It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon game forshadows russian war perfectly!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

thanks for the reply!
oh so in the game it said april 16 2008 was the start of the attack? ok, i had never played the game i just read people saying it was taking place in august of 2008. anymore details you can give us on the plot because like i said i never played it im just trying to find out just how closely they are alligned. still even if it was april 2008 its close enough for me to find suspicious!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder if this war will spread to Latvia like in Ghost Recon?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yeah I ended up getting the Collectors edition of Ghost Recon which along with game included a Map walk-thru book. So I have just read through it again and yeah there are 15 missions that initially start in the South Ossetian Autonmous region and then Recon team end up doing missions in Latvia and finally ending in a rescue mission of Marines in Moscow, Russia on November 10, 2008.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

heres a story on the latvian governments take on the situation:

In response to the repeated appeals by the Georgian side to revert to negotiations in order to reduce the tension and to resolve the conflict, I am calling upon the Russian side to cease all military action, which could even more destabilise the situation in the region," indicates the Foreign Minister.

www.finchannel.com...

does not sound like the latvians are to happy about the situation. It seems like they are firmly on the georgian side. was there a breakaway territory in latvia also in the game?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I beleive in GR there are Rebel Camp Garrisons that the Recon have to take out etc. To get a thorough understanding of the plot line of the game I will have to reload the game again. Though my graphics card on my Laptop may not be up to spec.
There could be site somewhere on Google with more detail Plotline info.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I mentioned this a few days ago when the war first broke out. Unfortunately, nobody seemed to have read my post.

Some of you are crying conspiracy, but I don't see it as that at all. In fact, myself adn Justin Oldham, about a year ago, were discussing a possible Russian invasion of Georgia occuring in the near future and that being the start to World War III. I ended up discarding that scenario, but it appears that myself and Tom Clancy, whom I have little respect for, were indeed onto something.

The point is, when you study things enough, you will get better at predicting things and you will often be right on the money. Its knowledge vs. lack of knowledge.

Anyway, I think I'm going to dig up my old Ghost Recon game and join in this war.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I thought about this game as soon as I heard what had happened with Georgia and I was a little bit freaked out to say the least.

I'm not sure whether Tom Clancy is some sort of prophet - I doubt it though. I remember 11th Sept. 2001, my friend read alot of Clancy's books and said to me that in one of the books it mentioned the WTC being hit by planes and he was really scared about it. I'm not sure if he was telling the truth as I have never read his books.

GR is awesome though!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There's an intro movie i found on youtube.

us special forces group 5, first battalion d company i'm not a milatary person but do these or this group exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
yeah but i mean it has been admitted that the plot for the "lone gunman" was planted by the CIA. all i was asking is if this might be another such instance, though i agree if you pay attention to world politics enough you will know when stuff is set to go down. I noticed for the first time there would be trouble when the russian migs blew that georgian drone out of the sky... that was a cool video on you tube also. but yeah there has been tension since 1991 in this area so i guess its not suprising but it is extremely similar in my opinion.

but yeah if anyone has GR on their computer and could go over the plotlines in detail that would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

awesome!
thanks for that find...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

No problem
The statement in the video had me thinking, if these units exist might be interesting if anyone could find information on there latest tour or missions?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
Here is a conspiracy for you!

In 2001 a video game was released called Ghost Recon. This video game perfectly forshadows the current war between russia and georgia over south ossetia. keep in mind it was released in 2001, but was supposed to take place in the future.

The date in game for the conflict was...get this...August 2008! so 7 years ago a game was released that not only predicted what would happen and where but even predicted the time down to the month!

I think there is some spiritual law that evil plans have to be laid out to humans before they are allowed to happen. (Even if the humans don't believe it, or think it "fiction".)

C'mon, the "Lone Gunmen" about crashing planes into towers, now "Ghost Recon" with a war in Ossetia? How much of this before people wake up and smell the coffee?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

exactly! I have heard that same thing before. I think it even goes back to roman civil law. If you were about to screw with someone bad you had to put out a notice to the public. they may not ever read it but for legal reason you must give notice. I have heard mention of that having to do with the occult also. coupled with the "lone gunman" incident it makes you wonder... is this war going to be of Sept 11th importance to the world?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey, guys. I found this thread by Googling "ghost recon ossetia".

I'm Brian Upton, the designer of Ghost Recon. I wrote those mission briefings you're quoting, not Tom Clancy. Tom wasn't involved in developing the plots of the Red Storm games after the original Rainbow Six. They were all done independently by me or one of the other Red Storm designers.

I wasn't briefed by the CIA or anything. All the research I did for Ghost Recon was with publicly available sources like Jane's. We knew we wanted to do a game about a war between Russia and NATO and I picked South Ossetia as one of the most likely flashpoints. I'm as surprised as you all are that I guessed correctly!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ghost Recon was just one of many. Later this year, ArmA 2 will be released and that actually depicts Russia invading a fictional former Soviet republic called Chernarus in 2009. You play U.S. Marine Force Recon Marines sent in to fight alongside the separatists.

The Black Sea has been very popular as a backdrop for post-Cold War U.S.-Russia conflict. 1994's U.S. Navy Fighters capitalized on instability in Russia at the time and showed the Russians at war with Ukraine. The awesome Su-27 "Flanker" series all took place in the Black Sea, focusing on the Crimean Peninsula. Finally, the superb Lock On: Modern Air Combat series depicts warfare in the entire Black Sea region, Georgia included.

Its no conspiracy. Research shows that in the post-Cold War world, its not the North Cape or Central Europe we need to be concerned about when it comes to Russia. Its the Black Sea and the Caucasus.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Brian Upton,

Thanks so much for dropping by to inform us. Its good to hear the CIA didnt give you the polt and your just a really good writer... The main reason i was wondering if there was a conspiracy was because of the "Lone Gunmen" pilot episode and the connection with September 11th. plus ats is a conspiracy site haha.

Thanks for clearing the air, and alot of people love the game. Im sure you shouldnt have a hard time getting anymore contracts for writing new games after this whole conflict! good call! let us know if you have anymore thoughts on the current conflict.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

being that it is such a hotspot i just dont get why our country would be trying to get all these former soviet republics to join NATO especially when there is disputed territory involved. if a NATO country gets attacked that gurantees a really big war.

it just seems to me like the benifits are outweighed by the risks...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I guess just like in the game of Chess the player that can control the middle space of the game generally has a better advantage of winning. So obviously Georgia being globally a good middle ground. It then seems obviously an opportunity for a strategic advantage of any ensuing wars and conlflicts etc by Russia.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What is strange is that, the Goergians shot down two Russian Aircraft, one was reported to be a Tu-22 bomber, which I think is russias equal to Americas B1 lancer.

I dont know how in the hell the georgians were able to take it out, it would appear to be quite impressive. But could it be somthing more sinister? Could that bomber have been shot down due to covert US intervention? Maybe there is more to this game then one would think? Crazy!

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Gun Slinger]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Slinger

I think US weapons, support, and training may have played a role.
The US has had forces in georgia training the georgian military extensivly for some time. their military is also disproportionatly big and well funded compared to many other similar countries in that region, once again due to US funding and support i think. It will be intresting in later days to find out how advanced the russian jets were and how advanced the georgian anti air systems were.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join