It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWJD(What Would JesterMan Do?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Greetings everyone. Lately, it seems to me that there are a ton of threads about proving the existance of a god, or I am athiest so I am super cool.
Why is it that no one can ever seem to get along anymore?

In this day and age, with all the hate, violence, poverty, and sickness, why aren't more people reaching out to those in need instead of just satisfying their personal desire to Burn
someone on the internet.

I prepose a challange for all members of ATS that actually read this.
Instead of joining in on the next "My God can beat up your God" debate, how about we devote that time to sharing with someone, helping a person in need or just plain carring for somebody close to you.

You know, I live in a really small town. I grew up in a big city and my view of small towns was one where everyone knew each other and was friendly.
Well just the other day, I was visiting a buddy of mine and we were just sitting on his front porch, drinking some beer, playing our guitars and singing songs. An older couple was out walking their dog and passed in front of his house, we stopped playing for just a minute, waved to them and said, "hello". Just a simple friendly hello. This couple looked at us like we were about to blow something up! They were honestly scared to death when we greeted them, so much that they turned and walked away so fast that you would have swore that they were running. I hope I am not the only one here that thinks this is sad.

This is my point folks. The world today is full of people that are scared for one reason or the other. The media has done such an excellent job in creating this fear. IT IS UP TO US, to change this world for the better. Every little bit of effort will do wonders.

So, in conclusion (I know it has been a long read, sorry) I say that we put aside our differences and start to work together to make this world the place it once was. Smile at a stranger, or say hi. Give someone in line ahead of you at the store that extra penny in your pocket that will give them exact change. Tell your family members you love them. Call up an old friend. Do one thing every day that has a positive affect on someone else's life. It is my theory that together, one random act of kindness everyday from each of us will save this planet.

Won't you join me??

Peace, Love, and Laughter.

JesterMan

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi Jesterman! Have you ever thought about Dentistry? All that work to leave a smiling skull. Have a great day.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well I guess I really am fighting a loosing battle here.
So nevermind then. Go ahead and continue to hate each other. Blow up the whole world. It seems to me that no one really cares anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can see where you are coming from, but perhaps you took a wrong turn somewhere back there. Maybe you should consider God the creator to lead you down the right path. Best of Luck to you.

Regards,

-map

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by human8

Why dentistry? Does he need a brighter smile? Don't worry, be Happy.

It's always 4:20 somewhere.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

new topics

top topics

join