It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no Truth... But That Which We allow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What is Truth? That which we allow? And so... How is truth defined? By our very own words? Actions? Do We as "individuals" define oursleves as legitimate? Or do we allow others to take take shelter and then allow others to demand shelter for those who do not speak for us? Who are We? Who knows us so well... Why do we see nothing but our next paycheck?

Is free speech word or wisdom? Who can speak now for those who are condemned by word? A few? Too many few... But the truth is too much to bear for some, I suspect.

What is the truth in Word? An internet site, a government proxy, a stated law we never voted upon? Why wait for tomorrow when today's tomorrow has been extended without our "proxy"? Are we so tamed that we expect to be cattle?

We Are and We Will! We Are America!! I Am an American!! I Know my Rights... The Constitution... The Bill of Rights!! And My Founding Fathers (God Bless). I will Die for this Country if Need Be! But I Will Not Allow Another to Subjugate ME!

Why do we think we have no resolution today when tomorrow is not even here.

Why are we waiting for Congress to fix that which they haven't been able to for... Hmmmm... Oh... About the last 20some years?

We Are America. We Need to Remember our Worth and Our Role in what our Founding Father's Fought For... Namely.... FREEDOM !!

We have and own every essence of survival yet we allow it to be bled like so many leeches.

Find your heart and listen to it...

Then ask yourself...

Am I allowing this?

Am I... free?

Truth is that which we allow. Be complacent. Be "settled". And endure for yourself and your children that which you have denied. FreeDom.

This vid may not resonate with everyone - but Song Can often speak more than words. I found it tragic and a choice...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8/9/08 by rezial666]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So what exactly is the conspiracy here?

(now a two line post)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Everthing we allow by others is that truth we accept and endure.

If "we" as Americans, or in any other country, allow ourselves to guided and "imbued" buy the words and actions of our "elected" officials (without recourse) to impose by simple "given" doctrine, the prolification of any and all rights (originally granted and enumertated by the founding fathers) then we are simply willed by our own will (on inabiliity to have will).

America Was and Still (Can) Be a standard for all human rights. But we are swiftly and demoralizing being reduced to nothing more than "law by sight". ie. you look ugly therefore you cannot be.

This by any right is a slowly and very manipulative conspiracy against the very basics granted to us by our founding fathers.

I suspect i wiill have to issue claim after claim and site after site. But that's ok.

I truly was hoping that someone would see the vid and realize a bit more. Sometimes i see too much and have no political forum to expand on - so hey!

I appreciate your response. Please to make a motion for further info.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ahh! Alas... America the dead. One day (shakes a fist) I wont fall off my chair when someone wakes up.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Again.. what has this got to do with evolution/creationism conspiracies? All you've done is imply people here are untamed cattle.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Seeing as you were talking a load of bollocks, there's thankfully not much danger of anyone mistaking your dribblings for 'truth' anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Let us just assume, I think this foolishiness but for the argument sake, there is some unknown body that comes and causes havoc on our planet every x-thousand years.

Regardless of the reality of the understandings to each person, their personal truth, that body is out there.

Sure you might like to think there is no truth but that you alow, but your idealisim will be lost when you're faced with "THE TRUTH" of reality.

There is "TRUTH" out there, and just because every weak minded fool has misused the term that doesn't take away from the fact that there is truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
posted by op

What is Truth? That which we allow? And so... How is truth defined? By our very own words? Actions? Do We as "individuals" define oursleves as legitimate? Or do we allow others to take ...

You're starting off by answering your own question. Then you backtrack and sidetrack and forward track. You're all over the place man.

I vote no.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

There is "TRUTH" out there, and just because every weak minded fool has misused the term that doesn't take away from the fact that there is truth.

But we don't know truth. We think we do. But it's not truth. The universe is infinite. So truth is inifinite. How can we ever know the full extent of truth?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rezial666

Truth is that which we allow. Be complacent. Be "settled". And endure for yourself and your children that which you have denied. FreeDom.

Freedom is freedom only if it doesn't impose itself on others. Holistically, that is an impossibiltiy. Hence, freedom is relative. What we think is freedom is really just selfishness freely expressed.

Truth is dependent upon us. Our perceptions determine what we think is truth. Our perceptions are tainted by our prejudices, culture, words, emotions... Truth is imperfect as long as we are imperfect beings.

You cannot find truth. So we rely on a consensus of opinion and call it truth. We run into trouble when a dictator decides what is truth and imposes it onto others. We run into less trouble when a group of people decide what truth is and impose it onto others.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Again.. wtf has this got to do with evolution/creationism conspiracies? this thread reads like a cheech and ching movie. "wow man.. thats deep.."

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Truth is anything reflected in reality. That's it. No need to get all quasi-philosophical over it. This isn't Scientology.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

dave420's not here, man!

I keed, I keed. Back on topic. Truth is as truth does. or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by riley

dave420's not here, man!

I keed, I keed. Back on topic. Truth is as truth does. or something.

If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? and what is the sound of one man clapping? is speaking of snorting ajax through a straw against the t&c if the person doesn't know it's just ajax?

Truth is indeed a very subjective thing.

Am I offtopic? am I even in the right forum? in these times of uncertainty it's really hard to say..

[edit on 14-8-2008 by riley]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Again.. wtf has this got to do with evolution/creationism conspiracies? this thread reads like a cheech and ching movie. "wow man.. thats deep.."

The conspiracy is that we are supposed to have been created in God's imoage. But instead we were created in fallen Lucifer's image and inherited his fallen natures. Consequentyl there a spiritual force that shrouds us in ignorance. And the path to escaping this ignorance is paradoxical. If you seek to gain your life, you will lose it. If you seek to lose your life, you will gain it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111

The conspiracy is that we are supposed to have been created in God's imoage. But instead we were created in fallen Lucifer's image and inherited his fallen natures. Consequentyl there a spiritual force that shrouds us in ignorance. And the path to escaping this ignorance is paradoxical. If you seek to gain your life, you will lose it. If you seek to lose your life, you will gain it.

No, that's still utter nonsense.

Try again.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegse]

Try again.

THANKYOU.

Obviously these guys have NO idea what this forum is for and wish to make a mockery out of it. This is a conspiracy forum.. not a bible group.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rezial666

America Was and Still (Can) Be a standard for all human rights.

What utter RUBBISH!

America has only ever been it's own teacher and pupil for human rights and they are so twisted and "covert" that it has led to a deluded image for it's own people of what america represents in the world.

Once again, the blinkers have been "donned" and the "because I say so" mentality leads the way.

Sorry, I completely disagree with you. America is a bad example of a human rights leader in my opinion. While things may seem right and true from your standpoint, the world beyond your little borders may disagree.

It is your narrow approach to the big wide world that blinds you from this reality.

Also, defence and attack are the automatic responses rather than consideration, acceptance and modesty and most importantly, the time to consider that you may not always be right and there are ALWAYS other explanations!

Also...since when did (or will) the entire population of this planet hand over it's purpose and existance to YOUR non-proovable entity called "god"?

To say something or think something is THE truth doesn't make it true.
It just stops you searching for more truth and those with little or no self-control will try and control the world around them.

Good luck with your opinion, I hope you gather some others along the way.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Originally posted by Matrix1111

Try again.

It's easy to claim somebody else's comments are nonsense. It doesn't make it so, though. Of course, from your viewpoint, it seems to be nonsense.

Neither of us can prove who's right. Only when we die will we know -- that is, if there is a god and afterlife.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegse]

Try again.

THANKYOU.

Obviously these guys have NO idea what this forum is for and wish to make a mockery out of it. This is a conspiracy forum.. not a bible group.

Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics is the name of the forum. How does this not fit in?

The conspiracy is that we are steeped in ignorance. It's a body/mind issue. Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics have a history of addressing this isse. Who and what is causing the ignorance?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join