It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky went dark for about 6 seconds..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i guess it cant be cloud couse he says the sky went pitch black..cmon that aint no cloud!
maybe the holografic projection screwed xD

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You may be interested in the information contained within this thread of mine - Midnight at Noon: www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=294205

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hello, I've never seen this site before today and I should probably make it clear that this is not my type of thing - conspiracy theories and all. I don't believe in UFOs and I generally believe that governments are not holding back any kind of secret world bar terrorism threats to society.

The reason I signed up is this...
Me and my partner where on Holiday in Egypt recently and one of these blackout moments happened around 9 to 11am Egypt time on 10th March 2009. I was on a sun lounger and he was stood near some railings watching a game of boules. I had my eyes closed but it was a perfectly clear day so I was well aware of the sun beating down; there was a sudden blackness as if it had turned to the pitch black of night then back to day within a second. I sat up quickly wondering what on Earth happened and quickly realised how stupid this seemed and I must have blanked out or something then I noticed my partner was looking as surprised as me. We both saw everything go from the brilliant light of day to the darkest dark in just a second. We looked around trying to figure out what it could possibly be, pondered planes, clouds, eclipse (not my suggestion!) but none of those would block 100% of the sunlight for such a short time and with my partner looking outwards towards the direction of the horizon he would have noticed some darkness moving like that.

The best way to describe it is to say it was like the sun blinked.

What made this annoying is that no-one else seemed to be particularly perturbed by this but you can't really go on that as most people ignore most things.

So there you go, my weird event summed up. A possible realistic explanation would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

Thats a very interesting experience.

Last year I'm, thinkin in august, I was waiting at a traffic light and I saw a shadow pass over the houses in the distance.
I was looking across an empty field towards the houses in the distance.
It was a typicaly bright central california summer morning, bright and absolutley cloudless.
As I waited for the light to change this shadow passed from east to west at a fairly rapid pace.
I could see it pass across the empty field and across the to roofs of the houses about 2/3 of a mile away and the edje of the shadow was about a 1/4 mile away
I wpould say it was about mile across.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Axzion

not sure what the time difference would be between you and me..I live in United States Georgia. But I posted a similiar reply to this in another thread that was talking about they're area going dark like an eclipse. Last night at about 3:30 am to 4:00am..my 18 month old woke up screaming, like terror screaming (she never does that..it fact she has slept through the night since we brought her home, and this is only the second time she has ever woken up..at all) so I jumped up, and made a bolt for her room to see what in the world was wrong..and...had to stop... I couldn't see anything..at all, my room was pitch black! now, two things. One we always leave the kitchen light on down stairs, we have an open house plan, so if the kitchen light is on, the light actually travels enough through the house that it leaves enough light upstairs to at least make it to the bathroom without having to turn on any big lights. well, it was off. Second..we live in a community (by community I mean, in Ga we have house communities, the houses are literally almost next to each other, and everyones yard interconnects. so our streest are really close to each others streets...which all have street lights, which we can see a peek of through our blinds..well, no lights coming in through the blinds...none even peeking through. So I turned a hallway light on and got to her bedroom. Now, her bedroom faces one of the streets, and smack dab in front of our house, is a street light, we always curse the street light because the damn thing is so bright I can't even put up christmas lights. however, we now like our streetlight because with the baby's blinds closed it acts as a nice nightlight for her. That streetlight has never ever been out in the 9 years that I've lived here..and it was off. not only that..but when I looked out her window to see..I couldn't, I couldn't even see the pole of the street lamp, I couldn't see anything, no stars, no moon, no twilight (which in Ga..I should have been seeing at about this time) there was nothing, it was just black, dark, thick black. I got a bit spooked, and brought her into bed with me and my husband, he woke up from all the commotion, and turned around and asked "Why is it so damn dark in here?"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
im happy I cam eup on this post.

I was 5-6 years old when this happened in my hometown of Sorel, QC, Canada. It was a hot summer day, clear blue skies, I was playing outside with my younger brother.

Then, I decided to look up at the sky, only to find that it had instantly tured pitch black, not dark with stars, but BLACK, nothing, the void.

I think all of this did last around 6 seconds as well.

After this episode, believe it or not, it poured rain without one single cloud in the sky. My brother was a witness to the raining, but not to the black sky, I am the only one that saw this. My mother, nor my brother saw this.

odd aint it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You have to know that this would not be "some sort of eclipse" whatever that is.

A friend of mine told me that when she lived in New York, this happened one afternoon when family was at church and she was home alone. She was a teen and this frightened her. She too described it as black dark. She said that later the media blamed it on the forest fires in Canada.

With so many witnesses, what will be the excuse this time?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Look at this site.
Scroll about half way down.
On the left you will see "Orca"
There are 3 parts to it - check them out and see if this could be an explanation.

Orca

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Axzion

alright..well let me just informed you guys that i live in the carson california in the united states

okay it was approximately 4:02am(50min ago) when i witness the weirdest thing i have ever seen in my life..

i get back from a party, take a shower and go to bed,like any other ordinary night.. when i was falling asleep i happen to notice a noise from the out side..

suspecting it was something that require my attention i look up to see what it was..
it was nothing..just a car who pulled up next door to my house stalling his car for a few moments...

as the car leaves i couldn't help but to look outside again, as i couldnt concentrate on going back to sleep.... i look around from my window for a while, just looking at nothing, when it happen...

OUT OF NO WHERE!!THE WHOLE #EN SKY TURN A BRIGHT GREEN/BLUE COLOR that FILLED THE WHOLE #EN SKY!!! i dont know how to describe it, only as if some one was taking a picture, but of the whole world!! it was that big...it was so bright that it lighted the whole area of the sight of my neighborhood with light. it only happen for about...
give a take 1 sec. when it flash, but it so happened that another flash of light happen just after the that one ended

I was #en confused on what happen..never have i seen..such a sight in life..so with all my anxiety i run out side to see what it "REALLY" was...

and when i got out side.. i notice i was look at nothing... the sky was still dark and the blue light didnt appear again..i did some how manage to see some slight discoloration of the sky..as it appear to be a slight visions of blue waves....but i dont know..

no one was around or awake to see what had happen,and that is why i looked up into the web to check if anything like this has ever happen before.

i hit up google,when i saw that other people said they have seen something smiler in another part of the country.. but the thing is that i cant see the blog of the poster that posted it as the website keeps redirecting me to another...and this is where i begin to question...is someone trying to hide this information from the public?

i dont know..
what do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i have an alternate point of view on this to share - not my own but paraphrasing the opinion of a freind of mine who is a trainee nurse

i was just chatting on MSN and told her about there threads on ATS

the convo went something like

me - discribes the threads and giave my opinion that they were hoaxers and idiots
her - there are medical conditions that can cause such episodes
me - like terminal stupidity ?
her - no you idiot - like brain tumors , optic nerve damage etc
me - are you serious
her - yes

so i would offer a peice of genuine advice to all claimants of ` omg it suddenly went dark ` episodes

it it only affected you - and no one else - please contact your doctor you may have an undiagnosed condition which if untreated could lead to permanant blindness or worse

thats all for now

It really becomes pathetic and embarassing the lengths some will go to in order to discredit an individual's experience. People like you seem to accept any explanation for the inexplicable other than the possibility that maybe there are things none of us understand. I even saw a post in this thread suggesting that balloons caused OP's experience!!! I, too, experienced a very similar episode in 2005. Two neighbors confirmed to me they saw it too, at the same time and were as perplexed as I. Everything went dark for a couple seconds. No birds, no airplanes, nothing in the sky. It was a perfectly clear day as usual.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me, except it was back in like 2004-2005.
I was sitting on the couch next to the 5 ft by 4 ft window and suddenly it went black outside, then as quick as it happened it was gone. tripped me and my family out.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Faded.

Oddly enough, I also experienced such a thing in mid-to-late 2005. The entire sky went black for about 5 seconds, then returned to normal.

I also stayed up late that night, and the entire sky went completely blood-red for the same amount of time, just after 1 AM eastern time (In the US). Considering it did not make news the following morning in either case, I do not think it was seen by very many people.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I and my wife had a similar experience about 9 years ago. We are in High Wycombe, England, about 30 miles from the centre of London, we were working in the garden both of us looking at the ground as we were weeding a border, for a split second it went completely dark, like the sun had been turned off. This was a clear day and there was no sound to indicate a vessel obscuring the sun. I might have dismissed it but I asked my wife "did you see that?" and she had seen it. I searched the internet and news the next day but nothing showed up so I filed it away and got on with my life. It has constantly niggled me though and occasionally I would enter the facts into google but come up empty. Today I entered key words again and to my amazement found this entry. I am happier now I know that I am not alone in this experience. What caused it? Well the only thing I have come up with over the years is that it was like a computer re-boot, this would fit with there being a god who controls everything, how else can you explain what is unexplainable? Is the film "The Matrix" actually pointing the way? Is everything pre-ordained? Will the end be signalled by "Game over" being written in the sky? Crazy I know, but when you have experienced the unbelievable, EVERYTHING becomes believeable.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplemmm

Crazy I know, but when you have experienced the unbelievable, EVERYTHING becomes believeable.

So true. Few years back on a nice sunny day, walking through a park contemplating things, I looked up to the sun. Where I'd normally find the sun shining brightly, so you'd have to close your eyes unable to look straight into it (which would be very unhealthy of course), I saw a black hole, around which I could only see sunrays, NOT the sun itself. Kind of like NASA-pics in which the sun itself is marked with a black spot (to not break the lens, I suppose.

The phrase 'black hole sun' has changed meaning for me ever since.
Anyone else experienced this?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The phrase "crack in the sky" caught my attention. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was (perhaps 2006, maybe a year or two later), but the image is still pretty clear in my mind. My parents had taken me out to dinner, probably around five in the afternoon, and I saw something rather out of place in the sky. South-east from us at an indeterminate distance was a distinct rift in in the blue. It looked extremely high up, like cirrus clouds, and was of uniform color; the rift was unquestionably darker in color than the rest of the sky. It went almost perfectly straight up and down with only a few visible bends, like a fault line. It had sharp, definite edges, did not move with the wind or sun, there were no clouds in the sky, and it remained visible for at least an hour. Being younger, I didn't watch it very closely, so I have no idea if it was visible at night. Given the distance, it's apparent size was miles long. I remember thinking at first sighting that if it got much bigger, we'd all be screwed, lol.

My parents and everyone around who bothered looking up saw it. There were people in the parking lot stopping and taking pictures, so I bet there'll be a photo floating around somewhere. The location was around Spring, Texas; if you know this area, you know how frequently the strange occurs there.

Anyhow, your account of the sky going dark is the closest thing to this event I've found. Thank you for your post.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just noticed this was in 2008, any ideas on what it was?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

"...in the dream, after I saw the UFO, the sky went 'digital' and I dont know how else to describe it..... it was as if the sky turned pixelated if that makes sense."

I've seen it for real, at least twice. Pixellated lightening (looked like Minecraft with weather), and one time where it simply looked like the sky had a Holodeck blowout- arcs and a grid pattern. I spent a few minutes wondering if I shouldn't start strumming my lower lip at that point...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Experienced this also in Staten Island New York when I was a child. It happened for just a few seconds. Complete darkness in the blink of an eye during recess in front of a whole class of students. Very strange and very very real.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join