It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"smiling angel in a wheelchair." Disabled Torch Bearer Becomes Chinese Hero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Jin Jing, a 27 year-old amputee and Paralympic fencer has been called the "angel in a wheelchair" .

at the paris leg torch relay,a hideous tibetan separatist savagely attacked her and tried to wrestle the torch from her,she valorously defended the torch just like defending her own life.when the news arrived in china,the whole nation poured great admiration and appreciation for her,overnight she becomes a hero among one fifth of the humanity. hats off to her!

later after that she commented"this torch is just as precious as my life,i would rather lose my life than losing it.

what a scum attacking a disabled girl,a despicable being.

after the scuffle

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

French President Nicholas Sarkozy on Monday invited disabled Chinese torchbearer Jin Jing - who has become a national celebrity for defending the Olympic torch from Tibet secessionists during the Paris leg of its relay - to visit France again.

Sarkozy's invitation was delivered in a letter presented to Jin by French Senate President Christian Poncelet soon after he arrived in Shanghai for a week-long visit to China.

"I would like to express to you my shock at the way you were attacked in Paris on April 7 when you were holding the Olympic flame. You showed outstanding courage, which honors you, and your country," Sarkozy was quoted as saying in the letter.

"To make up for the pain you have suffered, I sincerely invite you to France in the near future as my friend and a friend of the French people."

Sarkozy said he once again expresses "strong condemnation of such despicable action".

"What happened in Paris has engendered a feeling of bitterness in your country. I want to assure you that the incidents that were brought about by a few people on that sad day don't reflect the feelings of my fellow countrymen for the Chinese people,"

French Senate President Christian Poncelet hands over President Nicolas Sarkozy's sympathy note to Chinese torchbearer Jin Jing

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't see how that nutjob was able to get so close to her with all that protection she had around her. in that first picture i can just hear that swat guy in black screaming like a nine yeard old little girl!

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I don't see how that nutjob was able to get so close to her with all that protection she had around her.

sad to say french securities should be partly blamed for that,that's why right after this event,a huge anti france sentiment flared up across china,many people call on the people to boycott french products,carrefour was the prime target,and i drive a french PEUGEOT car,i was also kinda scared during that time,later on,some french senior diplamats hurried to beijing and did a lot of fence mending job.it is ok now.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i watched the opening ceremony last night and i have to admit it was AWESOME! absolutely the best i have seen. and i feel sorry for the country that has to do it next time, they have a very high bar to reach.

I think the Chinese olympic ceremony will go down in history as the best ever.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What a blindingly obvious propaganda job. Cute girl... ahhhh... no leg, boohoo, HIDEOUS pro tibetan independence manifestor... BOOOO!

Oh please...

I'm sick of this crap.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
What a blindingly obvious propaganda job. Cute girl... ahhhh... no leg, boohoo, HIDEOUS pro tibetan independence manifestor... BOOOO!

Oh please...

I'm sick of this crap.

yeah...wow..too bad IT IS ALL TRUE!

whacko

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
thank you Fathom for your kind comment,for the openning ceremony,i found most people really love it,i have resvervation on that and i dont like that director zhangyimou,what a farmer he is. and china is still a developping country,that ceremony is too extravagant,it is like burning money.should always keep in mind that we still have thousands of quake victims to take care of.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Cute girl... ahhhh... no leg, boohoo,

what a heartless comment,what if your family members were crippled,would you say the same?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some have been. And you missunderstood what I meant with my post. If anything she was a victim. And yes, I do realise it was a real event, I just assume it was premeditated and staged, being another in a long line of staged events designed to manipulate and indeed form public opinon.

I was satirizing the average public response to the event, those that would associate subconsciously the personal tragedy of the athlete and the agression she was victim with the tibetan liberation movement, and thus be manipulated.

I assure you I am by no means a wacko, and this propaganda is more or less transparent.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Some have been. And you missunderstood what I meant with my post. If anything she was a victim. And yes, I do realise it was a real event, I just assume it was premeditated and staged, being another in a long line of staged events designed to manipulate and indeed form public opinon.

I was satirizing the average public response to the event, those that would associate subconsciously the personal tragedy of the athlete and the agression she was victim with the tibetan liberation movement, and thus be manipulated.

I assure you I am by no means a wacko, and this propaganda is more or less transparent.

ok, well then who, in your opinion, staged this event? the Chinese government? it would be interesting to get more information on the nutjob that attacked the girl. was he chinese military? ex military? ex police???

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
it was an manipulated and staged plot??first time to hear that?do you have any proof to say that?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
from the information provided by overseas chinese students,we could find the very detailed information about that guy.

name姓名:Lobsang Gendun
a typical tibetan name,chinese translation is 洛桑.干丹

it is not right to reveal too much information about that guy,so i took out some numbers,you can find more detailed one on the internet.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by haidian]

Mod Edit: its not right to reveal much at all even if its all over the net eh?

[edit on 8/9/08 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm assuming it was staged or at the very least blown out of proportion. I do however incline to it being staged, as I have a hard time accepting that a legitimate liberation movement would try publicity stunts by attacking disabled athletes, it's just too stupid.

As to the who... who knows? It's probably intended to stir passions and create hatred between populations, be it tibetan and chinese, be it chinese and the west... these things usually function at multiple levels, but going up the ladder you usually end up with elitists that pursue global agendas.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
huh,you assume,you can always turn a blind eye to whatever you dont like to see,that guy is a tibetan,forget about he has a tibetan name,even by just look at him people can easily tell that,so you think he is a tibetan guy working for chinese government?

and how can it be possibly blown out of proportion since the whole event,every details were shown on tv that people around the world can see it clearly with their own eyes.none is so blind as those who wont see.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haidian

don't let them bother you, they will see a conspiracy anywhere.
there was no reason to stage this.
i take it for what it was, a courageous young lady in a wheelchair totally owning some ugly tibetan nutjob!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You guys do realise where you're posting this particular news item don't you? Of course we see conspiracies everywhere, they have been a constant through all of recorded history. To me it reeks of propaganda, sorry if you can't stomach it. I'm not even taking sides, it just seems phoney to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
huh,maybe this whole world,your whole life is a conspiracy.who knows..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

lobsang gendun in Salt Lake City
Track stories about lobsang gendun in Salt Lake City with outside.in Radar Utah

man faces firestorm after being mistaken as torch snatcher Salt Lake Tribune - April 17, 2008 Posted: 6:51 AM

- For days, Lobsang Gendun has been staying in a hotel, avoiding his telephone and trying to duck an Olympic firestorm that he had no part in creating. »

big shame on him,eh

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join