost Recon was a game wasnt it?" lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I saw this thread and have only read the OP. I have to say OMG. I have not played any of the Ghost Recon games but have read a hell of a lot of Tom Clancy. He is a great author to say the least. I find it uncanny how he can fore-see (for want of a phase, as I don't think he is physic or anything) future events.

Now what is my point.....has anyone read the book 'Debt of Honour'. It finishes with a disgruntled Japanese pilot fling a passenger plane into the Captial Building after losing his brother and son in a war with the US.

What hit me about the book is it was written in the early - mid 90's and I remember Clancy being interviewed during 911. They were asking him if he ever imagined that an event from one of his' books would really happen.

Now this conflict in Georgia. This guy is either a top notch intelligence analyist or has been given information on planned and staged future events? It is no secert he has connections in the intelligence community.

Sorry a little off topic.

ozzieman

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
has anyone else heard about in relation to the lone gunmen, that this sort of stuff is planted in the sub concious on purpose for psychological reasons?

I heard that somewhere and im trying to find out more on just how it works and how it benefits the planners of the future events. This sort of thing seems to happen quite often actually.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
this sort of stuff is planted in the sub concious on purpose for psychological reasons?

I'm pretty sure that it is planted in the sub-concious mind so that you are aware that they are in total control and that you are a slave.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I thought about this game as soon as I heard what had happened with Georgia and I was a little bit freaked out to say the least.

I'm not sure whether Tom Clancy is some sort of prophet - I doubt it though. I remember 11th Sept. 2001, my friend read alot of Clancy's books and said to me that in one of the books it mentioned the WTC being hit by planes and he was really scared about it. I'm not sure if he was telling the truth as I have never read his books.

GR is awesome though!

Well your friend is half right. Clancy in Debt of Honour had a plot that a 747 was crashed into the capitol Building and took out the government. It lead into the next book Executive Orders where Jack Ryan became president. He was about to the sworn in as vice president when the airliner hit the building. I do remember that interview on 911, $#%$ freaky s@#t.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have just read the full thread on the GR forum, did anyone notice the post by Walter, he is claiming a black mercenary has been captured and there is a story in a russian paper. It is on page 3 posted at 02:43 AM on 11.08.08 (Aussie format guys dd/mm/yy). Link below.

LINK to GR forum page 3

He has some sort of translation, which mentions the guy is possibly American and also NATO instructor. Down the bottom of what he has posted goes on to say several bodies of black soldiers were found fighting on Georgian side. If they are NATO troops...what could this mean during the next few days? Interesting times.

He reports to have found a translation on google for the article, but I have tried it and is not working. Below is a link to the original story but it is not working either, but please try just in case. Can anyone read Russian and tell us what it is about if you manage to get it working.
LINK to article

I have now just tried to get to the main page of the paper www.izvestia.ru (I searched in google), everything is offline...is this cencorship...lol

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Anyway: In the Buffy, the vampire slayer episode Earshot Buffy stops Jonathan from killing himself with a Rifle, though it looks as if he was planning to start a massacre with it shooting people from a bell tower. Xander gets the line "who hasnt had the idle thought of taking out the whole place with a semiautomatic"

I think that may be a reference to the film 'If....' (1968), at least it reminds me of it

From wiki:

"At the end, in a surreal sequence, they discover a cache of automatic weapons, and revolt against the establishment. On Founders' Day when parents are visiting the school, they start a fire under the hall, smoke out the parents, staff and boys, and open fire on them from a rooftop."

en.wikipedia.org...

the Xander line seems familiar to me too, i think that may be a reworking of a line from that film.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ozzieman

hey ozzieman

yeah ive heard the same info too. i made a thread on it and posted a video from the russian news agencnies in the thread, you can read it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there most definatly are wester forces fighting in the area. as to wether they are blackwater mercs, or nato trainers im not sure...maybe they are "ghosts" haha. we ill probably find out more info soon when the russians release it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Interesting about the game. On the lone gunman thing, didn;t we have an interview here on ATS with someone involved int he x files and lone gunman series who said it was just a terrible co-incidence?...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here's another one for you. In the PC game F-22 Lightning (released 1999) you have to drop a tactical nuke on an Iranian WMD facility. Not all that amazing in itself, but the game was made by NovaLogic who also happen to make simulation software for the US military. I remember wondering at the time if it would actually happen one day.....who knows!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes and Operation Flashpoint and ArmA have been made by Bohemia Interactive, who also happens to make simulation software for Army use.

Not to mention their latest production, VBS2 (army usage) has a real time editor, virtually any scenario can be recreated with realistic vehicles etc.

Who wants to bet that I can create a scenario that actually plays out in the future?

[edit on 11/8/08 by -0mega-]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join