It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright blue light in the night sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

I saw the same thing you have just decribed yesterday night around exactly 11:30pm on 12/12/08. It was a blue emblazed orb that was hovering stationary in the sky to the North East. It flashed a blue indigo color brighter than any star i have ever seen. In an instance it was gone about the time it takes to blink. It flew off into the horizon faster than any man made machine could move. The flash made my eyes water for the whole car ride home. It was the most spectauclar yet terrifying thing i've ever seen in my life.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

Hay I've just experienced that big bluish white bright light in the sky last night with my friends at a beach and it was very close.it left like a long line and the light lasted at least 3sec.I'm just wondering what it was.It was quite amazing I gotta say

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alright, I just searched for something I experienced @ 4:00 / 4:15 A.M. I awoke from my sleep because of a cough, and couldn't go back to sleep. So I stayed up and read a book. Out of my left eye I notice a blinking blue light as if it were right outside my window...I had figured it was merely a Christmas light or something. It was silent. Dead silent. Then I heard the shed rattle as if someone were trying to get into it, but I ascribe that to wind. Then I saw a yellowish light further North East from where I live. Curious as to how a thunderstorm could be going on in the middle of winter, I went around the house to look through a better-viewing window. I waited. Then I saw the same thing, except red. Again, no sound.

So I go to bed and hear something like dishes falling from the cupboards to the floor. I was pissed off at this point, so I didn't care what it was. I go out to the main area where the noise came from, and nothing was there. So I go back to my bedroom window and see that there were holes as if they were punctured in the clouds. The first one I saw was the second made, and was not as clear, but was there.

Then around 6:00 A.M. the power went out and we heard throughout two hours seven "pops" outside. My father thinks they were transformers blowing, but I don't know. The lights on the ground and forest trees could be glistening ice. Crap................there was something moving on top of the water tower. Anyways, I can explain everything except for the lights in the sky. 4:00 - 6:00 A.M.E.S.T. Northwest Ohio / Northeast Indiana border.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

I was fishing last night about that time in San Jose CA and I also seen the area light up and looked up to see it shooting straight down towards earth and made two separate burst right before it disappeared. It lasted about 4 seconds, it was longer than any star I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i live in massachusetts and i witness a greenish blueish light flash in the sky. i thought it was a shooting star but then realized it was way to brigh and going to slow. my friend and i both saw it at the same time. it was about 10 when we were outside walking back to her house when we saw this lighht go across the sky. ive read this discriptions and they sound just like what we saw. we saw this on dec. 29, 2008.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I live in the Hudson Valley in New York. Last night (1/11/09 around 1:00 am) I saw something that I nor my family members could explain. There was a full moon last night shining very brightly and lighting up the landscape. I was watching a movie on television when I noticed bright flashes of light outside that looked like lightning, but the temperature is much too cold in New York in January to create lightning. I opened up my shades to discover the light was a blue glow coming from the southeast. The light seemed to oscillate, surging brightly and dimming every few seconds, with a noticeable vertical cylinder reaching from the ground to the sky. I opened my window and discovered the suring light was also generating a humming sound. Hysterically I awoke my wife and teenage children to show them what I was observing and to actually validate that I was truly seeing it. We watched this phenomenon for another 10-15 minutes when it just stopped abruptly and did not return. It haunts me still today. I have no explanation as to what it could have been. Does anyone else? Has anyone else experienced such a phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i saw the exact same blue-greenish light it lit up my city for miles. i was on my way home around midnight about a half mile from my home and it lit up, it stayed lit but flashed off and onn about 4 times over ten seconds or so. i could see everyone was swerving on the road trying to look up at the sky. i asked my dad if he had seen anything and he said the windows lit up behind the tv but he was uninterested so i called my friend who was about a mile away at the time and she said she saw it too. she called the news, they said they'd look into it.

this all happneed 2 days ago

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Guys I just saw a similar light 1/28/09 in Louisville, KY. Was on the phone with a buddy when he saw it. I was outside and sky lite up blue, but did not have a clear view of the sky. My fiance saw it too and we finished our cigs and i went upstairs to see if I could get a better view. About 20 minutes passed and I saw nothing. Somewhat frustrated I didn't see it again while my buddy continued to say he was seeing it, i went back downstairs. I went back upstairs about ten minutes later and bam! a huge flash of a brilliant bright blue almost royal, then a change in color to robins egg blue. about 30 mins after that i was in bed when power flickered. i knew this because the treadmill started beeping. i went back upstairs to see another flash, although it wasn't as bright and long as the other. It came from the same place in the sky. We are having a slight blizzard and at the time of these events freezing rain. but i know it was not lighting because i've seen a blueish heat lighting before. guessing it could have been a blown transformer, but i doubt i would have seen it in the same place more than once in such a long time span. and i don't know how my buddy would have seen the same thing about six or seven times, as he lives 10 to 15 miles away.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

On a separate night during the summer of 2007 myself and four friends were on lake cumberland in kentucky. we had been doing a little drinking, but we out on the middle of the lake during the very early hours of the morning. it was a very clear night during a meteor shower(lots of shooting stars). myself probably saw 20 shooting stars that night. but something else caught my eye as well as one of my friends. he said he saw it before i did, but he thought he was just seeing things until i yelled,"holy # look at that!" All of us, with the exception of one friend saw this star like light blink across the sky as if it were following coordinates. You could only see it for a second. the light moved nw, w, s, e, ne, in a split second. it appeared to be further away from earth than any of the stars. it was not a shooting star b/c there was no tail from burning in the atmosphere. The light looked more distant than anything I've ever seen in the sky. but it looked similar to a star, but its movement was incredible and chilling. every hair rose at its sight. My three friends who witnessed it all agree with what i have just shared. i've never seen anything move so fast across the sky more or less on this earth or in its atmosphere. we all believe it to have been something unknown to the average human. i can't explain what it was and neither can they. i have tried to make a scientific and rational explanation that it could be a satellite, but this was two far from the earth to be that. this was clearly farther from there earth than any star we can see with the naked eye, although brighter. if anyone has seen anything like this, please share your experience b/c i hope we weren't the only ones.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
tonight on 1/28/09 i was on my phone with a friend. i was outback smoking a cig with my fiance. in louisville, ky we just got a lot of snow and it is freezing rain. my buddy screamed and told me his house, which had no power, lit up a brilliant blue. myself and my fiance experience the same light but did not have a clear view of the sky because we were under the deck. i witnessed the same light about 30 minutes after my buddy saw it. he claims to have seen it 6 or 7 times from the time he first saw it to the time i got a clear shot at it. it was like a royal blue and something appeared to be in the light. the rich blue ended in more of a robin egg blue. ended up seeing it twice in a span of 45 minutes in the exact same spot.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Saw same blue lights last night, Jan 28, 2009 near Warren County, NJ / Northampton County, PA around 7 PM...There was a bright blue flash that lit up the night sky, lasted about 3 seconds.....then around 10 seconds later there was another one.....then no more

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As I was driving home last night I saw a bright blue "something" explode in the sky right in front of where we were driving. It was fairly low in the sky. It burst apart and seemed to blast into multi pieces.

My mother also observed it but she saw it to be round and yellow, with a round like "head" and small body.

She did not see it explode blue as I did. It all happened very quickly.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I also saw something several months ago sounding similar. I was driving by san antonio texas about 2 am, and i saw a huge light, much larger than any shooting star. It was a bright silvery blue, not like any manmade energy source i have seen, and ive been in the military so ive seen rockets, shells, flares, and tracers, it was nothing like these. It was quite far away, but where shooting stars look like pin points, this looked pencil eraser sized by comparison, so it was many degrees larger than a shooting star. It quickly shot across half my visible sky in a fraction of a second, then it burst into light. Not like an explosion. The only way i can describe it is, similar to the way sound explodes when something breaks the sound barrier, this looked like a light explosion as if something broke the light barrier. It was incredible, and just to make a record i called 911 on my cell phone and reported it. My dog and cat saw it with me....but they werent as excited as i was.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I was sitting watching tv hear in Misssouri USA, and seen the light, was very fast like lightning. Many people around my area also saw it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Folks, there is most definitely something going on in the skies that is new to our ability to observe it.

There are threads and threads of these sightings and never any real explanations besides calling them meteors or comets.

I remember back when the term Star Wars as a defense system was a common subject then it seemed to go underground.

We are seeing some kind of new tech, I am convinced of that.

If we keep sharing our stories and observations perhaps eventually we will be given some type of explanation that makes some sense.

I know Tesla technology has some amazing capabilities to shoot things from one place to another in the sky.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have frequently seen beams of light in the sky from my backyard. While investigating this phenomena I found a link which could pertain to what is being discussed in this thread as well.

In order to generate plasma, the photon beam can be replaced by the emission of other particles such as protons or electrons. A synchrotron can generate a beam of protons sufficiently energetic for them to cross a certain distance in the atmosphere while only giving off very weak radiation caused by a slight loss of energy. When this energy descends below a certain threshold because of these losses, the protons can no longer go forward in the atmosphere and the remaining energy, still significant, then ionises the oxygen and the nitrogen so as to form a shining ball of plasma: a luminous point in the sky.

By adjusting the proton energy one can decrease or increase the distance at which the luminous plasma is formed. A rapid adjustment backwards and forwards can thus give the illusion of a streak of light in the sky. In the same way, by altering the quantity of protons emitted, one can lower or increase the luminous intensity of the plasma. Finally, one can play with the direction of the firing so as to produce a specific luminous shape by applying a sweeping motion. This kind of production is within the capabilities of the military, which is able to generate luminous phenomena either from the ground or from an aerial platform, probably a dirigible balloon, since numerous witnesses have mentioned the silent and very slow flight of the UFOs they have seen

There is alot of technical information in semi layman terms, I would recommend those interested in some possiblities of what we may be seeing as potentially results of such experimentation to read this article.

www.ovnis.atfreeweb.com...

A particle beam with a horizontal and vertical sweep allows the drawing of a crude shape at long distance. The shape can be moved as a whole and can simulate an erratic flight or include astonishing turns of speed if the particle cannon is controlled by a motor. This motor, directed by computer, can be linked to a radar system which is locked onto the target (witness, vehicle, aeroplane) so as to follow the latter automatically. At distances greater than a few kilometres (it is assumed), the shape is somewhat limited to luminous spots or blobs, owing to the lack of sufficient focusing capability. In the course of years the technology has evolved, the shapes have been refined, and now, instead of fixed projections, animated projections have become possible. Let us remind ourselves that if there is a matrix of antennae being used for emitting radio waves or microwaves, the plasma which is produced in this way can be moved as a whole by electronic control of the emission phase or frequency of each antenna

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by interestedalways

I was sitting watching tv hear in Misssouri USA, and seen the light, was very fast like lightning. Many people around my area also saw it.

I am in Missouri as well, it happened around maybe 8pm, just guessing at the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
i have read all comments to this subject and some people are talking about some thing that looked like a shooting star n some thing that looked like sheet lightning. so I'm not sure if what this topic is talking about but what i saw it looked like sheet lightning nothing like a falling star it was blue faint i wasnt sure if i had seen what i saw it happend fast but I had a friend with me and he saw the same thing we were out fishing and we had an open sky and it took up the hole sky this blue flash there were no storms around....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
was driving back from Edinburgh on Monday night (09th Feb) and i saw a big blue flash that lit up the night sky. looked like a bubble of light from an area just 20 miles outside Edinburgh city. Not seen anything like it before.. very strange!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

(I have seen this also. It looks like a bright blue flare flying down. It looks like something closer to earth than a shooting star. I am in Nome, AK and My husband seen his at about 11:30 pm on Wednesday September 10th and I seen mine on Thursday about 11:00 pm different locations, same road out of Nome. )
I live north of pittsburgh and on two different nights around 10:30 i observed a blue cylinder type of aurora that started to appear in a linear fashion across the night sky. It only lasted for 2-3 sec after it covered half the sky. It appeared like you would expect the exhaust of a jet but only 20 times faster. I wasn't the only one to see it on both occasions. If any others have seen this please post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join