It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"smiling angel in a wheelchair." Disabled Torch Bearer Becomes Chinese Hero

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Oh for gods sake, so when there is riots in San Fran and someone throws a rock the whole city deserves to be KILLED!!?

So when did this happen in China?. The mere throwing of stones caused a entire cities population to be killed?. I would love to see you provide some facts regarding the claim you made. In fact I dont even think you can provide a source stating that monks were killed because they threw stones at Chinese soldiers let alone the depopulation of a city.

Again FACE THE FACTS, the chinese government does horrible thing to its own country and even worse to the tibetans.

First you have to provide facts.

Im pretty sure the chinese stole tibetan land from them.

Stole what land?. If you mean Tibet as a location then no they didin't, that piece of property has been frought over for centuries. The land and people who ruled it have had a long history with China and its emperors. Much like the royalty of Europe who have intermarried Tibet and Chinese princess also intermarried and created alliances of the sort. Anyhow the current autonomous region of Tibet is an autonomous region which enjoys more freedom than a province in the east coast of China. Unlike Chinese rule which has left Tibetan culture and people intact the west conquered and destroy the indigenioius populations of the continents they inhabit which is one of the fundemental flaws in thier moral stance on the issue

And one last thing Sudan has chinese written all over it and so does many more problems that you dont seem to be taking notice to.

Sudan is a WESTERN created problem. When the west colonised Africa they created bounderies and countries of many different tribes of very DIFFERENT people and forced them to live with each other during the colonial period. Once they gained their freedom they have now turned on each other because they can't and never will be able to stand each other. The Fur and the people who make up the Janjaweed hate each other and always will be fighting until each get their seperate state and that is only because they were intially forced to live together by the west. This is almost a parallel to the Sunni, kurds and shiites in Iraq who also want to establish their own states.

China did not create the problem and only has provided aid AND PEACE KEEPERs backed by the UN. Why would it stop relations with Sudans government?. So it can be replaced by a equally ruthless one which the west can deal with?. Oh please, look from US foreign policy forays in Africa, South-east asia, South America and then come back to me with you moral dilema in Iraq first. You seem to have no problem living with American exploitation driving your current lifestyle based on this but now its someone else and you create a big hoo ha ha. Global politics is not perfect but China is not doing anything worst than any other country let alone the US which actively engages in geocide with their own soldiers in other countries

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Unlike Chinese rule which has left Tibetan culture and people intact the west conquered and destroy the indigenioius populations of the continents they inhabit which is one of the fundemental flaws in thier moral stance on the issue

Actually some reports coming out of Tibet make it clear the Chinese government is trying very hard to WIPE OUT Tibetan culture. I recall one in specific, small children in school were given an assignment, kill something and bring it to class. They would be given a few points for a fly, more points for a mouse, etc...

Of course the idea is to brainwash the children at a young age so they would be less inclined to follow the Bhuddist rules regarding the killing of sentient beings.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Most Americans on ATS know that we are doing messed up things in the rest of the world we want it to be fixed, we dont praise our government.
can you prove this? have you taken a poll? I don't agree with this statement.

I hate my government. You will never see me defend my country like the chinese defend theirs.
yes, we know, this is the problem with alot of American liberals, they hate the government and their COUNTRY.
hate the government, love your country and defend it to your death...or move to Canada.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
This thread has strangely moved to "ATS Skunk Works"

The false accusations hurled at that innocent man in Utah may have had something to do with it. Where is your buddy haiden? I hope my remarks and presentation of the facts surrounding the misidentification of the "hideous" torch snatching "Tibetan" did not land him in a Chinese prison.

Please don't judge the whole of the West on the words of some of my fellow ATSers. I for one hope for Africans to experience peace and prosperity and will gladly share the planet with them. The same goes for you Chinese. I also wish for the conflicts in Tibet to cease and for the Chinese government to realize that Tibetan culture is a precious treasure worth preserving.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Most Americans on ATS know that we are doing messed up things in the rest of the world we want it to be fixed, we dont praise our government.
can you prove this? have you taken a poll? I don't agree with this statement.

I hate my government. You will never see me defend my country like the chinese defend theirs.
yes, we know, this is the problem with alot of American liberals, they hate the government and their COUNTRY.
hate the government, love your country and defend it to your death...or move to Canada.

Man, you are just as delusional as the Chinese propagandists trying to exploit a minor incident involving the Olympic torch. Me and most of my American liberal cohorts LOVE America. We celebrate the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc. etc. The first statement above you ask for facts or a poll however you seem to have no problem making mass generalizations about your American brothers and sisters.

If you ask others for facts you should not be suprised when others request the same of you.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

yes, we know, this is the problem with alot of American liberals, they hate the government and their COUNTRY. hate the government, love your country and defend it to your death...or move to Canada.

Whoa who do you think you are? Why is it that you judge me? For your information I am not a Liberal nor am I a Conservative I hate both parties for what they have turned this country into. I will not love my country as long as it supports the bi-partisan government that I hate I will not defend or love it. I am a true American, There were several warning that George Washington gave to us one was Do not form a bi partisan government. He knew that if we did so (which we did) our focus would go from the country to the party (which it did) we are so caught up on what "our" party believes we dont do what is best for the country. He also told us not to get caught up in foreign affairs, and not to form loyalties to your state but to remain loyal to the country as a whole.

We DID NOT LISTEN to one of his warnings and guess what the country has gone down hill because of it. Did you know he gave us those warnings? I bet if you did you would feel the same way that I feel, this country isnt america, its not the country our Founding Fathers set up. They are all rolling in their graves because of what this country has become. It is everything that they faught against it is everything they tried to protect us against.

So dont tell me to love a country that the Founding Fathers would not love themselves.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by caballero]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
huh,the post was moved here.land me in chinese priosn?fat chance,we dont have those many of inmates as in some certain countris.chinese people as a whole dont have that much of prison experience as in some western countries,talking about prison,now the united states holds the world record for the number of inmates according to the amnecity international.

how many time do i have to tell you,i just post the information i came aross on the internet,and i clearly gave the source of that,when i found the contradictory articles,i myself also posted it and gave the link,it was not you who posted the the opposite report,it was me.if i want to hurl blame on innocent people why did i have to post the second one which contradicts the first one,it just dosent make any sense.

i usually stick to the topic and talk about the issues,not the forum users,and you did the opposite,ignoring the main post and targetting the people,ats doesnt have much rule on this,if you did that in some other forums,you would have been banned long time ago.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i am here to talk about issues ,not the people,here i found a lot of people,in stead of talking issues,they are really fond of talking other ats users.calling them shills,other governments agents or something,that's really ridiculous and very childish,huh.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by haidian
i am here to talk about issues ,not the people,here i found a lot of people,in stead of talking issues,they are really fond of talking other ats users.calling them shills,other governments agents or something,that's really ridiculous and very childish,huh.

I am glad you are open to further discussions. I am also glad that Jin has thrived despite her amputation in 1989. The Olympics are (in my mind) supposed to be about pure sport with a break from politics so I actually agree that protesting the Olympic flame procession was not a great idea.

My only problem I have made clear. That was my only problem with you and I sense that you understand so no more problems. Okay?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Actually some reports coming out of Tibet make it clear the Chinese government is trying very hard to WIPE OUT Tibetan culture.

From who?. The Tibetan government in exile????. They also claim that Tibet is now a depopulated waste land full of Han Chinese. They claim 1.2 million have died from 1950-59 from a population of 1,273,969. This means that China killed every Tibetan alive and somehow 100,000+ managed to flee to India???. This is the same Tibetans who released photoshoped pictures and other pictures pretending to show something it did not.

They claim Chinese soldiers were the ones which created the riots by dressing up as monks which they then presented a photograph of MOVIE EXTRAs and tried to pass it off as the real thing.

Of course the idea is to brainwash the children at a young age so they would be less inclined to follow the Bhuddist rules regarding the killing of sentient beings.

I would love to see some proof of that. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. That did a lot of good when Tibetans murdered 10 people during the march 14th riots or the rebellion of 1959 or the fact that Tibetans were one of the most war-like people in Asia.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
keep it up and see who really cares when all the world leaders gathered in beijing,that one will be the most successful olympics down in the history.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join