It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frappr for local ats member trading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I know ATS doesn't approve of recruiting for militant style organizations or similar on the site, but I was wondering how many people would be interested, providing this IS within the limits of the TOS, in starting up a sort of Frappr map or other local trading system for the users of the survival forum. I know a lot of people here are talking about the foodstuffs they produce, along with the various other skills we have between us, and it might be beneficial, if we have enough people local enough to each other to start some kind of loose trade and barter association, especially given the tight financial times..

For example, I'm an artist/crafter, I often take worn, tired items from thrift stores or simply found objects, and turn them into something new, pretty or useful. I paint and draw to order too, including tattoo designs. I'd be amenable to trading my skills, and the things I produce, to others, for whatever they'd be willing to trade.. Strictly non-monetary trades, and while I'm aware craigslist has this sort of function, in practice I've found that there's really nothing there that I want or can use.. I'd rather trade something I made for someone else's home grown veggies, for example..

Right now this is just an idea, with two basic questions (a) is this ok with ATS, ie, if we start something here, it's not against the TOS, and (b) if so, would people be interested?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
im new here but im pretty sure youre not getting responses because people here are probably not going to want to put their location (specific or general) out there for public knowledge of so called SURVIVALISTS. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It sometimes takes people a while to start answering, so don't give up. You have a good idea starting here but don't take this personally, there most likely won't be a big demand for artistic or pretty items when TSHTF. Now restoring usefull items will have a demand.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm not really talking about when things go wrong, I"m talking about right now, survival in tough economic times.. Pretty things make good gifts, for example...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Now that i can agree with. But it will still be hard to get anyone to trust you enough to give personal info like that. Most people are to paranoid.

top topics

join