It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warship heading to Estonia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

US Warship heading to Estonia

www.postimees.ee

On the 10th of august the USS Elrod is arriving in Estonia.Yesterday it was based in Norway's north sea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'dont know, i hope nothing,but still sounds strange, co-insidance?
Russia don't like us as well....

www.postimees.ee
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the USS Elrod is an FFG-7 or Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate; i will happily say this is a social call , and in teh event of anything being launched at an OHP it would be sunk - bugger all air defence (1x CIWS) as the SM-1MR was removed - these have tails for sub hunting work.

nice ships though.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thank's i tought something was up, cos we pissed them off last spring

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thats odd.
It's not like there's any question as to who's side you're on, you're with NATO, Russia is aware of this now.
It's not like Russia's going to try to coax you into the Russian Federation now, it's way too late.

I was involved with building allot of electronic security equipment for Estonia. The Russians had gotten themselves involved in trying to hinder Estonia electronically (amongst others). I was involved in manufacturing what was necessary to make sure that doesn't continue.
Small world isn't it?

Anyhow, for those that don't know, Estonia was brought over to NATO's side and the EU. It declared independence in 1991, and recently (2004 recently), Estonia joined with the EU.

Since the installation of the new cyber defense systems, nobody has heard a peep from Russia regarding Estonia. They certainly didn't bother with any military tactics to reclaim Estonia after 1991.

So yeah, this is a puzzle, why would the US need to send warships to Estonia?
Are they selling them? (lol)
Or is this just a "hey, how goes it, just making sure we can dock here in the future if we need to."?

By the way, BEAUTIFUL country, with some very gorgeous architecture. Very high up on my list of places to visit on personal time for pleasure.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

By the way, BEAUTIFUL country, with some very gorgeous architecture. Very high up on my list of places to visit on personal time for pleasure.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by johnsky]

Thanks johnsky
And would like it to stay that way hence the slight worry

Hope everything will calm down in georgia too!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My husband is the chief engingeer on the USS ELROD. I am happy to say they are on a Goodwill mission and will be heading to Africa in September. I am a proud and happy navy wife.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ah, don't worry, Estonia's going to be fine. Russia has no motive to harm Estonia anymore, especially now that you're part of the EU.

Estonia's cyber defense installment was just to counter the last bit of political nastiness left over.

I'm quite sure your country has a long line of peace ahead of it now. Which is great considering what it's gone through historically.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe a false flag affair. US ship goes to Estonia, gets attacked by a "Russian" ship, and we have another 911 on our hands... Pres. Bush stays in office.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I do not know how much you have been following the happening in the Baltic sea - but I believe there MAY be a connection with the pipeline that Russia is building into the Baltic sea.

You say the frigate has good sub-hunting capabilities? Perhaps also good enough to get a decent picture of how the Russian construction efforts are going under the sea level?

Just a couple of months ago Estonia had another visiting ship (not sure if US or UK) doing a sea-bottom scan for an airplane that was shut down during world war 2. So... Estonian Defense Minister informs the public that foreign military ship is coming to aid in some archeological work... And now another sub-hunter is coming just on a social visit...

Just some thoughts. Anyways Russia has been beefing up their Baltic sea fleet also...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

I know i´v been following the whole buildup here in Estonia as well.This is what it´s all about.www.gazprom.ru...
Have a look at the other projects and maps.You can draw a line connecting GAZPROM to the current events in Georgia and EU
Theory??

new topics

top topics

join