It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9.8 Great night for UFO watching in Eastern US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok so we made it past 8.8.8.
I was taking a gander at weather.com and the whole of Eastern US is going to have a clear night. It's going to be cool, crispy for this time of year and not a cloud in the sky. Plus it's Saturday so no work tomorrow.
Perfect night to grab a cold one and a camera, sit on the porch or lay down on the lawn, and stare at the heavens.

However, some reminders on how to post on ATS before you capture a UFO on camera:

1. Take a photography class at your local learning annex.
2. Purchase bout ten grand worth of photo/video equipment including tripods, lenses, Flir, etc.
3. Make sure you're there, prepared and looking up at the sky when UFOs appear.
4. Gather witnesses and have them sign a prepared release form.
5. Take picture/video from different angles simultaneously.
6. Immediately place cameras into evidentiary Ziploc.
7. Have said Ziploc sealed by any cast member of CSI or a real CSI.
8. Document this procedure legally by having it notarized. (remember to always have a notary public with you)
9. Have someone take a picture of you, the witnesses, the UFO, the CSI, and the notary public, and have that notarized.
10. Send to ATS

There is a small chance that you might not have all of the above mentioned ducks in a row. Never mind, take a pic of the UFO anyway, you can get the rest of the stuff later.

Anyway, I'll be looking at the stars tonight, I hope you are too.
I look forward to lots of cool pics by the end of the night.
I'm feeling it tonight.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Flagged...Let's get some UFO's on film tonight!

[edit on 9-8-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Absolutely,
I checked again and we're looking good in Cali, Oregon, and most of Texas.
If you're driving in any rural area tonight, stop for 10 minutes to watch the sky.
You never know.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The last thread that stated something was sure to happen (or similar effect) I went out several times and waited...dissapointment. However, I dont give up. As long as there is no rain, I will go out every night in order to find some trace, carrying the camera too.

The only thing I am concerned about...I live waaaay out in the middle of nowhere. I often see several aircraft flying high over from Memphis, and some from the military base in Arkansas. Sometimes I think the reason I am unable to see anything is because they are a front for something directly over them...just speculation though, who knows?

Happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the peak of the perseids meteor shower is due in a few days

a treat for all those star gazers tonight, plenty of meteors already visible :p

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

I'm not predicting that "something" will happen.
I'm just saying that it's a lovely summer night. Even if nothing happens, a night stargazing is a night well spent.
Now come on, I'm trying to get a little enthusiasm going, don't be a party pooper pants.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No Ufos will be seen over here for me, unless the clouds clear up after I get off from work. Unfortunantly the only camera I have will be my cell phone one, If I see anything I'll stop and click

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wasn't saying you were predicting anything

I simply meant I got excited about the last thread that was similar in its meaning, and was dissapointed when I saw nothing of interest. Unless someone counts the eyes I saw in the field...they were cyote's(sp?). I saw a skunk too, which abruptly ended my search for anything

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its been cloudy and sprinkly all afternoon here for me. But you have the right attitude. If it clears up I will be outside with my video camera in hand.

No party pooper pants here

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I will keep my eyes to the heavens this evening. I've tried taking pictures at night with my camera ($9,800 less than professional quality). Nothing special, will get the tripod and set it next to the backdoor.

I usually take my dogs out to take care of business and find myself looking up every evening. Nothing so far. Fairly active skies near me due to major airport traffic. Once in about 6 years will their path come over us.

I think you left off one suggestion. You might want to make sure to put said digital photos into Photoshop or Paint.Net, because it seems everyone else is doing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Meddle_Element

I'm impressed you've got a tripod.

I have always believed that many of the members, including myself
, who scream "tripod" at ufo pic threads are themselves tripodless. I've always been paranoid that the ufos will show up whilst I'm purchasing a tripod.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You're not joking about the Great Weather on the East Coast. Where I am located at this moment, it was only 78 Degrees Fahrenheit for a Hi today, and the Lo is going to be around 56 Degrees Fahrenheit. This time last year I remember it being 105 Deg F., with a Lo of 80 Deg. F. It feels and looks like Mid-Spring outside right now, Clear Blue skies, and extremely low humidity. Are all of these Human Sourced-Global Warming fanatics paying attention right now?

BTW, just to let folks know, tripods for cameras are relatively inexpensive. I have one that has a universal fit for every camera I own. I used it to videotape that "Comet" Holmes last Fall. There is no need for extremely expensive or elaborate set-ups, just get something that works, and most importantly have equipment that you feel completely comfortable and familiar with.

Also, as a side note, do most of you remember all of that hoopla over the purported videotape of the Stephenville, TX sightings? The video I am mentioning is the one that had a light squiggling all over it, and Linda Moulton Howe claimed this "craft" was "Projecting Symbols" in the Night Sky. Anyways, I said it then, and I will say it again, that was NOTHING more than the Video camera being set into low-light mode, and moving around. The guy who videotaped it claimed he had his arm propped on a fence post. Well, I can tell you through experience that is not good enough for a camera in low-light or Super Night-Shot mode. Even worse was that he was zoomed in the entire time, which only serves to Magnify any motion already present on the end of the Camera itself. Bottom line, there is no substitute for a Tripod or secure mount. If you can get a remote, that's even better yet (when you push buttons, as I need to do, you can easily jar the camera and mess a video/photograph up when shooting in low-light conditions).

[edit on 8-9-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately I am buried in cloud cover here in Buffalo.... I am ready to see some pictures and or video!!

_kdial1

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Unfortunately I am buried in cloud cover here in Buffalo.... I am ready to see some pictures and or video!!

_kdial1

No problem.
You can keep tabs on ATS and the web on what's going on tonight.
And then you watch the skies on a night that we're cloudy.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hiyah S Dog,

Great instructions...I am grabbing a cold one, yet alas, I live in the heart of a big city, too many lights and too many hills. My view of the sky is very limited. Plus, that would mean I'd have to get off my buttski and leave the computer

But everyone else, yes go look and take pictures

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

You know what?
I'm gonna grab my video camera, a pack of cigarettes, a "soda", and jump in the car and get out of the city. I'll drive out about 20 min to Great Falls in Md. It's a state park, no houses, no lights. I'll take a gander towards the stars for an hour and what happens happens.
I Don't expect much, but it just dawned on me that I'll never see a ufo staring at a computer screen.
I'm off then, see you back here round midnight.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What do you mean tonight's a good night to see UFOs?

That's being predjudiced against every other night!!!

ANY night is a good night to see UFOs!!!

Good luck, all of you in the USA with your clear skies. Melbourne is overcast and chilly, so I'll be inside.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It starts to get frustrating that everybody seems to spot ufo's lately except for me. Nearly spend a million hours now curled up in my hammock watching the stars. Never saw one..

Am I that unlucky or should I have my eyes tested ?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well I saw nothing, but a beautiful night it was, bunch of stars and a good moon view on the drive home.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, I'm back.
That was actually quite nice. I got in the car with my camera, a couple of beverages, my cigarettes, my bulldog Nikita, and the hope of seeing something new in the sky. I popped a little Eckhart Tolle on the old cd player and was in Great Falls within 20 minutes.
Got out of the car, laid down on the grass and watched the universe above me.
It was amazing.
It is a beautiful clear night, I listened to the sound of the waterfalls, felt the vibration of Nikita's snoring under my arm, and gazed into the stars. It's strange, when you look into such a big sky at first your eyes have difficulty focusing. The eyes are used to looking at something specific so when you ask them to look at "everything" the brain wants to focus a specific spot in the sky. But after a while, after I stopped "looking", my eyes relaxed and I could almost see the whole sky at once
I saw a few shooting stars but I saw no ufos.
The experience however did not leave me with a feeling of disappointment. Actually tonight's lasting impression left me with a sense of "knowing" that no matter what, we're all going to be alright.
I drove back with a stupid grin on my face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join