There has been a lot of discussion on why the discovery of life (especially advanced life forms) or perhaps even contact is being kept secret by the
powers that be and why they aren’t disclosing the truth. Why are they hiding it from the public? Well, my take is that any disclosure of life on
another planetary body whether primitive or advanced, especially the latter, would have wide ranging ramifications. What will be the short-term and
long-term effects of such disclosure on people, institutions, and cultures?
• General panic in vast segments of populations leading to breakdown of law and order. This, of course, would vary profoundly in different cultures
and between groups within societies.
• Profound emotional and intellectual consequences resulting in a sea change in attitudes and human values.
• The fear of disintegration of our society when confronted by a superior one, becoming a ‘slave’ race as a consequence.
• Stock markets crashing around the world due to fear and uncertainty resulting in an economic melt down with across-the-board consequences.
• Far reaching implications on our religious belief systems.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, if free energy is made available through ET technology the energy conglomerates/cartels would stand to lose
trillions of dollars and the enormous influence they have over governments. They will not allow that to happen. There is also the requirement
/necessity of keeping secret very advanced alien technology that can be used for military purposes.
So now you know what you are up against! If you were in a position of authority in the government would you opt for disclosure? Maybe not! At least
Perhaps graduated disclosure is what is needed and probably already happening. But it would need a paradigm shift and evolutionary change in the human
psyche to accept and absorb the reality that we are not alone, but just a miniscule part of the greater whole of universal life in the cosmos.
Today, for most, it is incomprehensible that there could be advanced alien cultures probably billions of years ahead of us spiritually and
technologically. How many can accept that? Our thinking is driven by our religious belief systems, that we are the only intelligent species God
created in the universe. How can there be others more advanced than us?
That said, let’s consider the positive side of what would happen if there was disclosure resulting in open contact and interaction with
technologically and spiritually advanced extra terrestrial cultures. This, needless to say, after we’re ready for it, perhaps a couple hundred years
in the future:
• The birth of humanism
, a system of thought that rejects religious beliefs and centers on humans and their values, capacities, worth and the
welfare of humanity as a whole.
• Graduate into a Type 1 civilization harnessing free, unlimited energy, and utilizing all its forms and manifestations in a positive way for the
common good of mankind. There would be no wars of domination for oil, an inefficient and non renewable source of energy. We would finally break out
from the energy stranglehold to become a truly planetary civilization.
• Control of weather and radiation for ideal crop management throughout the world. There would be no hunger, no children dying of starvation.
• Join the so called Galactic Federation (If there is such a thing) for the overall progress of mankind on the spiritual and technological
• Reaching out for the stars – the final frontier - with advanced technology that we can only dream of at present.
• The renaissance of the human spirit, graduating to a higher plane of existence.
• Finally, through the doorway to the grandeur of a Type 2 civilization, harnessing the energy of the galaxy in the not too distant future.
But as per Dr Edgar Mitchell: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure.”
I think not! The paradigm shift in the human psyche to comprehend, understand and accept would probably take another couple hundred years, maybe more,
as I’ve mentioned earlier. So don’t be under the impression that disclosure by the governments is close at hand. It’s not going to be - at least
not in our lifetimes! We’re not ready yet and more importantly, there’s too much at stake here.
Disappointed? Well, that’s the way it is!
Have a nice day!