It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Says He Needs More Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

John McCain Says He Needs More Sleep

www.jedreport.com

McCain said he would concentrate on getting more sleep when he can.

"If I put in three or four 18-hour, 20-hour days in a row, I'm not sharp. It's just a fact," the Republican senator from Arizona said. "I'm more sharp if I get a little rest."

McCain said he feels best sleeping until 7:30 or 8 a.m., as opposed to his usual morning drill of rising at 5:30 or 6 a.m.

"It seems to help me to get up a little later in the morning,"...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok this is just one more piece of information on McCain that rally makes me wonder if the man is cut out for the job he is working towards, POTUS?

Now I do realize that campaigning is hard work, but is being the President any less?

How often does the president get to 'go to bed early' or 'sleep in until 8am'?

I really truly believe the man is too old for the job and I do not believe he will be able to handle the strain it will put on him.

He has a hard time keeping his facts straight; he has a hard time controlling his temper; he has a hard time letting go of his bigoted ways that were ingrained in him the in the era he was born and matured in; and now it appears he has a hard time getting enough rest that leave him "not that sharp".

I seriously urge others to consider the implications of electing this man to office. I would seriously urge everyone to really consider the mans ability to perform the job at hand.

www.jedreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Animal]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Get more sleep...or take a weeks vacation to Hawaii like Obama?

Everyone needs a good 6-8 hours of sleep a night to perform at their best. The President included.

Identifying a problem and implementing a solution is a good trait for being President.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You do realize that unlike Obama McCain does NOT even work during the weekends?

Since effectively capturing the Republican nomination when Mitt Romney dropped out of the race on Feb. 7, John McCain has held just one public campaign event on a weekend.

Instead, after workweeks full of fundraisers, town hall meetings and interviews, McCain has been, in campaign parlance, “down” on nearly every Saturday or Sunday for 20 weeks, largely sequestered away from the news media.

He’s usually spending time with family, friends and campaign advisers at residences in Arlington, Va., and Phoenix or vacation homes near Sedona, Ariz., and San Diego
link

Regardless it is too bad the only defense you have for your candidate is attacking the other.

The point if this thread is not petty attacks on the candidates but a very real cause for concern in John McCain as president. One more to ad to a growing list of concerns that show the man is highly incapable of being a POTUS.

Read the OP and feel free to debate the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Please move this the the POLITICAL BREAKING NEWS forum where it belongs.

Nothing personal.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Human beings do need sleep. If he's putting in 18-20 hour days, its no surprise that he's tired. Anyone would be. His late waking times are irrelevant; its merely indicative of the fact that he's not getting to sleep until well after midnight.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Human beings DO need sleep I can not argue that point. But McCain himself says after 3 or 4 18-20 hours in a row he is "not that sharp", which quite honestly highlights his age and growing inability to withstand grueling hours. Sow hat happens if he has to deal with a major crisis and has to work constantly for days on end? Are we willing to let someone who self admittedly has a hard time in these situations "Staying sharp" making major life and death decisions for us as a nation?

Not everyone can be president, not only because they can not get elected but also because it is a HARD job. I am only 32 so I am still learning quite a bit about US politics but I remember watching both Clinton and GW Bush go completely gray over a matter of around 4 years. The strain must be incredible to make such rapid physical changes in these men.

Being president takes its toll on a person and I seriously worry that McCain would not survive it. I am not trying to bash him or talk trash here I am voicing a very serious and legitimate concern about his ABILITY to do the job from the beginning to the end.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Animal]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I don't think it highlights anything except, again, that humans need sleep. If you put anyone in that situation, they will fatigue and they will not be as 'sharp' as they'd otherwise be. Obviously, age brings an increase in the rate at which that fatigue occurs in most cases, but anyone of any age will be susceptible under those circumstances.

It could be a problem, but I definitely don't think there's anywhere close to enough evidence to say that it IS a problem. I've seen 90 year olds who could work circles around people a third of their age. McCain may not be one of those, but I wouldn't write him off simply because he's over 70 and gets worn down from a work schedule that would get to virtually anyone.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pretty much we'd be electing his VP, not him. As he would die from stress and old age. So, vote for McCain's VP as McCain won't be president for long. That's if McCain makes it to the election without a stroke or heart attack.

Hey, what would happen if McCain DID DIE of a heart attack or stroke from stress of campaigning?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Some people seem to thrive on few hours of sleep per night...I know I'm not one of them.
If I were running for president and I were of his age, I would certainly NOT want that to be a news item.

In these times, crisis happens. They often go for days and don't take the weekend off.
The POTUS needs to be sharp during a crisis.

No, this is not something I would want to tell potential voters about myself.
Especially if I were his age. :shk:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This just shows hes no different than anyone else. He is human.. not an android that can go for 24/7 non stop.. This doesn't effect my opinion of him one way or the other.
Im still young and I need at least 5 hours a night to be functional the next day, 7 to be fully ready to go. He's likely under an incredible amount of stress, and he's older.. he should probably be getting a full 8...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Raverous]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something.... The fact that a human being needs sleep and isn't sharp after two or three days of getting 4-6 hours of sleep is news? Is McCain supposed to be superman and not need sleep in order to be an effective president? (Assuming he gets elected of course.) How is this in any way an indicator of how good he would be at being the president? I just don't see what's so important about a man saying he needs sleep...

I mean seriously, I'm still relatively young and I'm not that sharp after four hours of sleep either.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Jenna]

new topics

top topics

join