It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's 911 warning to the US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd like to state my apologies if I came off as offensive and also I re-read my post and saw some typos (store= *stories) sorry for that as well. Using a wireless keyboard and batts dying!

Love every one, not just what you deem is your own brethren.

In every religion their are fanatics in your brethren that cause you harm.

Goes for Christianity.
Islam.
Buddhism.
Hinduism.

...And so on...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by re22666

ok well then you should admit that your original post is full of ignorant statements then ie."freedom of religion does not mean you are free to worship false gods." seeing as how you just admitted that was flat out WRONG. [edit on 8/9/2008 by re22666]

No the point is the founders were deeply religious jews and christians. It did not occur to them such freedom would be hijacked by the ignorant........vile lawyers and supreme corrupt courts........

George Washington was a Freemason and wore a pentagram. The same one you would call "The sign of the Devil" Why would you bring up Jews....are you one of those evangelicals that want to rebuild the Temple of Solomon so we can have your end times.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon830426

Well, right here, I speak for myself, however, I can claim that many other Christians have experienced this as well. So, how, as a Christian, can I be sure that what I believe is what is right, especially when there are so many other religions out there that I can choose from?

Experience. That's really all it is. Now, I've been what you would call a Christian all my life. Grew up in a Christian home, in quite possibly the most religious parts of North America. Now, as I began to get older, and understood what it meant to actually be a Christian, I realized it took much more than just a simple prayer, but rather, I had to develop a relationship with God. See, people see Christianity as a religion, but what separates is from all the others, is that we serve a living God (one that isn't dead, unlike all other religions) and we develop a personal relationship with him, like a friend, all thanks to the sending of his son, Jesus Christ (or allah as one argued in a previous post). Through this relationship, following the rules of the bible does not become a chore, but rather, something you want to do. A good example would be when you want to make your parents proud because you love them so much.

And about the prayer that you said your friends would sin, but pray at night. You know, this summer, I've really struggled with this, and still haven't come to a conclusion. In the Bible, there are many verses that state that if we "accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will spend eternity with him" (to be short) and so, in saying that, your friends (if they believe in Jesus Christ as God's son, coming for our sins, the only way, etc) would be eligible to get to heaven no matter what because it that's why Jesus died on the cross, for our sins. But furthermore, it also says that to get to heaven, Jesus needs to know us, have a relationship with him, and for us to know him as well. Now, in my personal opinion, one that is really close to God's heart would not want to go out and sin just because of the love for him. Yes, as humans we fail (epically at some points) and sin, but that is natural. We must restore ourselves in God, Christ Jesus. But like I said, I believe that if we believe in God, Jesus, that stuff, then we get to heaven, but also, we must maintain a relationship with him as well, which means many other things. This is where I become awry. See, I have my own relationship with Christ, and I've seen him move in my life, given me a hunger to read his word (the bible) and seen many miracles, and I thank him everyday, and I want to let other people know about his unfathomable love for us, yet I must admit that sometimes, I sin on purpose. For instance, I may swear when I get hurt, or I may play a violent video game, (heck, I don't even know if that is a sin or not
) but in the end, do I get to go to heaven because I have sinned intentionally, but asked for forgivness?

Okay wow this is long, sorry. But anyways, as you can see, it's something more than church on Sunday and a prayer at night. It's like having a friend in Christ. Wanting to serve him, not just doing things for him reluctantly. But until one can realize this, Christianity will be seen as just another set of rules for people to be oppressed by, and thus, just another religion out there in the world.

I for one, can proudly say that I am a Christian, and have experienced God move in my life myself, and that he is real, and that he is love. I want to serve him, not because that is what I am told, but because that is what he deserves. However, like communism, my intentions look good on paper (or computer screen) but can I follow through with them correctly, or even follow through with them at all? Only time will tell.

[edit on 123131p://000 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I could not have said it better myself! Amen brother!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SleeplessInUS

I can respect that the OP has his/her own views and beliefs but perhaps spewing hate towards those that do not have those same beliefs is not necessary hmmmm?

Where exactly did I spew "hate"...................please enlighten me.

to start, in your initial post .....

God has cursed america for straying from the commandments and allowing all sorts of vile sins to become popular "culture". By embracing "multiculturalisum" BS. By allowing idloitry such as buddisim, etc, to flurish.............for allowing islam to exist in america..........

multiculturalism BS? I would say that is a hateful remark against ANYONE that is not of YOUR culture (which I have no clue of and would be interested to hear what you feel the 'correct' american culture would be) I would also say that calling any other religious belief "idiocy" is hateful.

YOU can believe what you want....didn't say YOU could not believe in the flying spagetti monster.........BUT.....there will be the issue of God either Blessing or Cursing YOU for not following HIS commandments.....

and his commandments would include ...... though shalt not allow multiple cultures inside america? though shalt not allow same sex marriages because even though I created all beings, I do not love all beings? sounds hateful to me.

islam is one of the antichrist as is the roman catholic church among others...

saying people that have different beliefs than yourself are the antichrist, definately falls into the "spewing hate" category in my book.

I dont think god wanted you to be so hateful. Just my opinion and on that note. I check out of this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I appreciate your respectful reply. Gave you a star. Thanks for taking the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I appreciate your respectful reply. Gave you a star. Thanks for taking the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

11Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

www.biblegateway.com...

America is made up of the lost tribes of Israel, and since it has been banning God from schools, allowing homosexual marriage, allowing vile leaders (clinton) to continue...........the actual Sept 11th attacks were just the begining.............

God has cursed america for straying from the commandments and allowing all sorts of vile sins to become popular "culture". By embracing "multiculturalisum" BS. By allowing idloitry such as buddisim, etc, to flurish.............for allowing islam to exist in america..........

Freedom of religion did not mean freedom of worship of false God's.......

God is perfect , God is great, God loves you... lets kill them all!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
[

Except that I for one to believe your God to be false. Any God, for that matter, as I do not believe in God. And to me freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

You know, if you want to live in a theocracy I hear Iran and Saudi Arabia are lovely this time of year. I realize that they worship the "wrong" prophet, but the God is still the same, as all 3 of the desert dogmas stem from The Old Testament.

Speaking of that, are Jews allowed to stay in this non-multi-cultural utopic version of America you would like to live in?

Please spare me the part where you start quoting scripture at me- it means nothing to me- just because the Bible says it is true it does not make it true. Frankly, the Council of Nicaea should have tried a little harder, as the Bible contradicts itself and is poorly written.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The issues that stem from the OP's way of thinking is problematic because they hate everyone. The seperation of church and state is absolutly vital to the success of this nation, for one it ensures the states ability to do its one singular function to ensure that ALL of it's citizens are treated equally under the law not just a few chosen ones.

These people like this hijack what Christianity is really about so that they can attempt to tell another what to do. They get off on the Hagee, Phelps, and Parsley crowd because it is so easy to sit and say well your an abomonation in the eyes of God, and that your religon is just wrong instead of actually trying to understand thier view.

Has this nation become a corrupt shadow of itself? You betcha there are alot of things we are doing that I personally find objectionable and feel that we have removed ourselves from our moral base which has had deep and far reaching consequenses. When you look at what Jesus was abotu teh people he was hardest on werent the ones indulging in bad sexual practices, it was the ones who were all high and mighty about thier strict adherence to the Law, those that failed to show mercy to the poor and destitute. So now tell me in which category you fit into? The compassionate understanding man or the Hellfire and Brimstone one.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well is God is going to punish the wicked, or the USA=Babylon, or just bad people in general, don't you think he would include all the screwed up ideologies on this planet and not pick on "everyone" who represents this "evil" or is he making an example to the world by shooting the USA with planes by some high spiritual design. I mean by my accounting on the whole 10 commandments thing, the while world should have an airplane sticking out of it.

I think your hand picking your catastrophes to fit a spiritual agenda that I dont see, nor do I think is fair. A God of evil, pain, and suffering maybe.

Would God really kill 3000 innocent lives to send a message to the world to submit? If so then I want nothing to do with this BULLY.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The original idea of freedom of religion has been corrupted into the vile version accepted today. The founders were devout jews and christians who could not see any other form of religion in america. The amendment was to keep a state religion from being forced on america like in england under the "kings" where became "keepers of the faith".

He who pretends to speak for "christians" needs to take a step back.........

Except that George Washington was quoted when writing to his agent, "If they be good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa, or Europe; they may be Mohammedans, Jews, or Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists," when hiring workmen for Mount Vernon.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Are you serious? First off, "false God's" is your perception which many would not agree with. Secondly, how could religion be free if you can't decide? That's like saying "you're free to live" fine print: "in a cage."

Also, why is God punishing us for living out our lives? If he created us, then we would appear to him as an equation, playing itself out just as he created. That's like a mathematician writing out '1+1=2', and then punishing the number '2' for playing itself out the way he wrote it. If God wanted us to be something different, why didn't he create us that way?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The only God is that which we misinterprate and excuse ourselves into hatred of things we dont prefer or know of. The unknown fears in ourselves towards new experiences, new ideas, stem from confusion and lack of faith. The bible states that God will make you hate your life, so that you return to him with experience of both right and wrong, but still it says god will save you.

WAKE UP HELIOS..

Its a system of your soul which is electro chemical currently, but will metamorphisis after death into freeform time/dimension energy patterns, which have options to go to places that are like heaven, or like hell via drift and you residual offset you carry with you from the body guides the initial direction thanks to the universe and the way it works.

Theres no reason to hate homosexuals, there more stable mentally at least than alot of those who consider themselves normal merely because they are underhanded and use a moral high ground to save themselves from the facts. That they too are repressed sinners, dirty unsacred flesh. Christians, or religions in general consider themselves pure. I consider it hogwash. And i could prove it more but you would hate it and go insane. Because the truth hurts.

The only judgement is that of the natural motion of stars, and our desire to survive our own sun by advancing. The prophecy eludes to the imagery of the days that ensue during these times of trials. religion and war make existence 100000 times worse with the nit picking, bitching and manipulative control. Using spheres of influence to be wolves which eat the sheep in a democracy.

The only thing that will save you is your zealotous insane views, which are entertaining and provacative.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I'd have to agree with Zysin5 on this one, because I've been a born again Christian for most of my life, and the fire and brimstone hating god you're talking about is the same one that the roman catholic church depicts, and I'm sorry, (Please, no offense to anyone of any religion, creed or class) but My God is NOT a punishing and forever angry God, My God is a very loving and understanding God that knows exactly what he created and where it is headed and still loves us all, each and every day. What you are preaching here my fellow ATS-er is hate filled and man, I hope you one day do meet "the real God" because he's going to make you cry, with how filled with joy and love he is. Please take your hate filled message and the way you seem to spew your "so-called-truths" and try to become a loving person that cares about other human beings, no matter what or who they believe in, because if you learned anything from Jesus's teachings at all, you learned that His Father So Loved This World and the people in it, that he gave his only begotten son, to pay for the massive sins of these people, and whomever so believed in Him, will not taste death and will know everlasting life..
By the way Zysin5, Love your avatar, I have every album ever made my Maiden and that album cover has always intrigued me, that artwork has always been awesome... How can a christian listen to Iron Maiden you ask???? Well, by knowing the difference between Doing what's Christian, and Not, and seeing as every form of expression has it's values, I love the stories that maiden has always had in their songs, and if you truly listen to the album cover song, that Zysin5 is so happily expressing, you'll see that it's not devil worship, but a warning.
Have a good day/night all, and peace and love to you all.
Jamai_vu2012

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

To the Original Poster
You are morally to call anyone elses religion evil
i dont care who you are
You obviously unaware that to Muslims Allah is just the arabic word for god just like agua is water in spanish.
please dont spam this website with your garbafe ideaoligies

Have A nice DAy

link   

To the Original Poster
i dont care who you are
You obviously unaware that to Muslims Allah is just the arabic word for god just like agua is water in spanish.

Have A nice DAy

link   

To the Original Poster
i dont care who you are

Have A nice DAy

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
To the Op
So in other words the only way for America to get back onto God's good side is for every man woman and child to believe in your twisted version of christianity? That makes complete sense. Other than being completely impossible to change an entire countries religion without some sort of overthrow of government and American ideals, taking away the freedom to choose really seems like an odd choice this far into a countries development. So in other words, I guess America is screwed.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The original idea of freedom of religion has been corrupted into the vile version accepted today.

UH Huh, and exactly how is blowing up 10.000 innocent people not vile? Or blowing up school children, or hospitals?

Your skewed version of vile religion is all a matter of perspective. I am not religious, I have stated this many times, but I accept all people and their FREEDOM to believe what they want to believe. Does that make me vile as well? I do not drink even though I'm half irish (you figure that one out??), no drugs, never smoked. I only have a bad habit of drinking too much coca cola. I obey the laws, clean record, college student, avid ATS reader/participater.

Now, if everyone in this country is vile, then that makes me vile too. If that is so, then what pray tell does that make you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join