It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another man threatens to kill Obama, second in a week

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like a second man has threatened to kill Obama, this time a North Carolina man. The first guy was from Florida.

This just goes to what I said before - I feel that Obama's security team is going to need to be on the ball constantly and on the watch from whacko's like these, especially radical nutjobs from popular hate groups.

Source: ap.google.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
... especially radical nutjobs from popular hate groups.

The fact that there are "popular hate groups" disgusts me.

America, the land of projecting hate onto others so we can avoid all personal accountability.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Very well put, Quazga.

I'm sure there will be many plotters thinking of ways to take out Obama.
But there are many plotters thinkin of ways to Take out Bush too.

The mere fact that the news stations cover these idiots is proof enough that this country cannot let go of its fear of racism.

Threats from white supremacy groups are racist propaganda.

Why give them the tunnel to mainstream society tht they crave?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Keep in mind that both of the defendants have denied making any threats.

We live in an age where if somebody cuts a fart in a airport and I say "Whew, what a BOMB!", I'll have the cops all over me in a heartbeat--arrested as a potential terrorist.

They might have indeed made actual threats about assassinating Obama---I don't know---but I do know that our society is becoming hyper-sensitive on certain things.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

We also live in an age when someone breaks the law blatantly and their lawyers are able to find ways around it by saying "just make the case that if you cut farts in an airport they label you a terrorist"

It can go both ways.
If obama were doing this as a means of attention - and no threats were being made, im sure he could be a little more creative and it'd happen on a much more frequent basis.

You fail to recognize that there ARE people like this idiot (the guy who threatened obama) in this world. THere are people who have no clue in life, who live completely pointless, fruitless, dead end lives and have nothing - and some how thats someone elses' fault.

There are stupid, ignorant, worthless people in this world.
Not everything in a conspiracy

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

I agree with you. I'm not saying these people are innocent and it scares me to death to think that we could have another MLK situation on our hands. But everyone is so uber-sensitive right now, I'm surprised Jesse Jackson didn't get hauled in for making a physical threat on Obama's jewels.

These guys could have said something like that and it could be considered a threat from them because they aren't in the social position of JJ. Then again, they could be totally guilty and making serious threats. Who knows?

Still, talking about harming a presidential candidate is just dumb, whether you're serious or not. Especially knowing the Culture of Fear our country now lives in (thank you very much, George Bush).

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So Obama finds himself at the pearly gates and St. Peter is standing there. St. Peter asks him, "What did you accomplish while on Earth?"

"I was the first black man to get elected President of the United States" Obama replied.

"Thats wonderful." replies St. Peter, "When was this?"

Obama looks at his watch and say's, "About twenty minutes ago."

On a more serious note, The secret service are shelling out about 40,000 dollars a day to protect each of the top candidates and will spend well over 100 million dollars during the 2008 elections. (source: Parade magazine. 8/10/2008)

The Secret service is obligated to check out each and every threat made against someone under their protection, so I really doubt anyone is actually going to get close enough to take out Obama.

What ticks me off is each time one of these lunatics makes a threat it costs the taxpayers a small fortune, cause even a small threat has to be investigated.

I hope that besides the jail time the perp receives, they also have to pay the tax payers back. Now that would be justice.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Looks like a second man has threatened to kill Obama, this time a North Carolina man. The first guy was from Florida.

This just goes to what I said before - I feel that Obama's security team is going to need to be on the ball constantly and on the watch from whacko's like these, especially radical nutjobs from popular hate groups.

Source: ap.google.com...

EDIT: Just read the article! Are they both from NC?

To my understanding originally the first guy was from NC attending a bail bond class here in Miami.

If I understand correctly both are from NC. Either way, people need to respect the political process. These people think they are patriots but it really goes against everything our country was built on.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, you put a black man in the election you're bound to get death threats. Unfortunatly, people are racist. I doubt thats the only reason though. Maybe some people are extremely resistant to change. (I personally don't root for Obama, but death threats? thats a tad far.)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Especially knowing the Culture of Fear our country now lives in (thank you very much, George Bush).

I'm sooo scared to walk the street every day. All those snipers in police uniforms gunning for us all every time we look over our shoulders. I'm terrified. Damn that George W. Bush

What's different in America today vs. 8 years ago? I'm not talking about the higher stock market or the lower unemployment rate of today, even at these times of pressing economic woes. I'm not talking about the lower taxes thanks to the Bush tax cuts. I'm not talking about the more secure borders, more secure airlines or the increased national security. I mean SERIOUSLY different. What can't we do now that we could do 8 years ago? What freedoms have we lost today that we had back then? What losses of freedom and what fears are GWB's fault? Last time I checked, the president didn't make laws.

But please, let's blame Bush for all our problems as he directly influences our individual lives. I have him over for dinner all the time and he's always stealing my silverware. That theif

[edit on 10-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I didn't read all the threads but Obama will make a GREAT president and it doesn't matter his race. I think he will lead America as best he can which says very much. If we were attacked by Aliens fron another planet - we would all ban together and forget about skin colour and race - and fight side by side. in the end we are ALL human. There are stupid people and gifted people in EVERY race and sex. It takes intelligent people to see that.
Plus - I'm Canadian - so if Obama wins or loses - it doesn't matter to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Obama is inviting it upon himself with this whole, disgusting messianic image he's trying to portray. Obviously, these would-be assassins are idiots, but I understand why they would exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudanglee
I didn't read all the threads but Obama will make a GREAT president and it doesn't matter his race. I think he will lead America as best he can which says very much. If we were attacked by Aliens fron another planet - we would all ban together and forget about skin colour and race - and fight side by side. in the end we are ALL human. There are stupid people and gifted people in EVERY race and sex. It takes intelligent people to see that.
Plus - I'm Canadian - so if Obama wins or loses - it doesn't matter to me.

Oh, so us having Bush as president these last years didn't matter you folks up north?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This really doesn't surprise me. While I don't agree with 95% of what he says and Ill shed no tears if he does get killed.. I still don't want to see him dead... I hope his security team is getting payed overtime.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The closer we get to election time, the more whackjobs you're gonna see crawl out from under the woodwork. I can never understand the mentality of those who wish another dead because they don't like them. If you don't want the man for your president, go vote against him.

What popular hate group does he belong to ? I read the article and i didn't see any mention of him belonging to any hate group. I read the article about the guy that was arrested in Florida and i didn't see anything about him being in a hate group either.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Everybody is up in arms "Obama is threatened" oh no! It must be a radical right racist thing! You know the same ones who never threatened Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice? Where was the uproar when they made a movie about assasinating Bush and it was actually shown in Cannes? Lets face it - anything unpopular towards Obama is going to construed as "racist". Even though he is half white and was raised by whites (or whitey as the Mrs. O would say). I'm so sick of everything being blamed on racists - its such a copout. Some just think Obama walks on water and should be treated special - the threats will come regardless of race, its a matter of his radical politics, rock star image and arrogance.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
At least he doesn't have made for TV movies made about his assassination, along with merchandise that says "Kill Bush".

Out of curiosity, how do you all know this has to do with race?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Because Dronetek - everything with Obama has to do with race - GAAAWD- didn't you know that? I agree with you 100% - you can't even tell anyone your not voting for him without the "why because he's black ?" question.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
America is a melting pot of the whole world and every time something like this happens it's racist or America to blame. How long do you think a white person would last running for president in Iraq, or in Mexico, Japan etc... Or a black man/woman running for president in japan? It's a shame that a few idiots come out of woodwork and America is to blame. There's over 300,000,000 people in the United States that hasn't threatened Obama. The world isn't perfect and neither is the United States but we have the most diverse & multicultural population ever and they come here to America for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join