It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia calls for ceasefire.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I would like to ask you - what are the chances, in your opinion , of Russian "hidden" ultimatum to change Saakashvili (pro-West) for someone of their own favorites before any cease fire?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Let’s not kid ourselves, shall we.

It will not be over until Russia removes the democratically elected government and installs a "soviet union" style puppet government of Putin's choosing.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

well the leader they have now is obviously a US puppet. he named a major road in the capital city "George w bush avenue" or something.
i guess it is time for a puppet change!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I would like to ask you - what are the chances, in your opinion , of Russian "hidden" ultimatum to change Saakashvili (pro-West) for someone of their own favorites before any cease fire?

Saakashvilli's image in the eyes of Russia and most of the West is ruined. Medvedev has now refused to hold talks with him after Saakashvilli offered to. Saakashvilli has disgraced himself and killed many innocent people - but don't bet on seeing him in Hague - since his master is also the sponsor there.

I say the chances are good that Russia will press on Saakashvilli to leave and for new elections to be held. Alternatively but unlikely Russia could carry out a decapitation strike against the Georgian government, killing Saakashvilli. I can't say I wouldn't support that. The scumbag needs to pay.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at Georgia for pulling this stunt.

"Hey can we have a cease-fire now?"

*Displays dead Russian pilot on TV*

"How about now?"

*Shells Tskhinvali yet again*

"... Or now?"

Get a grip Saakashvili, you awoke the bear from his hibernation, good luck getting him back to sleep.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

i appear to chave come accross quite harshly and for that i apologise - but the story i linked to is actually from today.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Saakashvilli has got to go down in history is the most moronic and unpredictable war leader of the new century.

There should be a bookie taking wagers on what Saakashvilli will do next - kind of like sports bets.

Will he appear on BBC and start singing Georgia's hymn while calling for all expatriate Georgians to wage a holy war on Russia?

Will he announce that he has won the war and is ceasing fire to prevent a complete destruction of the Russian military?

Will he claim that Russian paratroopers are landing in Tbilisi, and Georgian defenders miraculously killed 2,000 Russian spetznaz?

We he announce that Russia is bombing civilian targets and then launch an artillery barrage against evacuating S. Ossetian civilians?

PM me if you want to place a bet.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

He seems to be suffering from post traumatic stress or amnesia, or a combination of the two...

How can you say to someone after shooting down their aircraft and bombing scores of their civilians; "Let's stop now."

It's like sleeping with someone's wife and then suggesting you all live under the same roof now...

This guy is not to be trusted, that's for sure. Above all else, Saakashvili has revealed his true colours to the world, and he cannot be trusted.

reply to post by mrmonsoon

It will not be over until Russia removes the democratically elected government and installs a "soviet union" style puppet government of Putin's choosing.

You mean like Iraq?

Who put the Western puppet Saakashvili on the map to begin with, the same madman indiscriminately bombing civilians and then asking for ceasefires?

If America wants to play "Sock puppets" here and reignite Cold War tensions then Russia is totally justified in installing their own puppet and giving them some of their own medicine.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Saakashvilli's image in the eyes of Russia and most of the West is ruined. Medvedev has now refused to hold talks with him after Saakashvilli offered to. Saakashvilli has disgraced himself and killed many innocent people - but don't bet on seeing him in Hague - since his master is also the sponsor there.

Yes ,Saakashvilli shown himself in rather bad light, as a politician. I personally am yet to trust that there were indeed ethnic cleansing, but shelling a city (and sort of capital) with artillery/rockets is bad enough not to mention the huge mistake in being the first to attack, despite what he partly justifiably ,in my opinion,considered provocations. But don't you think that US cannot give up Saakashvilli due to long term diplomatic issues? I also think that Russian leadership - and as far as i understand it is still Putin or whoever group is behind him and not official Medvedev - will try to put their people, not un-biased and definitely not US guys.
So i think that it will be a long conflict and Russia can also make a mistake and invade what it calls Georgia proper or NATO can make a mistake and land ground troops. Not WW3 , of course ,but a nasty thing still. And there should be winter Olympics in the vicinity.
Cold war slowly heating up again in potential?
Anyway, thank you for your reply.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello!!
From my country there was 12 tourists in Georgia, and one of them was friend of mine,when the mess started. Lucky they werent involved in any crossfire and is safe returning home.
Today I have oportunity to speak whit him,and I asked if he knew or see how it started. He told me, that he had an expresion that no one really know in georgia how its really happend. He said : ''As I asked in military outpost what is going on an oficer said that Russians are attacking.Then I asked why,but he couldnt answer,only ''because of Osetia''!As they were transferd to airport, only thing every one was saying ''Russians are attacking''. He said it was pointless to asked why!
So from my opinion, I really doubt we will ever know who has made the first shot, but I am really sceptic about Russias good attentions in saving ''poor Osetia'''. I do remember the first and the second Cechnya war and then the politics of Russian goverment was whole diferent.
So who will gain the moust of this conflict???I would said Russia-a new zone of influence, an example of West(Nato) response,retailetions time, and moust important destroyed pipeline who didnt run across Russian teritory and of course an simple act of ''Whos in charge in Kaukaz???Whos your daddy!!''

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Finally all the "OMG WW3!?"!!11" idoits can shut the hell up
Its funny how everyone at the drop off a pin thought this was going to explode into a massive fire storm of nukes and bullets ,
I dont think by any means that the diplomatic situation is over however,
Russia being so bold with such a military show-off will still echo all over the world for years to come

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Unconscious, everybody who thinks that this is going to be WWIII, wish it. Many guys here are depressed or desensitized by media that they want something more bloody and chaotic.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
'Georgia sued for peace with Russia yesterday but Moscow showed little sign of ending its military campaign over South Ossetia.

President Saakashvili appealed for international support as he ordered troops to pull out of the region, called an immediate ceasefire and urged Russia to begin talks to end hostilities.

In a televised address to the nation last night, the besieged leader said that the “existence of the Georgian state is under threat”.

Russia continued its offensive in a day of intensifying military action, while Georgia faced the threat of a second front opening up in its other breakaway region of Abkhazia.'

I'm betting on WW3. Who's responsible and who profits? Those who make war machines and weapons. They are the ones who caused this.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bugasman
That's interesting, for me it is what the path seems to be leading to, however we wish it or not. I wish it not, because its awful when people die but these things are beyond our control on this seemingly pre-destined or pre-designed mortal world of ours.

Hopefully the architects of the wars over the last 100 years fail in their quest for whatever results they were hoping to achieve, and that the common man emerges victorious when all is said and done.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I bet this 'ceasefire' is just their way of a sympathy vote. Trying to get the US to help them, or should I say help them and announce it publicaly. What a sad world we live in these days, I say out with GW and in with someone who has some sense of humanitarianism and peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
today on cnn the georgia pres. said georgia would NEVER surrender

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

Agreed, simply making a show of protecting Georgia's interests in the region would serve to give the ruskies second thoughts about back-handing it's illegitimate offspring.

Perhaps GW is afraid of the russians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join