It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest news on the Belgian wave and the Petit-Rechain picture

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retro~Burn
I have considered the possibility that the aforementioned "jamming" may have been an inadvertent/natural effect of whatever propulsion system the craft empoyed. However it seems the jamming is only mentioned after the craft broke the F-16s "lock-ons" several times.

I'm replying a long time after this...
Well, the fact this happens at lock break would not dismiss the possibility that it is an artefact/side effect of whatever propulsion means. In fact, it could as well be the proof of it too!

Also, where ECM seems to fail as far as I'm aware, is because many of radar observations & recordings were coupled with ground observations from people's eyes... I doubt that ECM can also cast a holographic picture that matches the effects that it produces on radars.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

great. did they make the enhanced photo available so we could see this vortex ourselves?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

If you had only taken the time to click the link to the article, you wouldn't have to ask this question. You would know already that the answer is "yes".

Sorry to be that sarcastic, but you deserve it.

[Edit]
I feel in a generous mood. Here it is again, as posted in this post.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
GREAT thread S&F! Thanks for all the effort that you put into getting the information together. This is the kind of thread that keeps the skeptics cowering under the porch like frightened dogs. Very difficult to throw much mud when that kind of analysis has been done.

I think it is probably extra-terrestrial but there is always the outside possibility it is military. There is the theory that the energy field that powers such craft and allows that kind of acceleration also excludes the occupants and the craft itself from being subject to normal G forces.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello there and thank you to all who have taken an interest in this fascinating and still unexplained case.

I got a link to this website over the course of my own investigations, so I thought this would be the best place to post the results of my own efforts. I have studied the various circumstances surrounding this case in glaring detail. What is such a shock about this particular case is the willingness of the Belgian Armed Forces to share information to the public. If only the United States military was nearly as accommodating, my life would certainly be much easier.

What sets this UFO case apart from the norm is the fact that a radar signature was indeed reported by the Belgian surveillance net, and 2 well trained fighter pilots got a first hand account of the craft.

I will recount what I have learned from the Ebsco Host and Lexis Academic databases which are based upon interviews from members of the Belgian Military. For the purposes of this discussion, I will limit my scope to the actions of the military since they are the most accountable and keep far more precise records.

Aprox 10-17 min after the initial civilian reports on March 30th, The CRC surveillance net (which monitors Belgian airspace from potential threats) reported that an unidentified aircraft was in violation of international law by compromising military airspace. The craft did not respond to transponder "squack" and it was not categorized by IFF (Identify Friend/Foe) receivers.

Fearing possible attack, The commanding officer of Beauvechain Air Base ordered two F-16 to be scrambled to intercept. Within 7 min, the two planes were airborne and quickly accelerated to supersonic in an effort to close on their target. The resulting sonic booms over largely civilian areas only added to the already growing speculation among the population.

After closing to within 5 miles of the target, the next ensuing hour amounted to a "dog fight" of other worldly and unprecedented proportions. Both combat pilots had logged well over 2000 hours of flight time in that particular tactical aircraft, and were still scarcely able to explain the maneuverability and acceleration of their target.

At long last, Fighter A, who was flying using a typical 2x2 (wingman) attack formation reported back to Beauvechain Air Base that he had a weapons lock on the target and requested permission to fire. Permission was granted to engage, and the pilot removed the firing trigger from his heat seekers. Only mere seconds before the pilot was to announce "Fox 2" (denoting weapons release), the target dropped dramatically in altitude negating the radar lock. Researchers would later speculate that the craft had to be under intelligent control as it was anticipating the fighter was about to fire.

At this point the two pilots announced that they were switching to sidewinders and their MG61 Gatling cannon as they were more appropriate at closer range, but were still unable to get off a shot or achieve a firing solution.

Unable to keep up with the obviously far more technologically advanced aircraft, and running dramatically low on fuel, the two fighters broke contact at 0400 Zulu time 5 miles off the coast of The Netherlands and returned to base.

The rest, as they say, is history.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by thelost]

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is the best case of sighting imo
in germany not too many people know about it
pretty strange isnt it?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thelost

Hi!

Small correction: "Fox 2" means "Release of infrared, heat seeking missile" which a Sidewinder is.

edit on 5-6-2011 by HAL9001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think that this incident is incredibly important - in the same category as Tehran or the Peruvian Air Force (Oscar Huerta) encounter. The available data is staggering and there's so much evidence that debunkers really struggle to pick holes in it. For one reason or another though, these cases aren't as well known as they really should be and are more content to debate for hours over cases like Rendlesham or whatever which have much shakier grounds. Cases like these are what first got me really interested in the subject and taught me that there is some solid, tangible evidence for the existence of these machines, yet for some reason these cases fly under the radar a bit. It's baffling.

I see a lot of people wave this off with a post such as "It's the TR3-B" or something similar. What I like about this case is that two of the most plausible explanations are i) it's ET and ii) it's military black project, yet the latter takes a real stretch of the imagination - obviously, we can only really study this hypothesis in depth anyway and it proves nothing, but the more I look at the case, the more I feel that the black project hypothesis is implausible. I'm almost 100 % certain that the Belgians wouldn't have a craft like this - that's further compounded by the fact that, if they did, they wouldn't scramble an intercept and prepare to fire on it. So that means it must belong to another country with the US being the prime suspects.

The question is, why would the US fly a black project over civilian areas in a foreign country? That goes against pretty much all military behaviour surrounding these types of craft. We have to assume that the Belgians weren't notified about this either, seeing as the F16s were sent after it - so it begs the question: why risk having your super secret black project shot down or crash in a foreign, allied country? Not only would this be seen as an act of aggresion, but the sheer level of technology would cause a bit of a storm, not to mention an International Relations crisis - obviously, the Belgians would want to know why the US is terrorising its civilians and doing whatever it feels like in their airspace, as well as holding back incredible technology which could benefit the world. Also, I wonder why they wouldn't equip the craft with stealth technology, since by that point, the US had it and by not using it, the Belgians get a lot of valuable flight characteristic data from the radar traces. The theory about pushing the Russians is interesting, but at the same time the location doesn't seem like a particularly logical choice - surely it'd be easier to do it in your own country to the same effect without risking your shiny new toy getting shot down or malfunctioning on foreign soil.

Either way, I'll be on the look out for new information on this. I love this case, there's so little conflicting evidence and it pretty much completely checks out. Thanks to the OP for posting the thread - this case needs more exposure.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
thanks for posting !

the performance of the object seems to indicate it's a probe of sorts in my mind. We have no way of knowing what kind of G's an ET could handle, of course, but it also makes sense to send in the probe before you send real pilots in anyway, and depending on the mission, you don't need real pilots in the first place

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is anyone still following this case?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
can i see a picture of the ailen it self?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Retro~Burn

I guess this case is too hard for the debunkers to handle so they are still scratching their heads.

Let me play devil's advocate for a minute and state maybe this was a secret US/British test of its most recent aerial technology. They picked a foreign country to perform the operation because it would seem too improbable to any researcher looking at this case to define why such a place to do it, in the first place. In other words. make it seem impossible enough to blame the US and then the alien hypothesis is strengthened.

In regards to the object accelerating at up to approx. 46g, maybe there was no human pilot on board. Maybe it was remotely controlled from space? From a satellite? Or maybe from some local base station. Who knows. There are so many logical theories, we would run out of space thinking of the possibilities.

I think the terrestrial theory is strengthened because this object wanted to be seen. It wanted attention and wanted the Belgium pilots to attack it...to test their evasiveness and response??? Maybe. This was probably a fire drill of great magnitude and heightened brazenness. Done in such a manner to eliminate real-life scenarios.

This actually matches and seems eerily similar to the Peruvian case with pilot Oscar Huertas firing on an unknown which performed similar evasive techniques as the Belgium object did.

I think this story needs a more in-depth study from fellow ATSers.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It is indeed an excellent case- multiple sightings, witnesses, hard data etc.

My argument against it being a 'black' project test would be that, you would expect a test of a fantastical advanced technology to be tested away from prying eyes and somewhere you could control the enviroment- somewhere like oooo, I dont know, lets say the Nevada test range- In this case, far from quietly testing their technology, they whipped up a huge media storm (so even if it was a test attempt it was a major failure) by floating at low level over population centres before tearing off at unheard of speeds, alerting the local airforces and provoking a 'scramble' of jet interceptors which they then blew off with very non-conventional performance characteristics. No, I dont believe any black project pilot went to his commanding officer and said 'you know the super, super secret aircraft we have- can I go and hover over Belgium in it again? I know we stirred up a couple of F16's last time, but they never got a lock on me- can we, can we, can we? Well, Goose, ok, but make sure you pull a few of those 0-5000 mph in 1 second starts if you get into trouble- you know how the press loves that"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is my favorite case, one that I consider interesting. I do not consider Roswell interesting nor valid.
But Belgian Wave and Iran's Case yes.

Unfortunately the picture that was taken, the photographer finally came out and said it was a hoax and how he made the picture.

Here is a couple articles on the Hoax picture
www.ibtimes.com... tm

www.ibtimes.com... tm

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This was, reportedly, filmed over Hagen Germany in 1980, very similar to the Belgian sightings.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Really? I heard there were two photos taken. The 1st one was deemed valid and real and the 2nd was by someone else and deemed hoax.

Which one are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

Really? I heard there were two photos taken. The 1st one was deemed valid and real and the 2nd was by someone else and deemed hoax.

Which one are you talking about?

I gave some links in my post above, but there was only one picture, The photographer even described that he put the model on a string and spun it to give it a effect.

Here is another post
badufos.blogspot.com...
and an article before the confession about the Belgian Wave
www.skepticreport.com...

The Belgian Wave is one of my favorite cases and I was disappointed myself when I found out.

Unfortunately, the more I read the more I find no proof in Any UFO cases,

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The Belgian Wave is one of my favorite cases and I was disappointed myself when I found out.

The fake picture makes no difference to the actual events that happened over Belgium between 1989 to 1990 , hundreds of witnesses including police officers and air force pilots saw and recorded on radar anomalous objects in the sky regardless of that picture

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just to clarify with this case:

FAKE:

GENUINE:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The fake picture makes no difference to the actual events that happened over Belgium between 1989 to 1990 , hundreds of witnesses including police officers and air force pilots saw and recorded on radar anomalous objects in the sky regardless of that picture

I hear you, I've read as much as I could get on this case. I rarely get interested in UFO cases because most are not fascinating enough to even peak my interest, but this case and the Iran UFO case we have some military documentation but still this documentation is not enough. The UFO phenomenon has always been from a witness stand point and nothing more. It's hard to convince others who have not seen it with out more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join