It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How celebrities could take a stand - one woman's mad (?) idea....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Following on from a recent, popular thread which has been discussing how celebrity admissions regards UFO sightings may help or hinder the whole UFO debate in the public eye, I thought I’d begin a new thread which concentrates on the positive aspects of a celebrity coming forward publicly to discuss their personal sighting and/or raise awareness of the whole subject area in general.

Specifically, this thread is aimed at discussing how celebrities who have a real interest in the phenomena could take a stand .

Robbie Williams is not the first celebrity to come forward about a personal UFO experience and likely won’t be the last. If only 1% of his fans have gained an interest in the UFO phenomena because of this, then that’s still a heck of a lot of new people who have had their minds opened to a degree that they go forward to research things themselves.

I have an idea that I am going to throw into the mix here. You can all have a good laugh about it and call me nuts, because yes it is rather off the wall BUT try and have a bit of imagination here and consider the positive repercussions that could come out of it. If there are any celebs reading this then please pause for thought after you have read it ….

A lot of entertainers out there will have likely had a personal UFO experience. Some may be very willing to make this public if an appropriate occasion arose. Out of these people, some will perhaps have a very serious interest in the subject and actively research things. Wouldn’t it be great if a group of them would consider all coming together to draw attention to the issue, given that the issue is perhaps the biggest “conspiracy” in the world today for those of us who take it all seriously .

How about a musical event on a grand scale where performers come together in a kind of “musical UFO conference”. Each performer could do covers of songs that in some way relate to the phenomena. The stage could be set up with some appropriately themed backdrop, dancers in costumes could take part, and the songs could be interspersed with video messages from various celebs across the globe talking about their own experiences, and/or include stand up presentations from credible researchers in the field. Programmes could be freely handed out, to include mention of recommended websites, literature and media that would help people get acquainted with the subject area, and perhaps provide guidance with regard to how to report ones own sightings, set up UFO watch groups in their home town, include a petition to lobby the governments for greater disclosure, etc etc.

A lot of entertainers out there will have likely had a personal UFO experience. Some may be very willing to make this public if an appropriate occasion arose. Out of these people, some will perhaps have a very serious interest in the subject and actively research things. Wouldn’t it be great if a group of them would consider all coming together to draw attention to the issue, given that the issue is perhaps the biggest “conspiracy” in the world today for those of us who take it all seriously .

How about a musical event on a grand scale where performers come together in a kind of “musical UFO conference”. Each performer could do covers of songs that in some way relate to the phenomena. The stage could be set up with some appropriately themed backdrop, dancers in costumes could take part, and the songs could be interspersed with video messages from various celebs across the globe talking about their own experiences, and/or include stand up presentations from credible researchers in the field. Programmes could be freely handed out, mentioning of recommended websites, literature and media that would help people get acquainted with the subject area, and perhaps provide guidance with regard to how to report ones own sightings, set up UFO watch groups in their home town, include a petition to lobby the governments for greater disclosure, etc

continued...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In addition, someone with enough cash could fund the set up of a new website devoted to live global media streaming of UFO sightings caught on camcorder ….a global live chat network of sorts to alert people to UFO sightings taking place in real time so that other members on the site living in that same city or state can instantly be alerted to the sighting and attempt to track it themselves. There is nothing like this on the internet at present and I’ve seen several members mention how great this would be. There is more weight given to simultaneous sightings and this would be a way forward to helping mass sightings to be made possible more frequently. It all helps the cause….

An event such as I have suggested (preferable televised globally) would be one which the world has never seen before - unprecedented. It would be talked about for decades to come. The media coverage it would generate would be phenomenal. Sure, there would be the expected mockery, flack and derision but at the same time the UFO issue would be given a massive, worldwide coverage in media outlets of every description, across the globe, simultaneously. It would trigger off a wave of new publicity for the subject and open a tremendous amounts of minds previously closed or indifferent.

I’m sure Robbie William’s story has inspired a lot of his fans to look into the subject. Consider the potential impact of an event on this scale. And with so many celebs joining together to raise awareness of the issue, they form a mutual support network for one another when it comes to “dealing with the media flack”. Maybe by joining together in this way, what they have to say might actually be taken a tad more seriously . There is usually more safety in numbers and a bigger impact when several people come together to talk about the same thing. As for the negative press, wel there’s always some of that no matter what a celebrity does. If it’s not about one thing, it’s another. At least this time it’s for a good cause.

Celebrities , given the massive audience they can reach as a result of them being so well known, have opportunities to make a difference sometimes. A global UFO conference could help move things up a level in terms of exposure about the subject and perhaps go some way towards encouraging more DISCLOSURE.

The world does not change nor the truth out itself without people taking a stand for what they believe in. No-one is in better position to get things talked about than someone with an audience of millions. Put a group of such people together on a grand scale and it will create a tsunami of interest potentially, rather than a few quiet waves.

Now try to have some vision people before accusing me of being insane...you have to get innovative sometimes !

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i repeated the post by accident so am deleteing the duplicate....apologies

[edit on 10/8/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Robbie actually said at this year's UFO Congress that he would consider trying to help promote the event to a younger audience I next year, and I hope he decides to do just that.

This is a brave thread and maybe it will invite other celebs who we know frequent ATS, to come forward and help us get the message out there.

I am willing to state here and now that any celeb who wants to come on my Saturday night TV show and discuss strange phenomena will have an open invitation.

Ross Hemsworth
Now THAT'S Weird TV
Edge Media Television (Sky Channel 211)

[edit on 10-8-2008 by nomadrush]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Did he really ? I had no idea about that. It would be bloody fantastic. I was thinking that a 2nd way to do it would be to make the event an all dayer...put the music on before and after the middle section which would be a meaty conference inviting the worlds leading researchers to talk about it and the more credible witnesses to take the stand and discuss their experiences too. Televise the thing across the world and make it a free event.

They have the money to do this and the power to make it happen. This whole subject area needs to be blasted into global orbit in the name of finding answers and revealing the truth of what is going on.

Thanks for the support, I am expecting alot of laughter about my idea but I really do see something like this being needed now. It's overdue.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
such a great Idea, I would deff come over to see

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Pixie...I've just seen this and am a little bowled over running it through in my head....it sounds just brillliant...I wonder if anyone will pick up on it...? Alll it needs is a suggestion, for someone to bravely put the idea out there and we will see what happens....I have my fingers crossed!

Cait

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hiya

The UFO Congress is a week long event in Laughlin in Nevada, and is attended by between 600 & 900 people every year.

All a celeb like Robbie would need to do, is talk about it say "he might be going" to get people there, however if he offered to play a small acoustic set on one of the seven nights for event ticket holders only, I think he would draw an amazing new audience to see what goes on at a conference like this.

However to stop people just attending the concert, they would have to get their tickets stamped to say that they had attended a minimum agreed number of presentations first! This way they HAVE to sit and listen to the speakers to get to see Robbie. (That's of course, if Rob would agree to such a thing).

It's just another (mad?) idea I guess!

Ross

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Great idea! But I think they would need more than 900 tickets....

Of how about an outdoor event...the *might* become a contact event...I dunno...it could be fun! What would happen, I wonder if there were a couple of thousand people there all open to contact, or even just seeing ufos....nothing might happen, or maybe something would, and there would be ample opportunity to film it and have thousands of witnesses. I vote it should be held in Scotland!

Cait

[edit on 10-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

It's a great idea. Maybe there are other celebs who might consider doing something similar at a local conference. It would definately ensure more ticket sales and hoopefully then bring more into the fold of UFO study.

I've never been to a conference before, most seem to take place miles from where I live, often abroad it seems. I just think it would be amazing to have the first "global" ufo conference , which would mean televising it. And so to generate high viewing figures making it a ufo-themed musical extravaganza at the same time would be the ideal way forward. I'm thinking on the scale of that Hawaii concert Elvis had telvised around the globe "way back when". That way practically the whole world has the chance to attend the conference if they own a TV. Imagine that, it blows my mind away just thinking about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

You misunderstand - they normally sell around 900 tickets, but as Rob pointed out when he attended this year, there were very few people under 35 there. The whole idea of this is to at least treble the size the audience for next years event by attracting the younger people as well as more in their 30's along.

Ross

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yup, that's what I'm saying...hopefully they would sell loads more than just 900. Why do you think most of the attendees were over 35 though? Does it really matter? Of course we should get younger people involved, but actually, I'm quite surprised that their numbers weren't larger anyway...I would have thought this kind of subject would have interested many more people in a younger section of society. Just a thought.

Cait

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't now the answer to that. Rob interviewed me for his BBC documentary on that very issue. I personally feel that because we are taught at school that it's wrong to believe in this stuff, many of us are afraid to come forward with our stories and beliefs until we are at least in our 30's.

Ross

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Does Robbie Williams appeal to a younger generation?

I assumed the majority of his 'fans' were women in their 30's and 40's.

Looking around his fansite that is what I had gathered.

They discuss ATS on there too lol

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient1
Does Robbie Williams appeal to a younger generation?

I assumed the majority of his 'fans' were women in their 30's and 40's.

Looking around his fansite that is what I had gathered.

They discuss ATS on there too lol

This is interesting and you may be right - but he certainly has the appeal to get to a wider audience for the subject matter! That's IF he wants to help.

Ross

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I may have missed it, but I'm not sure anyone mentioned Dan Akroyd yet. I'd see if Steven Spielberg would be interested as well.

Just two that popped into my mind......

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

This is just a personal view, from years of observing people who are at some stage of spiritual awakening, including my own, and how it affects them. Maybe the whole alien/ufo/et thing will be proven at some stage to be a hard case of science, with no spiritual overtones at all...purely biology...but somehow I don't think so.

You're quite right when you say that a lot of people don't find their voice till a little later in life, but in my experience, that's when people start to awaken spiritually too. Usually around 30, maybe a little later, but spiritually advanced people younger thatn this are quite rare. And I don't mean sensitive, I mean advanced...awakened...knowing what to do with it.The UFO thing is very spiritual for many people...so maybe it's not so generational, as simply a matter of age, and the same pattern of later interest will surface in every generation.

Just a thought...

How about Bonnybridge? In Scotland? UFO hotspot, and very pretty. And in Scotland?

Cait

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

good recommendations but not something I can personally act on. I am just throwing the idea for this event out into the ether here, it's only going to stand a chance of happening if a celebrity reading the idea resonates with it themself then makes a decision to get the balls in motion and make phone calls to the types of people you have suggested. I don't know who else in the celebrity world of entertainers stops by ATS apart from Robbie Williams but am just hoping someone will give the idea some proper thought because it really would be something HUGE .

As for the generation thing, well with an event on a global scale you could pull in all types of age groups, not just the 30+ group. I myself got interested in it all back in my late teens so there is always the potential for the younger lot to listen too. Many youngsters don't watch the news, read the papers or venture into bookstores so don't get much exposure to the UFO subject much unless watching some sci-fi film. An event like I propose would be something they may relate to better, so attend/watch on the tv.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by weedwhacker

good recommendations but not something I can personally act on. I am just throwing the idea for this event out into the ether here, it's only going to stand a chance of happening if a celebrity reading the idea resonates with it themself then makes a decision to get the balls in motion and make phone calls to the types of people you have suggested. I don't know who else in the celebrity world of entertainers stops by ATS apart from Robbie Williams but am just hoping someone will give the idea some proper thought because it really would be something HUGE .

As for the generation thing, well with an event on a global scale you could pull in all types of age groups, not just the 30+ group. I myself got interested in it all back in my late teens so there is always the potential for the younger lot to listen too. Many youngsters don't watch the news, read the papers or venture into bookstores so don't get much exposure to the UFO subject much unless watching some si-fi film. An event like I propose would be something they may relate to better, so attend/watch on the tv.

good call,

power of suggestion, creating our own realities and all that who knows where this could go.......... ................ ............................. an interesting thread interesting to see what transpires...........

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree. We know that Rob is not the only celeb who frequents ATS so maybe this thread will encourage others to "come out" and help!

Well done for starting the thread.

Ross

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join