It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: I want to learn how to sky-watch from my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello all: I am new at UFO, and E.T. I am in Tennessee, USA and i would like to know if there is a specific time of the day, like at night that we could conduct sky-watches from our own backyard at home. And how to conduct a sky-watch. What equipment do we need? Do we need binoculars? or can we do a sky-watch with our plain eyes.

nanovapor

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I suggest just looking up with the naked eye on a clear night. You need to watch the sky for much longer than a few mins, so the odds of seeing something increases. Sightings are reported all hours of the day, but personally I think the odds are better between the hours of 1am to 4am. Once you've been a skywatcher for awhile you'll familiarize yourself with the stars and common aircraft.

You could have binoculars, a camera or video camera ready, if you see something.

I'm sure other members can offer more suggestions, like wishful thinking etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What do satellites look like in the night sky? I see several objects that fly from one side of the sky to the other that look like stars. (I thought satellites were stationary) I saw something a little different last night though, and my parents got to see it as well. It was a very bright glowing ball, kind of like a meteor, but it wasn't moving near as fast as a meteor does. Also, after it flew brightly for a while it got dimmer then faded away. I have seen something similar to that a few nights before.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hydroman, It sounds like you are seeing satellites.

They are can be pretty bright, especially the ISS. They move across the sky in a perfectly straight line at steady speeds from horizon to horizon.

Nanovapor, you could try initiating contact for yourself. If you meditate, send out the message that you wish to make contact, you could ask them to show themselves at specific time and place. It may be a good idea to pick a location that has seen UFO activity in the past and also if you do this, try to give them some notice and meditate on the location and date every day until the date.
Try to visualize the location as much as possible, without projecting your hopes on it.

On the night use your eyes to spot any movement and if you spot something then you can use binoculars to get a better look. Binoculars are much more useful than a telescope. It is damn near impossible to track a moving object with a telescope, especially if that object is moving erratically.
I personally prefer to use my eyes, just because by the time you have picked up a pair of binoculars, found the object and focussed on it, you may have missed something or even worse it has vanished entirely.

You don't have to believe me, but I have had a bit of experience with the visitors. I am pretty sure that if you can focus your intent on them while meditating, that sometimes they can pick up on it.

Happy hunting.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS I just started myself 2 weeks ago skywatching i haven't done since i was a kid all i have is my digital camera and a set of binocular. my first might after20 min. i saw 5 shooting stars. good luck on your indevers.

new topics

top topics

join