It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say we achieve galactic/intergalactic spaceflight....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
and we travel to an inhabited planet of human like beings who haven't evolved as we have. We find that they are warring amongst themselves in the name of their various gods and beliefs. What kind of message would you give them?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We would most likely nuke them all and take their planet, turn them into slaves or try to make as much money as possible from their natural resources.

Which is why its excellent that we dont have (public) intergalactic spaceflight.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, you make a good point there.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
We would most likely nuke them all and take their planet, turn them into slaves or try to make as much money as possible from their natural resources.

Or else:

1)Our corporations would quietly set up on that planet
2)We would use our technology to gain a market advantage, therefore monopolizing markets,
3)We would take over all their banks and use wars to make money,
4)We would infiltrate their governments to gain elitist powers while taking their rights piece by piece,
5)We would lead them towards a one world government so we could control them completely,
6)We would keep the population down to ensure our experiment is controllable.

All the while we would be taking massive amounts of their natural resources and wealth while ensuring that they think that they are alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
What kind of message would you give them?

I personally don't think I wouldn't have anything to say to them. I'd probably just sit back and let them get on with whatever they were doing. It would be nice to think I could stop them from fighting, but if they're anything like us, when it comes to irrational beliefs they won't listen to reason, only force. Besides, who am I to judge them, or take sides?

It would be up to the religious explorers among us to make contact, try to give them the "Good News" of salvation through Jesus Christ, or the way to Allah, or whatever, and secretly fund one side against another. That's not my call.

Otherwise, a good message might be, we've got this technology, you got anything to trade for it? Gold? Diamonds? Helium-3? Because we're always looking to make a buck.

top topics

join