It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia mobilizes entire black sea fleet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

Things are heating up fast.I wonder if nato would be involved.MSM says russia attacked georgia while sites like ats say georgia atacked russia.
so cue bono?
who stands to gain from all this?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Russia is realy flexing thier power... Trying to make everyone back off...

What should the world do?

If we stand down to china doing this once?
Who do they move on next?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
they entire Black Fleet.. hmmm.. I thought most of it was mothballed when their economy crashed back in the 90's!! You know, that famous documentary that SHOWED all the ships and subs rusting away in the harbor/docks...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here is an interesting take on the situation.

joshuatrevino.com...

It seems like Georgia miscalculated and are now paying the price.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with Joshua on this strategically and absolutly tactically. Thanks much for your post Karlhungis, I get ya' a star there.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
And by the way, do we have any independent reports of the entire Russian flt on the move? Reason I ask is, I went to the OP's link and read the info as coming from the Georgians - don't find that as anything but propaganda at this point.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
they entire Black Fleet.. hmmm.. I thought most of it was mothballed when their economy crashed back in the 90's!! You know, that famous documentary that SHOWED all the ships and subs rusting away in the harbor/docks...

Don't look to rusty to me...

3 months ago: Russian navy ships are seen anchored during a naval parade to mark the 225th anniversary of Russian navy's Black Sea fleet at the Crimean Peninsula port of Sevastopol, Ukraine, Sunday, May 11, 2008. A Ukrainian yellow-blue flag seen on a ship's bow at left. Sevastopol is still home to the Russian Black Sea Fleet more than 15 years after the Soviet collapse. Under the agreement between Russia and Ukraine, the Russian navy was allowed to remain in Sevastopol until 2017, paying an annual rent of US$93 million (euro73 million).

new topics

top topics

join