It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's 911 warning to the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Then why do you ignore his teachings? If you love Christ then do the commandments and believe he IS the son of God. America is free to worship whoever, BUT, if we continue to ignore the commandments, God will lift our blessings

Why do you ignore Buddha’s teachings or Muhammad’s or any other supposed incarnated deity? What has you convinced that your paradigm is the truth and all others are wrong? Interpretation of scripture varies as widely as the colors of the rainbow. Why are you so convinced your interpretation is correct? Is it possible you have misinterpreted scriptures? Is it possible you yourself have been manipulated by the so called anti-Christ in order to hate and support death and destruction on those of different faiths? Please enlighten me...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by harvib]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Homosexuality is not a creation from God. It is a choice that an individual makes. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you decide to write anything else. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
I'm sorry, but those bible versus that you quoted seems only to prove me point being: God is not here to condemn us, but to love us, seen in the verse Matt 5:17 as you quoted. So, how does this show that God is here to hurt us, do bad things to us, punish us? God lets us suffer the consequences of our actions as I said before, not because he wanted to, but because from the beginning of time, he granted us the "gift" of free choice. Without that, there wouldn't even be sin, but there was. Adam and Eve chose to eat the apple, and so, God didn't hurt them, but instead they suffered the consequences of their actions. God clearly outlined what would happened long time beforehand if they did eat from the tree, but they did it anyway. Honestly, how can you not get it?

First of all.....evil existed before adam and eve........hence the tree of knowledge of "good and evil"........

Next......God does punish and always has........example......why have his chosen people been scattered to the 4 winds? Punishment for abandoning his laws............He tried everything..........including destroying the entire planet once before.........then he sent his "son" to die a horrible death for us to repent and be saved..........yet..........in revelations billion will die and NOT take the salvation offered...........God does punish rebellion against his will and law...........he is giving man every oportunity to come back to his law........then he will destroy what's left..........

America has left the "safe zone"..............Sept 11th was one more warning........yet america did not repent of its evil ways.............

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
Why do you ignore Buddha’s teachings or Muhammad’s or any other supposed incarnated deity? What has you convinced that your paradigm is the truth and all others are wrong? Interpretation of scripture varies as widely as the colors of the rainbow. Why are you so convinced your interpretation is correct? Is it possible you have misinterpreted scriptures? Is it possible you yourself have been manipulated by the so called anti-Christ in order to hate and support death and destruction on those of different faiths? Please enlighten me...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by harvib]

There is only ONE way to eternal life.........the faith of Jesus and keeping the commandments.......

The are many false prophets............MANY................

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Next......God does punish and always has........example......why have his chosen people been scattered to the 4 winds? Punishment for abandoning his laws............He tried everything..........including destroying the entire planet once before.........then he sent his "son" to die a horrible death for us to repent and be saved..........yet..........in revelations billion will die and NOT take the salvation offered...........God does punish rebellion against his will and law...........he is giving man every oportunity to come back to his law........then he will destroy what's left..........

America has left the "safe zone"..............Sept 11th was one more warning........yet america did not repent of its evil ways.............

first of all, more people die in car accidents every year, did god send Ford to punish us too?

anyway, look at what you just said. god has punished us brutally over and over and over and over for rejecting his love. he sounds more like a psycho stalker ex lover than an all loving god dont you think. apparently, man wants to stray. god isnt getting it and is just waiting until his next chance to kill off more nonbelievers? wow it sounds better and better all the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

It is people like you who made me detest Christianity. I think you need to really sit down and read the bible without your fanatic thinking and you might see a more peaceful and loving god. Jesus would have never condoned the things you say.

re22666, You are absolutely right! I do the same thing but to keep people like MaMaa from being taken out by these fanatical ignorant intolerant fundamentalist...who claim they are Christian.

MaMaa, I didn't use your quote to say that you were directing at me but to use it as an example of just why I fight fundamentalist on these threads, too many people judging or "detesting" Christianity because they think this type of person (the Op) represents any legitimate form of it.

Good catch re22666.....fight on

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
why I fight fundamentalist on these threads, too many people judging or "detesting" Christianity because they think this type of person (the Op) represents any legitimate form of it.

Define legitimate? by whos standards........God's or man's? Never said I was "christian"..........few are worthy of being called "christian" because few walk in his footsteps...............especially today................

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There is only ONE way to eternal life.........the faith of Jesus and keeping the commandments.......

You avoided all of my questions. Why does your belief supersede the belief of another who believes that their path involves another deity?

The are many false prophets............MANY................

Who are these false prophets? Are you sure? If so how?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And yet he still can't:

[1] Get it right
[2] Figure out his creation of man is for crap.
[3] Learn from his past creations
[4] Is a masochist to keep creting the same suffering over and over
[5] All of the above.

Guess he's not so perfect after all !!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
First point....God didnt have a thing to do with 9/11....unless you consider Dick Cheney to be "God"...in which case you are already insane and beyond my reproach.

Great thread OP....it shows that one truly can be ignorant and delusional all at the same time

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

First of all.....evil existed before adam and eve........hence the tree of knowledge of "good and evil"........

Once again, have you not noticed that all God's punishment was in the old testament, BEFORE Jesus Christ died (like I said earlier). Between Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins [the only way for us to get to heaven] and the future judgement during tribulation as talked about in revelation, there is NO punishment from God. If you believe in Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, as any Christians should, then you are solely believing in the fact that all our sin was punished right there on the cross, past, present and future, all thanks to God's son, Jesus. You cannot argue with that.

If a Christian steals something from a store, and repents, God will forgive him. However, that thief will have to face the societal consequences, such as jail time or whatever. Your argument about God punishing America via 9/11 because of the sin in the United States is simply wrong. I too am disgraced by you calling yourself a Christian when you blasphemy against the same God I believe in.

Yes society is very bad in America, but no, God does NOT punish it. The cause and effect is in play. God does not punish promiscuous teens with STDs, but rather, they get them because it is what happens when you do that type of thing, and that is what the body develops.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Another question for you. Do you believe that your god is omniscient and omnipotent?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

why I fight fundamentalist on these threads, too many people judging or "detesting" Christianity because they think this type of person (the Op) represents any legitimate form of it.

Define legitimate? by whos standards........God's or man's? Never said I was "christian"..........few are worthy of being called "christian" because few walk in his footsteps...............especially today................

well, all you have done so far is generate animosity. is that what jesus wanted you to do? a very nice muslim gentleman is over my other shoulder saying some interesting things. i have two mormons here offering to clean up my yard if i will just hear what they have to say. and then there is you. screaming in my face that i am a sinner, my country is a dirty whore who changes her panties to please the fad of the day, i am being punished for my part in turning away from god, and blah blah blah blah. now it is easy to see who i am going to listen to.
i am sure then you will say, fine go, god will punish you.
right, that is my point, that is res ipsas point, jesus is in heaven saying what?
a-thats it, tell him he will be punished, make him angry and turn him farther from god.

or

b-hey, dude, chill out. show him what my love is all about and you might have a great ally.

we see which way you went.
now i worship the devil and am recruiting against you. and i was reading the bible when i came across this thread. but nope. now, satan, his minions, and I will do all we can to make america turn farther and farther from god. i hope you are pleased with yourself young man

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A Friendly Reminder.

This thread will remain on topic, "God's 911 warning to the US."

There will be no posting about any other member.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Seriously???? I need to define what is a legitmate Christian? I find it much easier to tell you what a Christian isn't.

You blow offr JC's teachings like they never existed. Why your big love for the OT? And.....you also want to get all symatical with me about "few are worthy of being called "christian"? Fine........

Nobody is a Christian......some of us that say we are Christians merely mean to say that we are at different levels of being a "practicing Christian" is it necessary to explain that to every person that asks us what religion we are? "Hi, my name is Res, I am a better than at other times practicing Christian all depending on my frame of mind and degree of spiritual alertness at any given moment"

So.....yes you proclaim to be a Christian. Care to renounce or something? I will listen to your confession.

Oh and the answer is God's standard.....but you have only provided a twisting of anything that might even resemble God's standard an created a twisted version that doesn't even rise to the level of man made standards which include tolerance and justice ,to name a few. You just are all.....Jihadist thinking.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Misfit

Typical rewritting of actual history.........nice try but typical out of context BS.

try reading about the real jefferson.......

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by heliosprime]

So a link from Geocities provides the "actual history" of the "real Jefferson," eh?

I have news for you. The real Thomas Jefferson took scissors to the bible and cut out snippets and then pasted them into a new book -- shortening the whole work down to about 46 pages. He even removed every miracle performed by Jesus.

You can read more about the real Thomas Jefferson here. (The LA Times)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Res Ipsa: I'd like to know more about this "Consistent Christianity". It sounds like a good thing so far.

---------------------------
MaMaa: Thank you for the below quote:

It is people like you who made me detest Christianity.

To the OP: STOP IT ALREADY!

Just stop! Do you not see what you are doing? Are you blind? I am tired of having to endure the anger against the name "Christian" that you are begetting from one end of the planet to the other. You spew hatred in the name of the One who loves us all the most, and in doing so, you take the name of the Lord in vain.

The purpose of Christians, as decreed by Jesus Himself, is to spread the "gospel", that is, the good news of salvation. You spread hatred and resentment and evil, as does your father Satan. How exactly will your post bring others to know Christ? How exactly will the garbage you spew serve to fulfill that the gospel will be preached throughout the world? Your words only make it harder and more dangerous for missionaries everywhere, since they come up against this crazy notion that the Christian God is some mean old man in the sky throwing lightning bolts (and now airplanes) at His children.

With apologies to everyone else, I leave you with a few select Bible verses that I suggest you think on. Please pay special attention to the last one, because it is talking about you.

Isaiah 54:9

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Matthew 22:35-40

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:35

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luke 6:36-37

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Luke 6:41-42

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

Luke 17:1-2

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

----------------------

To everyone else: please understand that when I proudly proclaim myself as a Christian, I am not, I repeat not aligning myself in any way, shape, form, or fashion with any of the vile hatred and deceit the OP has posted here. Thank you for understanding that (in the fervent hopes that you do).

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

11Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

www.biblegateway.com...

America is made up of the lost tribes of Israel, and since it has been banning God from schools, allowing homosexual marriage, allowing vile leaders (clinton) to continue...........the actual Sept 11th attacks were just the begining.............

God has cursed america for straying from the commandments and allowing all sorts of vile sins to become popular "culture". By embracing "multiculturalisum" BS. By allowing idloitry such as buddisim, etc, to flurish.............for allowing islam to exist in america..........

Freedom of religion did not mean freedom of worship of false God's.......

Funny, how your god hates the same people you do.

Any infinite Being who feels it is their duty to torture me for eternity, should switch to decaf.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why must God be involved with everything? The only way religion is involved with 9/11 is: it was done in the name of religion and it lead to a holy war which lead to a poor invasion of a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.

God has nothing to do with 9/11 because your God is not real. It is a Myth like all other Gods. Get the F over it, Please.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join