It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got any Dirt on the new Meningitis Vaccine Yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am seeing this advertized on TV and on the Internet. Given the track record of previous vaccines I'm curious to see if there are any known side effects of this one?

I can understand vaccinating for highly contageous illnesses, I am disturbed by the growing trend to push vacinations for possibly deadly, but very rare diseases.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
*hushed tones*

It works

meningitis is pretty bad stuff if it get hold and the effects can be devestating.

Menigiococemia was another such terror. Used too see 20-30 cases a year. Kids would lose limbs if lucky the rest would die. Now since the vaccine for that? Look at it this way. last year we had ONE and they had to call me in from home because NONE of the nurses in the PICU that day had ever taken care of a patient with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
*hushed tones*

It works

meningitis is pretty bad stuff if it get hold and the effects can be devestating.

Menigiococemia was another such terror. Used too see 20-30 cases a year. Kids would lose limbs if lucky the rest would die. Now since the vaccine for that? Look at it this way. last year we had ONE and they had to call me in from home because NONE of the nurses in the PICU that day had ever taken care of a patient with it.

My concern, though, is if it might cause some of the horrible side-effects attributed to Gardisil or other vaccinces.

I don't know how many cases of meningitis there are a year, offhand, but there has to be a balance. The vaccine shoudl not cause side effects that would compromise the patient's life at a greater rate than the diesese it is supposed to prevent.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
The vaccine shoudl not cause side effects that would compromise the patient's life at a greater rate than the diesese it is supposed to prevent.

That is not unreasonable. If you go to the CDC website, they should have the statistics for you. Typically the adverse reaction rates for vaccines is pretty low.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I got a Menactra shot early last month.

I haven't grown any extra limbs or lost much mental capac... capacet... capacat.... ability.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

WEEN "SPINAL MENINGITIS (GOT ME DOWN)"

Why they wanna see my spine mommy? Why they wanna see my spine? It's gonna hurt again mommy Much worse than last time Am I gonna see God, mommy? Am I gonna die? It really hurts mommy! Am I gonna die? Smile on Mighty Jesus Spinal Meningitis got me down I'm feelin' greasy mommy Please don't let me die Stinky vaseline mommy! Please don't let me die Am I gonna see God, mommy? Am I gonna die? It really hurts mommy! Am I gonna die? Smile on mighty Jesus Spinal Meningitis got me down Smile on mighty Jesus Spinal Meningitis got me down

Saw them perform this live recently. A creepy song.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Uh...thanks?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I work in a hospital inpatient pharmacy (where I currently happen to be... On ATS because it's a slow night). Anyway, I at this very second am looking at a sign that was left up from last year's flu shot season. At the end it states that their "goal is 100% compliance."

Now, I wouldn't get a flu shot anyway, but something about the wording of the poster bothered me. Mainly the "compliance" part.

"We are borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I work in a hospital inpatient pharmacy (where I currently happen to be... On ATS because it's a slow night). Anyway, I at this very second am looking at a sign that was left up from last year's flu shot season. At the end it states that their "goal is 100% compliance."

Now, I wouldn't get a flu shot anyway, but something about the wording of the poster bothered me. Mainly the "compliance" part.

"We are borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

That is indeed creepy!

It's this trend towards vaccinating everyone for very rare diseases that gets me, too.

new topics

top topics

join