It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Horrific Consequences Of Disclosure. And It’s Not Going To Happen Just Yet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There has been a lot of discussion on why the discovery of life (especially advanced life forms) or perhaps even contact is being kept secret by the powers that be and why they aren’t disclosing the truth. Why are they hiding it from the public? Well, my take is that any disclosure of life on another planetary body whether primitive or advanced, especially the latter, would have wide ranging ramifications. What will be the short-term and long-term effects of such disclosure on people, institutions, and cultures?

• General panic in vast segments of populations leading to breakdown of law and order. This, of course, would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within societies.

• Profound emotional and intellectual consequences resulting in a sea change in attitudes and human values.

• The fear of disintegration of our society when confronted by a superior one, becoming a ‘slave’ race as a consequence.

• Stock markets crashing around the world due to fear and uncertainty resulting in an economic melt down with across-the-board consequences.

• Far reaching implications on our religious belief systems.

Apart from what has been mentioned above, if free energy is made available through ET technology the energy conglomerates/cartels would stand to lose trillions of dollars and the enormous influence they have over governments. They will not allow that to happen. There is also the requirement /necessity of keeping secret very advanced alien technology that can be used for military purposes.

So now you know what you are up against! If you were in a position of authority in the government would you opt for disclosure? Maybe not! At least not yet.

Perhaps graduated disclosure is what is needed and probably already happening. But it would need a paradigm shift and evolutionary change in the human psyche to accept and absorb the reality that we are not alone, but just a miniscule part of the greater whole of universal life in the cosmos.

Today, for most, it is incomprehensible that there could be advanced alien cultures probably billions of years ahead of us spiritually and technologically. How many can accept that? Our thinking is driven by our religious belief systems, that we are the only intelligent species God created in the universe. How can there be others more advanced than us?

That said, let’s consider the positive side of what would happen if there was disclosure resulting in open contact and interaction with technologically and spiritually advanced extra terrestrial cultures. This, needless to say, after we’re ready for it, perhaps a couple hundred years in the future:

• The birth of humanism, a system of thought that rejects religious beliefs and centers on humans and their values, capacities, worth and the welfare of humanity as a whole.

• Graduate into a Type 1 civilization harnessing free, unlimited energy, and utilizing all its forms and manifestations in a positive way for the common good of mankind. There would be no wars of domination for oil, an inefficient and non renewable source of energy. We would finally break out from the energy stranglehold to become a truly planetary civilization.

• Control of weather and radiation for ideal crop management throughout the world. There would be no hunger, no children dying of starvation.

• Join the so called Galactic Federation (If there is such a thing) for the overall progress of mankind on the spiritual and technological planes.

• Reaching out for the stars – the final frontier - with advanced technology that we can only dream of at present.

• The renaissance of the human spirit, graduating to a higher plane of existence.

• Finally, through the doorway to the grandeur of a Type 2 civilization, harnessing the energy of the galaxy in the not too distant future.

But as per Dr Edgar Mitchell: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure.”

I think not! The paradigm shift in the human psyche to comprehend, understand and accept would probably take another couple hundred years, maybe more, as I’ve mentioned earlier. So don’t be under the impression that disclosure by the governments is close at hand. It’s not going to be - at least not in our lifetimes! We’re not ready yet and more importantly, there’s too much at stake here.

Disappointed? Well, that’s the way it is!

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yet another great post Mike
Star and Flag.

I agree, as much as the majority of us here at ATS want the disclosure, most of the masses in the world probably could not handle the truth as much as we would like to believe they could.

If it were to happen, anarchy would probably follow only out of fear....thanks to Hollywood. Man, its a tough question to which really I sit on the fence about. I can see both the good and bad sides of disclosure. As much as I want it and think we deserve the truth, I would hate to see countries and people tear each other apart over it.

Perhaps they (the government) should come to sites like this and choose certain masses of population to give full disclosure to first and then let us lead the way for the rest to follow.

Or just give the whole truth and let the cards fall where they may. I believe that a huge factor would be wether the aliens were benevolent or not. If they were truly here to help the human species become more than they are and to help us become that Star Trek like scenario you mentioned, and that was explained to us and understood by us then I think it may go over better than expected.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I dont know about the Market, it seems that is bouncing back again look ap.google.com...
but still you got a strong point

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If aliens indeed are here, they are calling the shots. And I can see no reason why the aliens would want us to have full disclosure. It is one thing to have their crafts seen and people having all kinds of theories about these crafts and it is a whole other ballgame to be "outed".

Sorry, but the aliens are staying inside the closet

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Great post Mike, flag and a star

Though I agree with most that is presented in your OP, I still personally feel that it is our right as citizens of this planet to know the truth.
Perhapse all of the consequenses of disclosure may indeed shake us to our core.
But in my opinion that is what a majority of the worlds population needs.
An awakening to the individual humanity that lies within us all.
Regardless of the ramifications, and I understand that this could be a situation X scenario. No Political, Religious, Academic or body of elite individuals , has the right to blind us of the truth.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That's why i support NEW WORLD ORDER

Disclosure could only happen then when there's no fear of countries developing military weapons using ET tech which could get out of hand

By the way all this talk of "People would panic" "They're not ready" this and that is all BS

The only otehr reason is that it's out of the governments' hands & that they're benevolent (not necessarily here to kill us all & take the planet for themselves so dont bring up the "Why haven't they wiped us off yet ?" BS

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
I think not! The paradigm shift in the human psyche to comprehend, understand and accept would probably take another couple hundred years, maybe more, as I’ve mentioned earlier. So don’t be under the impression that disclosure by the governments is close at hand. It’s not going to be - at least not in our lifetimes! We’re not ready yet and more importantly, there’s too much at stake here.

I dont know. I think the thing we need to examine is who the stakeholders are. In your negatives list, is appears to me that the stakeholders are the people who have been exploiting and manipulating the masses for a couple thousands of years. Politicians, religious leaders, financiers, etc. Who really cares if they lose their stake? (Except for them, of course)

If the religious ideologies are incorrect, lets correct them, or make a move in that direction. Other life forms dont make an argument for no God, they just make the dogmatic part of some religions glaringly inadequate. Since those same dogmatic assertions have been wrecking havoc here on Earth for centuries without aliens, what do the masses stand to lose? Nada. In fact, they stand to gain with a better understanding of themselves, the universe, and the Divine.

I also think it is a mistake to assume humans need centuries to adapt to new circumstances. Look at the way the world has changed in a single lifetime, the lifetime of someone currently in their 80's for instance. I am amazed by my 82 year old neighbors ability to adapt to new ideas and technology, and the ability of the younger generations is even better than hers.

I think control is the issue. Some small number have some measure of control, and they profit from it. Greatly. THEY are the ones worried about their ability to adapt. They have been using the same strategy, divide, instill fear, and conquer for thousands of years and they arent confident they can maintain their edge in a new paradigm. I say let nature take its course, it isnt the masses that cant handle it, it is the few at the top. After all, we down here in the middle and bottom have been a slave race (regardless of our ethnicity or gender) for as long as we have writing to document it. What do WE have to lose?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder about this too, I did hear an interesting argument against it, that when the French released their UFO docs, some Ministers were saying "yes they are real", about as close to a disclosure as you can get, and no-one went crazy. The tabloids had a field day, French folks chatted about it round the water cooler for a couple of days, then everyone forgot about it.

For a while I though probably it will only be the religious people who would get upset, but after the popes astronomer came out and said the aliens are our "Extraterristrial Brothers", I'm not so sure. That seems to allow them to accept it. That said many religious people I've heard still think that any ufo/alien is basically the work of the devil or a demon.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
great write up mike. excellent points.
i'm seeing that several countries/states have thrown all of their info "out their" to their peoples; like france, japan and some others. so far so good as for no break-down of civilization yet.

maybe just the fact that if cnn actually came out and made a huge broadcast day about the event, then i could see something happening. but it seems like this seeping the truth out part is working to a degree.

i think once people eventually warm up to the fact that there IS life on other planets, the hard part will be telling the masses that some are extra-dimensional. that's the part that i think will twist people's head's off.

awesome post mr. mike.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
There has been a lot of discussion on why the discovery of life (especially advanced life forms) or perhaps even contact is being kept secret by the powers that be and why they aren’t disclosing the truth. Why are they hiding it from the public? Well, my take is that any disclosure of life on another planetary body whether primitive or advanced, especially the latter, would have wide ranging ramifications. What will be the short-term and long-term effects of such disclosure on people, institutions, and cultures?

• General panic in vast segments of populations leading to breakdown of law and order. This, of course, would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within societies.

• Profound emotional and intellectual consequences resulting in a sea change in attitudes and human values.

• The fear of disintegration of our society when confronted by a superior one, becoming a ‘slave’ race as a consequence.

• Stock markets crashing around the world due to fear and uncertainty resulting in an economic melt down with across-the-board consequences.

• Far reaching implications on our religious belief systems.

So now you know what you are up against! If you were in a position of authority in the government would you opt for disclosure? Maybe not! At least not yet.

Perhaps graduated disclosure is what is needed and probably already happening. But it would need a paradigm shift and evolutionary change in the human psyche to accept and absorb the reality that we are not alone, but just a miniscule part of the greater whole of universal life in the cosmos.

Today, for most, it is incomprehensible that there could be advanced alien cultures probably billions of years ahead of us spiritually and technologically. How many can accept that? Our thinking is driven by our religious belief systems, that we are the only intelligent species God created in the universe. How can there be others more advanced than us?

That said, let’s consider the positive side of what would happen if there was disclosure resulting in open contact and interaction with technologically and spiritually advanced extra terrestrial cultures. This, needless to say, after we’re ready for it, perhaps a couple hundred years in the future:

• The birth of humanism, a system of thought that rejects religious beliefs and centers on humans and their values, capacities, worth and the welfare of humanity as a whole.

• Graduate into a Type 1 civilization harnessing free, unlimited energy, and utilizing all its forms and manifestations in a positive way for the common good of mankind. There would be no wars of domination for oil, an inefficient and non renewable source of energy. We would finally break out from the energy stranglehold to become a truly planetary civilization.

• Control of weather and radiation for ideal crop management throughout the world. There would be no hunger, no children dying of starvation.

• Join the so called Galactic Federation (If there is such a thing) for the overall progress of mankind on the spiritual and technological planes.

• Reaching out for the stars – the final frontier - with advanced technology that we can only dream of at present.

• The renaissance of the human spirit, graduating to a higher plane of existence.

• Finally, through the doorway to the grandeur of a Type 2 civilization, harnessing the energy of the galaxy in the not too distant future.

But as per Dr Edgar Mitchell: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure.”

Disappointed? Well, that’s the way it is!

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

Who says that would happen. Most people would go right on with their lives and take one day at a time. Just because all the goofballs at the brookings institute way back in the dinosaur days said that would happen doesn't make it so.

You are a master of nothing at least on this argument, using very old previuosly thought out study by some now dead or ancient eggheads to base your theory on.

Thanks for backing the government though, which I'm told is the politically correct thing to do. Thumbs down for you Milkie..toast!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Who says that would happen. Most people would go right on with their lives and take one day at a time. Just because all the goofballs at the brookings institute way back in the dinosaur days said that would happen doesn't make it so.

I agree. I believe that disclosure in and of itself would have no noticeable affect on the day to day routine of humanity in general. Even a mass sighting by thousands wouldn't provide the stimulus needed for a disruption (supposedly 60,000 people witnessed the Fatima phenomena). It would take an incident involving an actual landing and contact with ET (a close encounter of the third kind) with world-wide tv coverage on CNN to have an impact on society.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good thread, Mike. While I find that the possibility of your prognosis acceptable, I find the probability very unlikely.

I have been on this planet for a shade under 6 decades, and I've seen a great deal of change. And I've seen people adapt swiftly to those changes. They might not like some of them, but they adapted to them.

I won't use examples, but we all know that the rate of "change" in the world has increased exponentially. Each single year during the 20th century, our world changed more than it did per century only a few hundred years before. I expect that before this century is half over, we'll be tripling that rate of change.

And adapting to change has always been the strong point of our species. True, change in prehistoric times would have been much slower, taking a century to move a majority of people into a new skill, such as weaving. But it was this basic ability to adapt that has now gotten faster and faster. We humans are mental shapeshifters, thanks to our Great X 10,000 Grandfather.

The fact is, if the aliens don't come to us, we'll soon go looking for them. I expect my great grandchildren to see starships built on the moons of Jupiter. To vacation in the abandoned Lunar mines. And to vote in the elections of The United Worlds Of Sol.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

You defenatelly have a point here but there are some things I have trouble with understanding:

We all know that we live in a sick world nowadays. We are raping the planet that gave birth to us like a maniac. But hey..., who cares ? People don't give a # about eachother, all blinded by materialism. The bigger our car the bigger our status ! I want more, more more ! We live in an illusion called "economics", a licence to kill. I don't think it is supposed to be like this..

A disclore would be a "gods" gift ! There is nothing that can help mankind more ! We would no longer be american, chinese, or russian. We would be one nation .., the people from planet Earth ! But no..., the government thinks its better to hide ET.

And that's what I can't understand !

Here is this advanced society, millions of years ahead of us, discovering life on a tiny blue planet called Earth in a Galaxy far far away. Excited as they are, they decide to travel 30 billion of lightyears to meet us and see if they can give us a hand.

And next they don't show up because George Bush says so. :S"
Sorry ET, not good for economics ! Come back another time"

It just doesn't make sence.

ET doesn't listen to George Bush and ET doesn't travel 30 billion lichtyears to hide and wait for the government to tell him its ok to show up. We are taking about an intelligence millions of years ahead ! If they were here, they would show themselves ! But yet still no ET..

Don't get me wrong, I defenately believe ET exists, but I think the Ufo phenonema is massively overhyped lately which makes people believe there are ET's hiding under every stone.

With what we know so far, life in the Universe is very rare and the odd's of meeting ET in our lifetime are just about as big as winning the lotery 5 times in a row. If there has been a crash in Roswell, we were very lucky..

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Great post Mike!

I would just like to add something here to your OP.

Imagine if they made themselves known with technology and knowledge many hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us. Instantly nobody on the face of this planet would want to work any more. Everyone would want the ET's to do everything for us. After all they have everything figured out. All governments and laws would be useless and the ET's would have to run the show. We would be as you put it, a slave race.

Now I have no doubt they are completely aware of us and always have been here. Why haven't they made themselves known? Because that would defeat the purpose of this life on this planet. On planet earth, we have to earn what we get. If they simply gave everything to us, people wouldn't work for anything they have because they would rely on our new "gods" for everything.

The universe is a big place and doesn't have time for people that think they are entitled to everything without working for it. As soon as we grow up enough technologically, intellectually, and yes even spiritually then and only then will we be able to earn the privilege to meet our "neighbors". Which I figure could be at the end of this century or beginning of next.

Until then, we will continue to get speculative information regarding their existence and perhaps shed some more light onto our own.

My 2 pennies worth.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Fantastic Planet anyone? I do believe the possibility of aliens existing, the problem lies with how violent we are with each other. Either we are waay more technologically primative to them or we are too advanced for their tastes. I'm leaning towards the latter, meaning the ability of splitting an atom and ripping matter apart is a truly frightening display of power. We have the power to destroy this world several times over, what if we figured out a way to chain hydrogen atom splitting and decide to launch a device at Jupiter? Can you say an explosion that could possibly rip the web of dark matter to shreds? We are a dangerous species, we take what we want when we want it and hardly think about the outcome. Heck we posion our own planet purely for profit, that alone should raise the warning flag that says "Yeah not the best type of individuals to take your kids to see". We're slowly learning but its gonna take awhile. And if greed is still a factor then it may never happen.

-Aza

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Thanks for backing the government though, which I'm told is the politically correct thing to do.

Backing the government? Not any more! I'm out of it now.
Neither am I a disinfo agent working as a consultant to/for the government! And I don't indulge in politics whether it's the correct thing to do or otherwise.

The ideas expressed/ put forth are purely mine and don't reflect the policies of the government in any way!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I won't use examples, but we all know that the rate of "change" in the world has increased exponentially. Each single year during the 20th century, our world changed more than it did per century only a few hundred years before. I expect that before this century is half over, we'll be tripling that rate of change.

And adapting to change has always been the strong point of our species.

I agree NGC with your contention that the rate of change has increased exponentially where adaptability to new situations are concerned. But remember, we're talking of a paradigm shift from the way we look at things. I mean contact with ETs seems so far fetched that it would still be firmly stuck in the realms of sci-fi, and perhaps the reason why it would take time to accept that reality.

But yes, it may not take two hundred years for a radical transformational process in the human psyche, probably less. But then can the governments be convinced that this is so for an earlier disclosure? Try convincing THEM!!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think WWIII would prepare us. After all is said and done we would realize that we are not so different after all. Every race, religion, and nation would have lost an equal amount of the same thing and we would realize there are no differences in our religions or ways of thinking after all. Governments would shift and much disclosure would see the light of day.

Im not saying we should go down this route but i think a final, global war is a necessary step in one day achieving unity. We need to see that we all stand to lose something if we dont unify and start seeing eye to eye.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Disclosure is a tricky thing. Would we even know it's face if we saw it? What information would we accept after all of the disinformation we've had to put up with?

I tend not to believe that society would break down. How long can people freak out before they realize that rent is due, and their children need diapers and food, and the lights have to be kept on?

I personally think that disclosure is more about us than anything else. If it was only a matter of some obscure life form existing on another planet they would have told us by now in my opinion. But it isn't. They have been here a long time and they will continue to in some way influence events around the world.

In what capacity have aliens helped humanity? I don't know. It is very hard to speculate in which fields they have helped us...If I were to just wildly speculate, I'd say their best influence was the knowledge of agriculture. I have many reasons to believe this.. But I'm also not an agricultural specialist.

But this is me allowing my scientific mind to intermingle with my imagination. To see the interpretation of the old and more recent records from a more colorful perspective, after all sometimes Occam's Razor can lose it's edge.

Even so, disclosure will be far more strange, fantastic and scary than we can hope to predict. And it's face, will be one that the human race is none too familiar with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join