It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Real Vampires Exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Cassie,

You may find this site of use - it includes such 'classic' vampires as Peter Plogojowitz and Arnold Paul, as well as Vlad Tepes and Elizabet Bathory. If you are interested in such things, may I sugges a visit to Transylvania (Yes, it really exists). I went there in 1987 just before the Romanian revolution. It was a very spooky place. And Bran Castle was amazing. (It was occupied by Vlad at one point).

Historical Vampires

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I saw something on the discovery channel the other day about vampire bars, etc.. and drinking some sort of animals blood, and they explained the people they tested were anemic(lack of iron) and craved the blood because there body was actually low, the dr also said the mojority of anemic people also some pregnant woman will crave dirt instead. Always wondered why when I took an iron pill that I burped up a dirt taste. ewww..

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There are no immortal blood drinkers, there are however, groups of people that continue the habit of drinking fresh blood to full fill a voodooistic ritual.

The term Vampire was coined for a savage warrior that would drink the blood of his enemy. The warrior would feel empowered with the "life force" of his enemy.

This trait can also be seen in "virgin hunters" who are instructed by their elders to drink a cup of blood from their first kill (deer, elk etc) in many abarigional tribes.

As well as in south american countries were soldiers will drink the blood of a snake as condition of fearlessness in battle.

IMO there are no classical forms of the "vampire" within the population on earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really believe in vampires.

But I know that people "live" like vampires.

There was a special on TLC or Discovery that showed a "society" of people who lived as "vampires." They all had had dental work to get fangs, they bite each other to "drink" blood, and they lived during the night. I highly doubt that any of them were immortal, just some people who wished they were.

I think if you are that passionate about something, then go for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's hard to make comments without scoffing at those who throw themselves into the lifestyle full time, with the expensive dental caps and sometimes adapting a completely nocturnal lifestyle.

But is it really so different from the wives who decorate their houses in the cutesy-farmy-country decor? Punks? Preps? Etc? Not really, methinks.

The idea of vampirism loaded with dark mystery, elegance, savagery, and sensuality. I could see one cleaving to such an ideal, although I myself do not.

I say if it works for you and harms none, knock yourself out! But as for real vampires? Aside from the Blood Lords who gained notoriety such as Vlad The Impaler and Elisabeth Bathory, my vote is gonna be a no. Blood Rituals? Sure. Honest to God Need-Human-Blood-To-Survive Vampires? Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I haven't seen any vampires that look like the classical Hollywood style vampires. I have read about vampires called psychic vampires. Apparently these so called vampires may not even be considered vampires in the ordinary sense most people think about. They may go to church and live an ordinary life except for one little difference. They can absorb energy from their surroundings to supplement their own. Of course the more you read, the more you wonder how much of this is a fictional story someone thought of to explain a weird circumstance that happened once or twice? I read some information about one group and only a true weirdo claims he is immortal unless you're talking about the soul after your body dies away. I think many of these people just don't want to be normal like everyone else or may be trying to explain something unusual that happened to them. In any case it can be interesting to read all the weird stuff posted but I certainly wouldn't believe everything you read.

There seems to be a lot more people doing vampire fantasy role playing than there are actually claiming to be real vampires. According to some, it's so easy to be a psychic vampire that you could be one and not even know it. I think it might be hard to prove someone is draining energy or absorbing energy through the air. I think some would call me an psychic or energy vampire if I told them I felt energized while a thunderstorm was overhead. They might claim I was absorbing the energy of the storm. I think most people can feel an energy boost from the negative ions the storm generates.
I might also get excited or energized knowing it's finally raining after the grass is brown from being in a severe drought.

If someone seems to be draining the life out of you at a party or social event, someone might call that person an energy vampire. I think some people have a good imagination. However a good imagination can be fun to play with. Many people do need something to fantasize about other than their humdrum day to day life.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I must say after pondering on it for a bit I can say I do NOT believe in vampires, to an extent that is. New Orleans is a very odd place where a lot of odd things happen, a lot of things you really don't want to be involved with. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cult/group like vampires down there that practice some odd stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
Sure, in a way I believe that they exist. There have been reports of them in New Orleans.
Just to beat A LOT of people to the punch, I doubt they flocked there after Anne Rice's novels.
If you have ever been to New Orleans, you can back me up on the fact that weird stuff goes on there. I remember being only 8 years old and going through the VOODOO museum.

keep in mind that New Orleans has a very high populace of African Americans

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Lol XD, vampires do exist, but they are not i'mmortal in a way that they can live 1000 years or more .....

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Hello!
Hopefully this will clarify your questions of vampires:

www.sanguinarius.org...

I would explain it all myself but there is just not enough characters for this I certainly do not have the time. And may I ask if any of the people who commented this thread have personally met someone claiming to be a vampire? If so I would very much like to know their...erm... opinion of what exactly they are and how they have come to be it.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
YES there is. I am one. I'll give you as much info as you want. SEND me a u2u.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Vampires are very real, and New Orleans is an epicenter for them. During the flood- this footage was taken by cnn and shown only once, but some alert people had recorded it and it is now posted on Youtube. If this dont make you believe then nothing will!
www.youtube.com...

Hows that for creepy?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes, vampires exist. Not very shocking. Fine someone around the age of 13-14, and they wont believe you about vampire. But ask them if they have at one point, and theyll say yes. In my opinion, there might have been a vampire attack at one point of time, and the story has been told from generation to generation. Eventually the government was told to keep this a 'conspiracy.' But Bush knows there are vampires out there, oh yeah. Why else would he let vampire hunters run around and kill? If he didnt believe that they were killing vampires, hed put them in jail for killing a person. I know vampires. Alot of them. My best friend has been recently bitten, and shes not sure if shes a vampire or not. &+ vampires are trying to kill her, and I got myself involved. Also, my best friend IS a vampire. I have like... 8 best friends. And the guy I like is a vampire. Im going to be a vampire, promise. Morgan, my vampiric friend, has sworn to bite me. My friend, haley, the one who is being chased by vampires, used to live in New Orleans. Thats where her first encounter happened. A late night, full moon, and a vampire happened to be hunting near by. She had cut her finger, and the vampire sensed blood. Next thing she knew, a creature with glowing red eyes, sharp as a blade teeth(with dripping blood), And pale skin was at her window trying to get in. She stayed awake for 5 months, and still has the vampire in her dreams. Not to say vampires are bad, not at all. We give them NO credit. Think about it, worse than a drug addiction. A need for blood. I dont think its Iron they need, But rather a 'soul' supplement. Its said in the bible that flesh can be eaten, but not blood of anything, because blood is where the soul is. In a christian perspective, to counteract that: The creator that has made seal and polar bear, cheetah and antelope, prey and predator, whos to say He didnt make vampire and human? Prey and predator? Of coarse, the vampires I know all hunt upon animals rather than humans. But there are alot of different vampires.

www.myspace.com/sharpee21896

Im not on here alot, so myspace me?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Vamps aren't all predators! And who says a vampire can't be a person! However, who EVER said turning was possible? You either are born one, or aren't at all, the last time I checked. Sorry to have to be the one to say such a thing to one so hopeful. What can these "vampires" you associate with DO, anyway? How would you even be sure they're real?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Human form immortal vampires do not exist. Creative fiction.
Aliens, or life forms from other solar systems or galaxies are possible.
Just for the simple fact that WE are here means that it is possible and likely that we are NOT Alone. The size of the universe is incomprehensible. The nearest star is how many light years away? How far is is a light year? How many stars are there? How many solar systems? Time is also a factor. The 4th dimension. What happened one billion years ago? What will be happening one billion years from now?
Food for thought. If only one person gets it, it'll be worth my writing this.
RC from Texas, USA

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Vampires do exist. They are not immortal as to say that they will not die if they get shot over and over, but they can live a very long time. Most vampires have learned to blend in with human society and adapt to human culture. Anyone could be a vampire, they just, somewhat, hide.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I dont believe in vampires at all.. All of this really started coming up when twilight came to theaters and little teanagers hands. I am a teanager and completely OBSESSED with twilight and the books but i hate it when people are like,"yea my friend told me the other day that she is a vampire and like she is going to bite me tom so like i can become one." I would just think.. If your friend was a vampire, they wouldnt go around telling people that. And she should not have been telling you since you obviously just ruined her secret. So anyways.. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN VAMPIRES.

(ps. Even though it would be nice to have my own personal Edward Cullen.
)

Hope i Helped..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join