It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Teacher's Cure Clears Way for a New Saint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thoughts???

www.wtop.com...
AIEA, Hawaii — When cancer spread into her lungs, doctors told Audrey Toguchi she had six months to live, at best, and suggested chemotherapy as the only option.

Toguchi, however, turned to another source—a Catholic missionary who died more than a century ago.

"I'm going to Molokai to pray to Father Damien," Toguchi calmly told Dr. Walter Y.M. Chang after hearing her death sentence.

"Mrs. Toguchi, prayers are nice and it's probably very helpful, but you still need chemotherapy," replied Chang, who earlier had removed a fist-size tumor from Toguchi's left buttock that was the source of the cancer in her lungs.

Defying Chang and the pleas of her husband and two sons, Toguchi caught a flight from Honolulu to the remote peninsula of Kalaupapa on the island of Molokai to pray at the grave of the priest who had ministered to people with leprosy until he, too, caught it and died in 1889.

"Dear Lord, you're the one who created my body, so I know you can fix it," Toguchi prayed. "I put my whole faith in you. ... Father Damien, please pray for me, too, because I need your help."

On a doctor's visit on Oct. 2, 1998, a month after cancer was first detected in her lungs, doctors expected the tumors to have grown. Instead, they had shrunk, and by May 1999 tests confirmed that they had disappeared without treatment.

Chang and a half-dozen other doctors, including a cardiologist, oncologist, pathologist and radiologist, couldn't explain it. Chang, who does not belong to any religion, urged Toguchi to report it to the Catholic church...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
(continuation of previous quote removed)

The point is there is NO REASON to ever quote more than 3 paragraphs.
It's not Kosher and it's simply wasting webspace since it's already online at another site...
Springer

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
cool I guess. But what's it doing in this section?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Did not know where to post this forgive me.
GH

top topics

join