It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain Google Earth - Champ x 2 ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Was surfing Google Earth tonight (9th of August) and found a couple of "sea snake"-like figures east of Chellis Bay / Mooney bay in Lake Champlain. Is this IT (and his brother?) or just a "normal" anomaly? I took some "printscreens" of them ...

Overview:
i304.photobucket.com...

The left one:
i304.photobucket.com...

The right one:
i304.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The pics won't work for me, I get a page load error when I try to view any of them. Would it be possible for someone to rehost them on imageshack? Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I see them now.

[edit on 8.9.08 by toreishi]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow, nice find. Im not sure about these thought, they seem to close to the screen. Hmmm. Im going to have my own look at this.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The "snakes" are easily accessible via Google Earth. See coordinates below left in every picture.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hmmm i think the right one looks more interesting than the left, you can compare it to the boat, but i'm not sure if it is something or just a glitch on the satellite. Good find though.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I measured them with the ruler tool and the left one is about 125 feet while the left Champ is 210 feet or 70 yds. Whatever it is, it's very big--unless that is, it is a glitch but I'm not good with image analysis so I can only say what it is with a doubt.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
hmm, i dont have google earth, so im only going on these pictures, however is that the coastline in the first one?(on the left) if so im assuming the waters not too deep around there, so maybe its just some kind of wreckage/debris at the bottom? then again a quick google search reveals:

apparantly this is champ. in 1977. doesnt seem too snakelike so i cant see it being the same 'creature' as in the right image. But assuming that these things were real. if there are two then there would have to be more(family/mate/children?) right?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Jdizzay87]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
img.photobucket.com...

My question is, does google use a digital camera for these images or a film camera, because if its film these both look like scratches on film.

Edit: looking at the pics again, i think i found a third one, fret not, it was in the same area.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hate to sound like a skeptic but it's just an anomaly on the lens. Google uses a chartered (or company owned) plane to take these pictures. Some areas are satellite pictures (i.e. Area 51 and other "no fly zones") but for a lot of the detailed "close up" pictures it's just a jet or piper cub or whatever. That being said aircraft mounted cameras are prone to these types of "glitches."

Satellite cameras are held to exacting standards in cleanliness. Though "space dust" can contaminate a lens over time the resolution of satellite imagery usually causes the image to focus over the dust so it's not noticeable.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have no knowledge of cameras but the scratch/glitch theories sounds plausible.

Anyway, it's intriguing pictures of "snakes" in a perfect cryptozoo-spot of a lake, I think. Champ's or not.

new topics

top topics

join