It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Metal...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Black Metal has come a long way. From the early days of Venom to the infamous Mayhem.

Resurrectors of Black metal they with Bathory evolved the style from oldstyle power-chord carping (Venom, Celtic Frost) to newly nihilistic and feral styles of simplicity and oblivion while not yet shaking the pervasive heavy metal influence of older bands. In the beginning clumsy while later rhythmic and violent, the music of Mayhem introduced complexity and a far-reaching aesthetic and conceptual vision to early black metal and created a foundation for much black metal to follow.

www.anus.com...

Anyone else a fan of this underground genre?

And no, Cradle of Filth does not count as Black Metal. Dimmu Borgir however, can to a certain degree. They even feature the drummer, Hellhammer from Mayhem.

But yeah, your opinions matter. Black Metal: Like it? Hate it? Despise it? Confused? Leave it here.

Hail.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ahh yes, black metal....my favorite kind of music...which is ironic considering that I'm a Christian.

So many cool bands. Old Man's Child, Dark Funeral, Crimson Moonlight, 1349, and Moonsorrow just to name a few.

Dissection was pretty cool until their founding member killed himself.

However, in my not so humble opinion, Emperor will always be the ultimate black metal band with Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk being the ultimate black metal album of all time.

new topics

join