It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How celebrities could take a stand - one woman's mad (?) idea....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I fail to see how getting a bunch of airheaded hollywood celebrities to say they too had been abducted by aliens would help legitimise the cause of UFO research in any way shape or form. Do we want UFO research to be as ridiculed as scientology?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

guess there is a big difference between the 2 subjects
the idea is to promote ufology much more as it is by now

and i don.t think that tom cruise will jump on a sofa for ufology - at least i don.t hope it!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've just come downstairs from watching the film version of the "celestine Prophecy" (quite a good translation of the book ) and am off back upstairs soon to watch Ross's TV show for the 1st time , so I'll keep this brief and write more at length in reply to the latest posts tomorrow...

But it's just a great sensation to feel this idea taking shape amongst everyone here, everyone getting together and giving this idea energy and optimism. It's great when people connect like this, imagine this feeling spreading between tens of thousands of people gathering together for the first event of this kind on the planet !

Yes, I did watch the Olympic opening ceremony, and was really impressed and very moved in some places. By the time the big globe of planet Earth lit up I was actually shedding a few tears ....I'm just a big idealist at heart but then you have to dare to dream or nothing ever changes....
I'm not sure I got the idea from that though, no....not consciously anyway...I'm not exactly sure how the idea came, I just woke up the other morning , went about my morning routine, thinking over some stuff I'd been reading here on ATS and all of a sudden the idea just popped into my head . I could see it, taste it, feel it, as if it was happening and I was there so I just had to write it down.

Glad I did too, the idea is gathering energy now, life ...it's such a buzz to sit here listening to what all of you hope to do , the calls and emails you will make, the feelers you will put out, the ideas you are throwing into the mix

must dash, 2 minutes to Ross's show !

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Cosmicpixie...you go girl! This is a wonderful idea and it really has somewhere special to go...I wish you all the luck in the world with it. Please keep us posted. Shame I can't see Ross's show...sounds very cool. Ignore the people who say what's the point and that will never work....I know it will....sounds like divine inspiration to me.

Cait

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey - I hope you enjoy the programme!

Ross

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Frank Black of 'The Pixies' was really into the subject way back in the 80's. There are a couple of songs that kinda made his position obvious, 'Motorway to Roswell', 'The Happening, there are propably others, but those are the only ones that I can think of.
More recently Mathew Bellamy of 'Muse' is also supposed to be really into this subject. Here are a couple of songs that kinda highlight his fascination 'Time is Running Out' also 'Exo Politics'

Could you imagine a music concert featuring a Pixies re-union, Muse and Robbie, get Bowie involved and you could change the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'VE COPIED AND PASTED THE FOLLOWING FROM A POST LEFT BY INDIGO CHILD ON THE CELEBRITY STARGAZING THREAD, WHERE THIS CONCERT IDEA WAS INITIALLY RAISED BEFORE I CREATED A SEPARATE THREAD TO DISCUSS IT.....sorry for the capitals, just wanted to make this clear .....I had no idea Robbie Williams included a UFO theme in his 2006 tour, I have never been to his gigs or really followed his career, just enjoyed his music whenever it was on the radio (i'm lazy when it comes to buying CD's)....so this is actually quite encouraging :

Concert tour inspired on UFO sightings?

The Close Encounters Tour is Robbie Williams' 2006 worldwide concert tour. It kicked off in Durban's ABSA Stadium on 10 April, and ended in Melbourne on 18 December. The tour was a great success financially, with every date selling out the morning the tickets went on sale. Robbie broke the World Record for selling 1.6 million tickets in a single day of going on sale in November 2005.

The name "Close Encounters" from movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Steven Spielberg) is the Fanfare Let there be light (Intro) including the famous five-note melody Wild Signals. 'This symbol shows, that "we are not alone"', Robbie said before the tour. The show is a little "Space-show".

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Pressed for time again, I've been on here every night for days and got to give the boyf some attention ! I enjoyed the show Ross, as did my partner, will be making it regular viewing for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

There, the link to the wiki source:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I applaud your enthusiasm, I really do.

But as has been explained, Rob's last tour had an alien theme. How many of the millions of people who saw that tour do you think went away thinking "Wow, that stage setting really has given me cause for thought - I must immediately investigate everything to do with extra terrestrial life forms that I can lay my hands on!"?

My guess would be none. It was a very impressive set, and at the very beginning, before he appeared on stage, it WAS all very "Close Encounters" in every sense - but the minute he appeared any related thoughts anybody might have been having went completely out of people's heads.

I can't speak for Robbie, but I wonder why exactly he is reluctant to go on TV with his thoughts and theories on this subject? The guy is on a break from being a popstar, but when he did the radio interview with Mark Ronson he was gently teased by the media at best, and roundly battered by the lower echelons.

And if you're planning on staging this event in the US, the only people coming to see Robbie will be Robbie's fans, and they will only see what they want to see, and open their minds to what they want to be exposed to - Robbie. I know that's a terrible generalisation, but he is just not that big of a deal in the States, which, as I understand it, is just the way he likes it. Robbie might be doing his bit quietly, but that suits him, and at the end of the day he's helping all he can just by publically being here. Let that be enough.

I know your motives are pure, and I hope you succeed. But like a previous poster, I think you need to be looking for more credible speakers/performers than Robbie Williams; that's not me being harsh, because I love the guy to bits, it's just me saying don't put him under pressure to do something he's not comfortable with yet - and do yourselves a favour by finding other, better informed entertainers who will have the courage of their convictions and get that message across.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Glad you enjoyed the show Cosmic - a lot of people seem to be watching it and it's getting some good reports! If you feel charitable you can help us show the TV station that you like it by posting something on their forum at www.edgemediatv.com...

Cheers!
Ross

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
maybe there are more celebs who are willing to be a part of that?
none knows, often it just need to ask to get answers
a try is a try
CBx

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Hi Lordthumbs,
some great ideas there. Yes, I would love to one day put a book together about ADC's with people who have committed suicide, it's a subject close to my heart and I've myself had quite a few "contacts" from a loved one who has passed but this is not a regular part of my life, ie I am not a "medium".

I have never done any channelling myself either, and have only delved into the subject a little. I don't doubt SOME people have this kind of connection but it's very difficult to work out who is genuine and who is basically off their trolley you know. When it comes to people claiming to receive messages from zeta reticulae or Master Zed from the Orion Nebulae I kind of feel dubious personally. It's a very suspect area if you ask me, so many tricksters... and I would hope that no-one claiming to be able to do that kind of thing would be offered to take part in the event. Nor people who take the stage trying to lead everyone in the arena into a mass meditation to "summon" ufo's...it's all a hazy area , the event must focus on the centre of the issue, not the fringe elements

But if you have faith and trust in these people you know, then yes, why not ask them to try that out "behind the scenes". I certainly think it viable to connect in with the spirit world , ie with loved ones who have crossed over, ones spiritual guardians if anyone here feels a connection to one. And if one of those people truly feels and believes they have some connection with a being from another planet, well let them get on with it I say. It's not something I can relate to but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

I am interested in "cosmic ordering" though - though I prefer to call it "positive intent". The power of the mind is tremendously underrated by so many people still. I am just going to stay positive about this whole idea...basically if it is meant to happen then it will...you plant a seed an it either grows or it doesn't grow

The festival idea is great - it would be fab to run it over a few days , yes. Again I remain philosophical here, what is meant to be will be....

Not too sure of the comedian idea though myself, if there are musicians doing songs/stage sets related to the UFO phenomena I think that in itself is maybe enough to lighten the vibe ?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Cosmic ordering does work, I have used it successfully many times, but one has to be careful and precise on how it's done. For instance is you just ask for money, you may get it through a close relative dying and leaving that money to you. Also, you must make sure your "order" does not adversly affect others.

So on an event such as you want to plan, you need to think it through very carefully before asking the universe to assist you.

Remember we are all part of the one, and as such for every action there is a consequence.

Ross

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
Cosmic ordering does work, I have used it successfully many times, but one has to be careful and precise on how it's done. For instance is you just ask for money, you may get it through a close relative dying and leaving that money to you. Also, you must make sure your "order" does not adversly affect others.

So on an event such as you want to plan, you need to think it through very carefully before asking the universe to assist you.

Remember we are all part of the one, and as such for every action there is a consequence.

Ross

Yes, I absolutley agree.

Cosmic ordering is not that unlike spellcasting either - intent must be specific and as altruistic as possible else things can backfire.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
SONGS ABOUT UFO'S....

i just came across a thread on BTS, someone has started off a list of songs about ufo's and aliens, with links to videos and artists etc....quite a long list is coming together. I'm posting the link below as it fits in with what we are talking about here.

Songs About Ufo's

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ross - just a thought :
do you have any contacts with the editors of any ufo magazines...or know anyone who does....just wondering if it was worth trying to get some little piece in a few publications, raising the idea that this thread has put forth. You never know who might be reading...
What do you think?
If and when you raise the idea on your radio/tv show, could you let us all know when that will happen so we can tune in to listen ?
And could you let us know if anyone does become interested in participating, no names need be mentioned but it would be great to hear of any progress that begins to happen "behind the scenes"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join