It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a photo of Martian Life, does anyone know where this came from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can anybody tell me something about this 3d picture of a Martian cow and her calf, strolling the Martian landscape eating blueberries?

The picture was sent to me, it looks familiar like I've seen it before but I am not sure where and is said to be of some “rocks on Mars”.

Can you help identify the source so we can validate or debunk its authenticity?

Where are we with the search for life on Mars? I've lost track.
We had a fly over and saw a face, then it wasn't a face, then it was again and then again it wasn't.
We found a rock here on earth in the ice that came from Mars that proved micro bacterial life forms from Mars once existed, then it didn't, then it did, then the rock might not be from Mars, then it was, then the life could be from earth, then it wasn’t and now no one is sure anymore.
Then we sent rovers to take pictures, they found evidence for past life, then they didn't, then they did, then they didn't it was just another rock and now no one knows what those damn Blueberries are.
Then we sent a mini-lab to test for the chemical basics for life, then we found ice, but wait, we aren't sure if it is H2O ice, then it was, ok, then we melt in into water and learn it is suitable for plant life, then it wasn't, then it was ok for asparagus or broccoli or something.
Then they had to consult Wash DC for some announcement, then they didn't, then they did, then they didn't.
Then they discovered an oxidizing salt that would prevent life from growing, then it was ok since we have areas with same salt but with higher levels and extremaphiles live there so its ok again, and now I am lost as to the most recent accurate status of this info.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

something like this in a post about apes on Mars, I wonder, hmm.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Could possibly just be a rock that looks similar to an ape?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It looks like the start of 2001 : Space Odyssey or something. With a bit of editing.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TopSecretArea

I didn't even think of an ape until I saw those other photos, to me since both the big one and little one are on all fours (maybe six for all I can tell) they look more like cows. But I can see the ape references.
This photo supposedly came from one of the mars photos and some website has turned them all into 3D images and I remember seeing a website that did that but I do not recall the name, etc and I am asking if anyone know of that website?
I could then look at the original photo for verification.
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Can anybody tell me something about this 3d picture of a Martian cow and her calf, strolling the Martian landscape eating blueberries?

Come on, you have to be freakin' kidding me, right?!? I swear, the amount of ignorance that flocks to this website even amazes me, and constantly reminds me why the subjects this website devotes itself to are never and will never be taken seriously enough to be looked into by those with even over half a brain.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Nope, not kidding you.
Do you have any knowledge as to a website that has taken the Mars photos and applied 3D effect? If so, it would be a great help to determine any validity to these photos.
I would greatly appreciate your assistance, and I appreciate your skepticism.
It is through skeptics and debate that real truth is discerned.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The object can be found on Spirit Navigation Camera :: Sol 087 (52 images) )see last four ones)
and in my humble opinion it is a rock:

You can find it

here

here

here

and

here

but is probably visible in more shots.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I can still not help myself to wonder why the rock have seem to moved somwhat on these pics.
It looks like the Rover hasn't moved except the rotation of the video head.
I am not saying it is an ape or anything, but it sure looks like that the rock have change shape a bit.

It looks like the Bog rock leans forward on the first pic compared two the other one.

Also the angle of the "calf's" head seem to have changed abit too.

Anyway, this could be just an optical illusion or a matter pf perspective disorder. Who knows.
Still quite intruiging.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
The object can be found on Spirit Navigation Camera :: Sol 087 (52 images) )see last four ones)
and in my humble opinion it is a rock:

You can find it

here

here

here

and

here

but is probably visible in more shots.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by internos]

Thank you, so very much.
This will at least allow me to verify the photos, and it is more than likely, just a rock as you suggest.
But if some one says it looks like the Mona Lisa and some one else says it looks like a hamburger, I guess their entitled to their opinion.
I just wanted to verify the photo, thanks again!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
I can still not help myself to wonder why the rock have seem to moved somwhat on these pics.
It looks like the Rover hasn't moved except the rotation of the video head.
I am not saying it is an ape or anything, but it sure looks like that the rock have change shape a bit.

It looks like the Bog rock leans forward on the first pic compared two the other one.

Also the angle of the "calf's" head seem to have changed abit too.

Anyway, this could be just an optical illusion or a matter pf perspective disorder. Who knows.
Still quite intruiging.

I see what you are saying. Interesting.
The main thing that captures my attention from the very start is that the two "formations" share complex common structure and continuity of form even though they are both of different size and appear to “face” different directions. This is consistent in how we would expect offspring to resemble their parents.
Up until now, I have only had the photo at the top of the page to ponder.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
pretty crazy, it sure does look like a gorilla of some sort, his facial expression even changes between the two pictures posted.
star/flag

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd guess it is a Barsoomian Ape, but it's the wrong color and doesn't appear to have enough limbs.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
it looks like a martian polar bear and it seems to be looking at it's cub on the left side of the pic.

anybody else see that ?

weird.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

When I try to compare the two photos by making one transparent and overlaying it on the other one. The rocks all seem to fall into place pretty well, but the two cow-apes do seem to move, and that cannot be right. It must be an illusion.
Does anyone here have some good photo software to do a better match?
All I have is the basics that come with windows, which don’t do much good here.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Those figures really are interesting. It would be great to know how big they are. Are they big or small? Anybody have an idea? I am sure some smart member can figure it out, but I am no good at those things.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

hah

I was JUST comparing the two overlaying them in Photoshop.
was going to make a smaller animated gif of it, but don't know if I can in PS, I know I can in Fireworks though.

head does seem to move like .. 23 degrees to it's left.

maybe it's the Martian Attack Baboons!!! (genetically created here and staged to come from there!!) planet of the apes wasn't just a moooovieee omgz1

-

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by Akezzon

hah

I was JUST comparing the two overlaying them in Photoshop.
was going to make a smaller animated gif of it, but don't know if I can in PS, I know I can in Fireworks though.

head does seem to move like .. 23 degrees to it's left.

maybe it's the Martian Attack Baboons!!! (genetically created here and staged to come from there!!) planet of the apes wasn't just a moooovieee omgz1

-

Since I can now look over the original NASA photos, I can tell you that these two are seen close to the Spirirt tracks after it went by as the camera angle shows a looking back perspective. But I do not see them in the photos of the approach. There must be some photos of the approach. NASA would cerrtainly want to see what was ahead of Spirit as it travels. Maybe I missed those shots. I hope they are published.
Can anybody find an image of these things from the other side?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

I have to side with ITF here.

Folks, this is Mars. IF there is life there, it is likely just microbrial, and underground.

Know why?? Well, because there is not a suffiecient atmosphere to protect anything on the surface from prolonged exposure to Solar Radiation.

Or, maybe, as seen here on Earth, there may be bacteria that thrive in Solar Radiation, just as there are anerobic bacteria, and others newly discovered that thrive in a radioactive environment.

But, multi-cellular organisms??? Highly unlikely.

Here's a quick primer for those who come along, a few questons to answer, just to see if you really understand the basics of our Solar System...

Quick....what is the average distance of the earth from the sun? How long would it take light to travel from the sun to the earth?

NOW...how far is MARS? Is it the second, third or fourth or fifth planet?? (counting outward from the Sun)

HOW long does a radio signal (of course, traveling at the speed of light, since that's our technology) take from Earth to Mars?

That is a trick question, isn't it? Depends on where each planet happens to be in their respective orbits, doesn't it???

OK....you aren't expected to answer, in a post, any of these questions. Because I realize that all of the answers can easily be looked up....my POINT is.....how many of these answers were right there, on the top of your heads (as the saying goes)....or, 'tip of your tongue' (another saying)???

I have a solid answer, the average time from the Sun to Earth, at light speed. I also know the diameter of the Earth's orbit, and have a close estimate of Mars' orbit....so, I would calculate, based on time selected, what the lightspeed delay between Earth and Mars would be, at any given place on the calendar.

AGAIN, you don't need to answer, here in a post....just contemplate how little you know if you HAVE NO IDEA without looking it up first.

This, is my point.

Good night.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I'd guess it is a Barsoomian Ape, but it's the wrong color and doesn't appear to have enough limbs.

Uh. Maybe Martian apes do not have the same number of limbs as Earthly apes.

I overlapped the 2 pictures posted as is. They are not the same size. I only changed opacity and color of one picture

The "ape" does NOT move. Sorry *shrug* It is a rock and I believe this is another "seeing things in the clouds". IMHO.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join