It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's 911 warning to the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
SR

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
why I fight fundamentalist on these threads, too many people judging or "detesting" Christianity because they think this type of person (the Op) represents any legitimate form of it.

Good catch re22666.....fight on

Define legitimate? by whos standards........God's or man's? Never said I was "christian"..........few are worthy of being called "christian" because few walk in his footsteps...............especially today................

So i take it you keep slaves, don't eat shellfish and shrimp and only wear cotton and flax clothing.

Like your good book says and states as the standards to follow.

+10 brownie point if you don't eat pork either.

Or are you just another high and mighty hypocrite deluding themselves and passing judgement on others?

Now who cast the first stone.......

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to be a representative of the westboro baptist church would you? If not, maybe you should look them up, sounds like you have a lot in common.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

I had the same thought. Very similiar rhetoric. The OP might be very interested to meet the 90 or so people that will be going to heaven while the rest of the 6.5 billion will be going to hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thankyou for your contribution to this thread. You did alot of digging for bible versus, something that should of been done earlier in this thread. I agree with you, and the statements of the OP are not actually the true Christianity. God is love, not wrath.

For any non-believers reading this thread: Whatever idea's the OP has said about Christianity are twisted and wrong. Our God is supposed to be a loving God.
He DID NOT cause 9/11.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey Re,
Your last posting that mentioned me and my beliefs....left me confused as heck. What were you saying? or more importantly what were you saying I was saying?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

So now God was the mastermind who pulled off 9-11?

That's it! Definitive proof. Maybe God is building WMD's in the clouds? We need to bomb heaven to assert our dominance over this "rogue deity."

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Res Ipsa: I'd like to know more about this "Consistent Christianity". It sounds like a good thing so far.

---------------------------

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

TheRedneck

....Consistent Christianity is not for the faint of heart my friend. It may be more inclusive then you would be comfortable with.

I included your 2 commandments because that and defining God as Love it encompasses the entire Consistent Christian denomination. I have, I believe, an answer for every moral question. Evil is easily defined. Hell is easily defined. There is not a single contradiction in the CC denomination.

I will give you an example of why it is uncomfortable for many Christians.................................

Lets say you read a book about 911 (topic of this thread) here are the facts portrayed in the book; 1) it happened Sept. 11th 2002. 2) George Bush Sr. was President 3) there were 10 planes involved. 4) Iraq was responsible 5) over 300 people lost their lives that day 6) two huge skyscrapers were destroyed in Chicago. 7) It was a day that changed the world.
Now, I bet you anything that we could find people to disagree on the number of correct statements I made, easily. Most of you would not have any problem what so ever....editing this. or pointing out what is true and what isn't. what is fact and what is opinion. Nobody would criticize you for "picking and choosing" nobody would accuse you of "believing just what you want to believe"
The Bible is such a book. There are truths. There are lessons. There are man made edicts to control the ignorarnt masses. If you understand the nature of God then you will have an easier time picking out the wheat among the weeds........Many "Christians" just freak with this notion of picking and choosing or that the Bible could possibly have "wrong" things in it....after all....IT IS THE WORD OF GOD......not so much.
-------------
But anyway.....if you think you can stump me on any issue or Christian hypocrisy.....throw it at me, after all.....it is Consistent Christianity that I am defending.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

But anyway.....if you think you can stump me on any issue or Christian hypocrisy.....throw it at me, after all.....it is Consistent Christianity that I am defending.

This would be a great idea for a thread. I would be very interested to read that debate.
Edit: to make this a two line post

[edit on 9-8-2008 by harvib]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
what do you guys think if the world had no religion?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To the original poster. God's covenant is only with the House of David. Which is a biological and spiritual reality, while US of America is a legal concept. US of America propertly defined has nothing at all to do with God or his convenant. By becoming a citizen of America for example, does not make you a citizen of the House of David. It is true the Head of the Household of David does live in America, is an American citizen and America is protected by him.

In short God doesn't care about American laws, customs, traditions or history. It is irrelevent. You want gays to marry what does he care. America allows other religions to practice, what does he care. He made no convenant with any of those people anyway; Only David.

As far as your accusation that the House of David is corrupted and no longer in protected by God; You are wrong. The people that are being attacked and killed in this world everday are not the Convenant people, but instead are the ones who have no God, have a false God, and those that don't even know what it means to have a God for whatever reason.

David's kids will be just fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave77
what do you guys think if the world had no religion?

Do you mean some sort of Soviet style genocide and an athiest world?

If so, I think that the religious people should also be able to take with them all that they have contributed to the world throughout history. I think in a world without religion, you'd have a world of animals, feral humans amoung them, that eat and live in filth, communicate by grunts and hoots. and live even shorther less meaningful lives than they already do.

A world without religion would be a large zoo.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

This would be a great idea for a thread. I would be very interested to read that debate.
Edit: to make this a two line post

[edit on 9-8-2008 by harvib]

Dude, could you imagine the torching I would get from every Bible Thumper not to mention the anti-religion, and anti-God people as well.
I would have people wasting thread space with cut and paste 8000 character long Bible quoting posts. If I could take one question at a time thrown at me, I could hang, but people ask a one liner and then add 600 lines answering their own question according to their own beliefs.
....the idea intrigues me a bit because I haven't gotten a question I couldn't answer but then we would have threads popping up left and right about how "they" have all the answers...and "their" religion is right......
I only claim that I have a Consistent Christian doctrine that will not contradict anything proven in history and will not have any inconsistencies.
.......So, I don't think starting a thread outlining the Consistent Christian doctrine would be such a great idea...but like I said, hit me with a tough question and I will have an answer. Do you want to know what Hell is? Where it is? Who goes? What Evil is? Why we are here? Why Jesus came?....I have it. ( according to the CC doctrine)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You sound like a nut- realistically, you've polluted the idea of religion into a wrong and right scenario like most overly religious nuts.

The only prophecy you could possibly have is how much you've lost your mind.

I ask, are you sane currently?

You live once, better to live on your own terms, than off someone elses as well buddy- sounds like that garbage was passed down to you from generation to generation.

Break free my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The teachings I personally adhere to are based on what I consider a 'holistic' view of the Bible. The messages must be taken in context, and I believe they mean exactly what they say in that context, and as written, not as translated in some linguistic convenience.

I believe I have somehow gotten the reputation as one of the Bible-thumpers you mention here. In my personal view, I am far from such. I actually envy those who have more knowledge of Jewish/Israeli custom and tradition than I have. Most if not all of the Bible was written for the nation of Israel, while the book was also passed on to the Gentiles (of which I am a member) after the Jews got first crack at the good news. Therefore, knowledge of those to whom the teachings were directed are vital to a thorough understanding of the meaning.

Now if that made me uncomfortable with Consistent Christianity, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time I have been asked to leave a church because my views are difficult. I have no problem speaking my mind (duh!
) when confronted with something I disagree on. But that also does not mean that every word I type is somehow unarguable fact. It might mean that I would not enjoy being a member of your particular denomination, but it also means that I would enjoy learning more about it. Your performance on this thread, IMHO, has been exemplary, and I would enjoy debating the different issues with you.

With that in mind, I second the motion to start a thread about it. Yeah, you'll get some flames, but surely you're used to that. We are talking religion here.

TheRedneck

[edit on 9-8-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i hate it when people like u post ur hate filled bull#, consider what sanctity u represnt next time u write a message in this space. if u think jesus would not want 2 homosexuals to experience love then u are deluded. y would he condem an act of love? i knew christ at one time in my life and i tell u now he is not found within the hebrew bible, but in prayer. the old testament is exactly that, an OLD TESTAMENT, and it has been proven undoubtably that 99 percent of it was written like a book. it obeys literal styles. judgement shall be passed and i cant really see chirst condeming two people who have lived a good life to eternal hellfire. god loves all people gay ones 2 and when u die if u want to go to heaven u will have to spend the rest of eterntiy with a few lol

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Dude, could you imagine the torching I would get from every Bible Thumper not to mention the anti-religion, and anti-God people as well.

It would certainly be a very active thread. It would be interesting none the less save the pages of post regarding how religion sucks etc.

Do you want to know what Hell is? Where it is? Who goes? What Evil is? Why we are here? Why Jesus came?....I have it. ( according to the CC doctrine)

Yes to all of the above. I love theology and am curious of your doctrines interpretation.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Love your version of GOD, hateful and spiteful. I say kill all the religious folk, send them to thier GOD so we don't have to suffer through thier crap

Riggs,

You are confusing spite and hate in this instance with justice. You know what justice is don't you?

The OP has alot of courage starting this thread and he gets my vote.

We are all just a heartbeat away from the truth. Sadly, for most the truth is going to be very terrifying.. beyond their wildest dreams.

As far as the 'one true religion'? Jesus said -I- am the truth, the way, AND the life-NO ONE comes unto the Father except by -ME-.

Jesus also said that He was the word made flesh so you can't divorce what he said from Him.

Believe it or not.. No sweat here.

I believe in Jesus and the Bible because of a personal conviction that came about because of a bad car accident and a dark spiritual experience.. I had a VERY frightening revelation of hell. Believe me, I thought I knew what fear was but was I wrong, it took me a year to get to where I am now.

Believe what you want but at your own peril. We will all die and dying time is truth time. I suggest you figure it out now while you have the chance because when you step out of your body that choice will no longer be available.

Php 2:11 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

He wasn't kidding boys and girls.

Have you really ever seriously wondered about the "what" Jesus is saving us from?

And to steer more closely to topic, I do believe 911 was indeed a wake up call from the Lord Himself. I will elaborate on this more later when I have the time. And what about David's kids being fine? Give me a break.

God didn't even spare Israel from judgment in the past, what makes you think He doesn't care what America is doing now? This nation WILL be judged corporately for it's sins. You can take that to the bank.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ViewFromTheStars

You are confusing spite and hate in this instance with justice. You know what justice is don't you?

Ok, maybe you can clear things up for me then. Did god truly create all? And is he truly omnipotent and omniscient.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Ok, maybe you can clear things up for me then. Did god truly create all? And is he truly omnipotent and omniscient.

Of course He created it all.. Yes.. He is indeed omnipotent and omniscient. So much so that we can't get our feeble minds around Him.. He makes that perfectly clear in the Bible, that is why we must accept Him by faith. Don't forget however, He has a NAME.

Go read Job very thoughtfully and carefully and get back to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Here is the part I don't understand. If he created all and is all powerful and all knowing he must have known before creating some of us that we would reject his "word" (as you see it). Did he make a mistake? Impossible if he is all knowing and all powerful. Was it intentional? Why then would we be subjected to eternal damnation for what he purposefully created?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join