It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Real Vampires Exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have made a thread about this

Vampires get their teeth into US public

its very possible

plausible like the lochness monster or aliens

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Traditional Bram Stoker vampires are less possible than Nessie. It isn't physically possible. I posted a long drawn out comment explaining all of the medical reasons why a human can't become a vampire before. It simply isn't possible. Another species, aliens yeah. Maybe they could. But a human digestive system would have to be totall reconstructed and an average male vamp would have to drain 18 humans dry per day to live. Not to mention the 100s of other medical reasons they can't exist. But I think if 500 people were disappearing or dying in an area in a month then it would be newsworthy.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I found this site completely by accident. I only read two post and joined so I could tell the guy that wrote this load of crap what a complete morron he is. The word VAMPIRE comes from Serbia, but the root of the word no one knows. But I can tell you that in all my years of research and study that it is not coined from a savage warrior.

There are no immortal blood drinkers, there are however, groups of people that continue the habit of drinking fresh blood to full fill a voodooistic ritual.

The term Vampire was coined for a savage warrior that would drink the blood of his enemy. The warrior would feel empowered with the "life force" of his enemy.

This trait can also be seen in "virgin hunters" who are instructed by their elders to drink a cup of blood from their first kill (deer, elk etc) in many abarigional tribes.

As well as in south american countries were soldiers will drink the blood of a snake as condition of fearlessness in battle.

IMO there are no classical forms of the "vampire" within the population on earth.
And this;
The warrior would feel empowered with the "life force" of his enemy.
This trait can also be seen in "virgin hunters" who are instructed by their elders to drink a cup of blood from their first kill (deer, elk etc) in many abarigional tribes.
What b movie did you get this load from?! You are an idiot.

The second post that I read was made by someone named Chris.
Chris, there is physical evidence that vampires do or at least did exist.

lewisnightvampire.freeforums.org...
Allure of the Vampire
A new forum I created to inform those who wish to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe more in Psychic Vampires as opposed to the body needing other's blood to survive(beyond blood transfusions). Sure they can exist if subculture wise(and I'm not talking about Twilight kids!) you practice blood letting/drinking(minus true Porphyria). On a more Lamia as an example, demonic note, maybe. But less so as Porphyria, as reports are not conclusive. Though we just may not know...
edit on 3-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: more info.

edit on 3-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Well classify a "real" vampire. Is a "real" vampire an immortal being? or someone who drinks blood, because i'm sure your more likely to find one than the other.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So someone who lives forever. Needs blood And can not go out in the day.?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Of course they do not exist. Physiologically impossible and without any sort of empirical evidence. It is a bit of folklore that has evolved into a societal trend that is fun for some and a bit of an obsession for others.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Originally posted by Zul007

Originally posted by hesphastus
It may get exagerated thru the years but i comes from
somewhere

"Efthimiou supposed that the first vampire arrived Jan. 1, 1600, when the human population was 536,870,911. Assuming that the vampire fed once a month and the victim turned into a vampire, there would be two vampires and 536,870,910 humans on Feb. 1. There would be four vampires on March 1 and eight on April 1. If this trend continued, all of the original humans would become vampires within two and a half years and the vampires' food source would disappear."

heres a thought according to legends you don't become a vampire just because one bit you you become a vampire if they choose to 'sire' you
which consists of draining you of most of your blood then feeding you some of their's

However, that is a 20th Century addition to the myth. Folklore tends to follow the "if you are killed by a vampire, you will become one" sort of thing. The roleplaying games and Hollywood are what most of the vampire fans think of, but really those things are not much like the original folklore.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I do not believe that vampires exist.

But i do believe that some sadistic people may believe they are a vampire and feed on the blood of other humans.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Vampires are a metaphor for the social and psychological effects of immortality.

There arent any vampires yet... but there soon will be. Id say in less than 10 years. When the concept of death flees from humanity you will then find these mythological figures have alot to teach us about ourselves.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay I think that vampires and such are based on real things. I know that there are people who practice vampirism, and I am not sure what effect that has had on them physically.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join