It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird clouds, with pictures!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hi, this is actually something I meant to post almost two years ago now but I never got around to it then lost the pictures somewhere in my computer but I just now found them again!

In March of 2006 I came home and noticed that the clouds above where I was were extremely odd looking.(To me at least) What I saw was just a huge sheet of solid cloud that, at a certain point, looked like it had just been sliced and the other half was missing.

Now, I'm no weather expert, in fact, I know nothing at all about weather except what I learned about the different cloud types in kindergarten, but I was just wondering if this is a normal occurence, maybe having to do with pressure or something. I'd never seen the clouds like this before and I haven't since.

Here are the links to the pictures in their original size which is very large.

Picture One
Picture Two

Either way, I'm just interested in what the deal is with these clouds.
Thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looks like a blanket of Cirrostratus cloud.

It may help if you let me know what the sky was like behind you, which direction the clouds were moving and what direction you were facing when the picture was taken. Unfortunantly if its an old picture, it will be hard to tell what the atmopshere was doing as the upper air records and synoptic maps will not be available

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Very Common - I live in Florida and this is how the sky looks at least once a week.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hmmm.. I have seen it before, to put it in simple terms...

A front is moving in, the temperature is changing at a consistent pace, so the clouds are forming at a straight line, in a very thin layer.. A a high altitude..

Nothing unusual.

Just taking a shot in the dark there, some one else could give you a very more detailed answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wait a minute...........is that a trailer park????

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
A front is moving in, the temperature is changing at a consistent pace, so the clouds are forming at a straight line, in a very thin layer.. A a high altitude..

Thats what I would have guessed too, but it depends on the direction in which the cloud is coming from. If it is a cold or warm fron then it will be coming from a westerly direction. I have to admit, it does suspiciously look like pre-frontal cirrostratus

join