It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright blue light in the night sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

In an area called Long Lake, just about 15 min. from downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota in a lovely sort of remote area near our larger Lake Minnetonka, I was in my car around midnight last night/this morning. I was on a street called Brown Road, approaching Wayzata Blvd where I was going to turn right. As I slowed down to prepare for my turn, travelling in the same direction in which I was headed, just overhead (surprisingly low in the sky) shot what I at first thought was a shooting star ~ I was excited about it, but it immediately occurred to me that I had never seen anything quite like this. This was a deep blue kind of flame with gold. It went straight as an arrow, and the streets were quiet except for my car, and once it blew by me overhead, as soon as my mind registered what my eyes saw, it was gone, as if swallowed up by the night sky. Earlier in the evening I had been admiring the stars, so visible in this area due to its less dense population (yet relative closeness to the city). I am always searching the night sky for the sheer delight of all that sparkles up there, with very little knowledge of the actual constellations with the exception of the Big Dipper, which I am always excited to see, like a little kid. I am a 50 year old with a fairly high IQ and a college degree. I have been searching online this morning for any information regarding what I saw last night. I found many stories of green balls of light but this was most definitely deep blue and gold. I can not remember specifically if the "head" or point was blue, and the "tail" or trails were gold, or if it was the other way around but it definitely appeared to have a point, and very straight and even lines emanating from it. what the heck did I see, and did anyone else see this last night?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have just had a similar experience - sat watching tv the whole sky out the back of our house had lit up a brilliant blue. Not a small ball or patch as some describe but the entire sky. Time was around half 12 in Worcestershire... there is some foul weather going on but so brilliant blue with no sign of any thunder etc... happened three times in 20 minutes?? Any hints of what it may have been??

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I saw the same thing you describe on August 31, 2008 at about 11:00 PM EST. I am in southeastern Michigan. Myself and several relatives were sitting around a campfire in my back yard. The only ones that saw it were myself and my nephew. We both described it the same way, not like a shooting star, but just a very quick flash of light in the northern sky at about 75 degrees in relation to the ground. It happened twice, about 3 to 5 minutes apart, in the same area of the sky. I am 57 years old and I have never seen anything like it before.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

Last night Sept 26, While sitting out on my backyard, I noticed 2 flashes, Just like a photo flash. They seem to be coming from over head.

About this same time lastyear while camping out in a field, Me and my girlfriend were laying on a blanket looking at the stars and we saw a flash from over head. We looked for any aircraft or anything else in the night sky. Nothing... I am not really sure what it is. But have now witnessed it two times in the past year.

Georgia

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Saw an amazing sight in the sky outside of Salem OR tonight about 9:10pm... I very bright BLUE shooting star.....has anyone seen anything like this before?????

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am from the northeast. Tonight at about 12:30am the sky lit up a very bright blue as if there was an explosion of sorts that lit up the entire sky. About 5 minutes later we lost our power. I'm inclined to think it must have been some sort of transformer blowing too....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I live in queensland australia few nights ago it was a clear night i was facing east toward the ocean and i saw a faint blue flicker like lightning there was no clouds at all and no storms near by. i have seen this light befor in the past a few times....

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have seen this also. It looks like a bright blue flare flying down. It looks like something closer to earth than a shooting star. I am in Nome, AK and My husband seen his at about 11:30 pm on Wednesday September 10th and I seen mine on Thursday about 11:00 pm different locations, same road out of Nome.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Saw the exact same thing earlier tonight. Sitting at a bus stop with my gf looking up at the sky, extremely quiet street where I live, clear sky, large blue flare almost like the flames out the back of the Batmobile the way I saw it, very creepy, and around the same area stars that were moving... we were both getting a little creeped out. Stars don't move at night like that, one minute they were in the centre of my vision, then over to the right behind a lamp post, then further over behind a treeline and it wasn't the only small ball of light that was moving either, very strange.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I saw a bright blue light, but no streak moving at a tremeandous speed, me and my brother saw it around 1 AM in Central California on January 13th 2007.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Me and my girlfriend were out walking, and saw numerous blue flashes in the sky, which light up the horizon. We tried to film it but couldnt get any clear view of it.

This happned just now, and i was just trying to google it for some answers. First i thought it was stormy weather, but after watching the horizon turning blue for like 10 times, im pretty sure its not some storm. Also the blue flashed wasnt accompanied by any sounds at all.

The only thing i found throug google is this:
www.nasa.gov...

A site about gamma radiation, maybe its the cause to these blue flashes? By the way, i live in Sweden so its happening over here too

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I saw the same thing you describe on August 31, 2008 at about 11:00 PM EST. I am in southeastern Michigan. . I am 57 years old and I have never seen anything like it before.

I cut down the quote to comply with site rules, but did want to say thanks for the response.

Why are so many of us seeing the same or very similar anomalities???

I observed an orange "star" looking object a few nights ago a bit lower than the rest of the stars and after running in to get the trusty binoculars I watched it get a "tail" or stream of fire from the end of it and simply disapear. It didn't "go" anywhere or even move, it just was gone as soon as the trail of orange fire looking stuff came out from the back of it. It was a bit more oval than round.

The skies are becoming very interesting. My question is are we dealing with manmade tech or visitors?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

i was in Richmond VA in 2003 and it was holloween and a lot of people called in on the radio saying the was a blue light like the color blue on a cop car the lit up the whole sky they said i was a meteor but i doubt that.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i was standing at my window talking on the phone when the entire sky lit up bright blue and was accompanied by an electrical humming sound. it lasted for about 3 seconds. i was thinking a transformer blew, but none of the power flickered in any of the surrounding buildings. i'm in New Jersey.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was looking at my ATS and saw this had been bumped recently and I'm shocked at all the replies from Anonymous ATS users. This sounds like a frequent event and I think I can rule out meteorites because they have to be relatively large to bang this large so it must be something else, I don't think it is sheet lightning as I've seen that twice myself and it is easily recognisable and only happens during storms. Anyone else got any thing that could fit what has been seen?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I also live in Michigan and saw a very similar instance last night. It was a round flash of light that only lasted an instant. It was orange and red in color. I was looking at the North Star and it was very close to it. My question is, gamma rays or supernova, are they that visible?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

I live in California, and I was googling blue falling stars, because that is what I thought I saw on monday night as I drove home. Well your post came up and I found it interesting. I am not sure what you saw out there, but what I saw looked like a falling star, but it was blue.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I live in southwest florida. around 10pm my friend from work said he saw something that looked like a bright blue light (kinda like a flare) that was low to the sky. he was expecting to hear an impact becuse of the size and how low it was. for sure not a shooting star. tonight at about 8:35pm my dad said he saw the same thing. which he also described as a flare like bright blue/green light. theres nothing we could come up with to guess what it was....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i live in pittsburgh i am tottally shocked as # that im reading this ive witnesseed the exact identical flash that you described im visiting my friends crib in carnegie and in almost the exact same settings in his backyard chillen under this umbrella next to our campfire cuz it was raining and not only I but myself my friend and three other fiends of ours the date today is november, 9, 2008 if you have heard anything at at all about this strange occurance please contact me at my email [email protected] thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Me and some friends were driving home to Bristol along the M5 when we saw what looked like a large blue flame shooting out of the ground a long way away (5-10 miles) It then lit up the sky like a camera flash, but a blue/turquise colour. About 40 miles later we saw exactly the same thing. I've never seen anything like it before, and can't find any mention of it anywhere apart from here. Very strange, any ideas anyone?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join