It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait Goes On 'War Alert' As Massive US Armada Heads For Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

"Dick Cheney recently mentioned that he wanted U.S troops to disguise themselves up as being Iranian troops, and kill Iranian soldiers"

I would like very much to see a credible link to sources for this bit of info here please. I find that very hard to swallow.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

It came from a Pulitzer prize-winning and highly credited journalist, Seymour Hersh:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance

"Dick Cheney recently mentioned that he wanted U.S troops to disguise themselves up as being Iranian troops, and kill Iranian soldiers"

I would like very much to see a credible link to sources for this bit of info here please. I find that very hard to swallow.
Thanks,
Vance

Keith Olbermann also did a small blurb on it: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the links folks. Hadn't seen such a report before. And here is another line so I don't get in trouble for a simple thank you that consists of one line.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance

Thanks,
Vance

Hard to swallow? I guess you dont know Insaney.

There is much to learn about his dark ways. To start with, he took control of NORAD on 9/11 to make sure no fighters would be on the east coast of the United States. Makes it slightly easier to fly planes into buildings.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I see nothing, but good times ahead....I don't know why people are so edgy. The sooner the better....this may be the catalyst we need...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf

Here is another source. Just figured I would throw it out there. It seems Kuwait is taking this very seriously.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The US is not going to bomb Iran. Well at least not until Iran does something stupid. Israel will hit Iran long before we will. They have a valid reason to strike Iran right now. The US does not. Now if Iran lobs some rockets over Iraq then yes Iran is toast. The US will not even have to put troops in Iran. A massive air war will do a pretty good job of putting Iran 20 plus years behind. The idea that Iran can block the Gulf from oil moving is dumb. The US can and will blow any Iranian "Navy" boats out of the water. Easily.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I posted this last night... The best article I have read in a long while which
illuminated these current events like nothing else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think oil is Russia's motivator

Russia just came up recently in a big way...

Russia no longer needs Iran for pipe or sourcing

I believe Iran is now a strategic necessity for US sourcing and distribution.

Afghanistan , Iran ,Iraq

Georgia--- Russia

Iran---- US, UK, France

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
But how many times have we heard those words in conjunction with one another? Too many since our initial posturing towards Iran. Time after time, the United States Navy has had major surges in numbers towards Iran and nothing has ever happened. Everybody is so quick to assume the worst possible scenario and not look at the bluff record of the US, UK, and other allied forces.

Duh...

The intent has been made:

H.362 Naval Blockade of Iran

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I don't think it's that calculated. I think it's more "You're too close and being far too stupid to let this go any further." Yes, they may be showing their military might, but even in that scenario, don't you think they would drag an entire battalion into the conflict, at least a few more numbers than the supposed 10 percent they kicked down there to end the puny and irrational conflict. Especially with Georgia killing a reported 1400-1800 people almost overnight. Firing rapid artillery rounds on residential areas and blasting away at whatever moves.

I'm down with "intent" but let's call a spade a spade here.

I surely and absolutely hope you are correct... may this be a time I am way off base...

But I must after all...play out allpossible scenarios in my head...

I fancy that if..the sh hits the fan... i can be capable of, being aware of most situations prior to the average Joe and...get me and my kids the F out of dodge so to speak...

so... Cheers to you being right... and Cheers to me...being slightly paranoid and entertaining all possible scenarios...

I see you plan on bugging out like me.

I'd like to give you a heads up on the Russian Bombers
stationed in Cuba and Venezuela.

They carry a newer version of the KH-102.

www.globalsecurity.org...

paragraph 5 has the concerning details.

Warhead yield is around 200-300 kilo tons.

A lot of ppl see the old bombers as a bit of a joke,
but they are really just an old delivery truck for a
high tech package, a Nuclear Stealth Cruise Missile.

In the past something like this kicked off the Cuban
Missile Crisis, now most ppl are ho-hum who cares,
what is on TV ? Who is bimbo #7 porking this week ?

Well I am well prepared, and if you are smart you
will at least consider it as "possible"

Think of it as insurance.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

My other real point is... We in America have been going into these wars... without even needing a strategy...

I think the Russians are alot harsher than we are...there is no...PC in their military...

I see this as classic Russian Chess moves...

and we, aren't even playing Chess yet at all... we throw massive tech and hardware at things and ... show it on TV as a mini series...

If this is indication that the Russians are getting pissed ...

we better be prepared to THINK and not just play politcal games and bomb empty buildings... and make fancy names like shock and awe...lol

Shock and awe... is troops that wil bash heads in with a rifle but and line bodies up in the street... not have court cases over... poor treatment of the enemy and debate LOL if water boarding is torture or not...

In a real war...not that this has been fake.... but if Russia plays, their troops will not be... avoiding civilian casualties..for starters...

Your absolutely right about this being Russian Chess moves.

Former Ambassador to the UN Holbrooke said this would happen
about a year ago.

Holbrooke claims Russia setup Georgia

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I just wanted to toss in this thread link as a reminder...The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

Thanks for posting a completely off topic link which is nothing but some utopian propaganda.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Now if Iran lobs some rockets over Iraq then yes Iran is toast. The US will not even have to put troops in Iran. A massive air war will do a pretty good job of putting Iran 20 plus years behind. The idea that Iran can block the Gulf from oil moving is dumb. The US can and will blow any Iranian "Navy" boats out of the water. Easily.

Uhh... you think?

No one is debating whether or not America would be able to neutralise Iran if the sh*t hit the fan here.

Geez, why do people keep feeling the need to assert America's strength on these threads?
No one ever said "Iran is invincible" or "Iran will squash the US".. and yet some parrot always comes along and goes: "We'll wipe the floor with Iran!".

Well thank you for repeating the obvious.

I think most people can figure out for themselves that if Iran does anything openly hostile America wouldn't hold back from unleashing a storm over Iran.
Sheesh.

reply to post by WhatTheory

Thanks for posting a completely off topic link which is nothing but some utopian propaganda.

And thank you for not contributing as always!

You know there is BELOW Top Secret where you can freely post irrelevant nonsense all day long to your heart's content?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Kuwait Goes On 'War Alert' As Massive US Armada Heads For Iran

www.nworeport.com

Operation Brimstone (US/UK/French war games in the Atlantic preparing for a blockade of Iran and the likely resulting war) ended 1 week ago.

The lead US ship in these war games and its Carrier Group are now headed towards Iran along with the USS Ronald Reagan and its Carrier Strike Group from Japan.

Likely also under way is the USS Iwo Jima and its group, the UK HMS Ark Royal battle group, French naval assets and French fighter jets on-board the USS Theodore Roosevelt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It would appear that the Ark Royal is indeed under way. To England

Source

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Some people might have noticed a different flag flying at Mayport recently. That's because the naval base played host to the British Royal Navy's command ship HMS ARK Royal.

~ ~ ~

The aircraft carrier left Mayport Friday morning and headed back home to Portsmouth, England

One of those news stories is wrong!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
And thank you for not contributing as always!

Yeah, you wish because it would make your life much easier to spew your nonesense.

But hey, thanks for attempting to keep track of my posts. I'm flattered.

You know there is BELOW Top Secret where you can freely post irrelevant nonsense all day long to your heart's content?

So now it's irrelevant to point out obvious 'off topic' posts? Ok, got it.

Just because I am only reading this read instead of making posts about the topic does not mean I have to put up with off topic comments.
Good grief!

[edit on 10-8-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well when you two are done playing whos the bigger troll, we can figure out whether or not this is simply for a rotation of the carrier group. Yes it is pretty big. Give it about a month or two, and the new arrivals will be replacing what is already in the area, and we will see the guys that were there take off.

European assets are probably just there at the request of American generals to try and intimidate some more as they usually like to do.

As much as I would hate to see our vessels go down, it would be interesting to see the new anti naval missle get tested out on anyone violating the waters.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

CNN and Fox news reported on the ships headed there. Also ABC news.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

That's been going on since 2003, action guy. The United States has even sent saboteurs and upstarts in at this point, do you think pushing a naval blockade is all that incredible? Nothing has happened, nothing will happen. Sorry to rain on the doom and gloom parade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join