It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's enegy run- Consolidating - Is Georgia a key...Is Iran safe?read this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
FLAG THIS - THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT... MSM ONCE AGAIN HAS
KEEP US IN IGNORANT BLISS! YOU WILL BE PAYING MORE FOR GAS AND IRAN IS NOW A STRATEGIC KEY!

The new pricing principle lays out that starting from next year, Russia has agreed to pay to Turkmenistan a base gas purchasing price that is a mix of the average wholesale price in Europe and Ukraine. In effect, as compared to the current price of US$140 per thousand cubic meters of Turkmen gas, from 2009 onward Russia will be paying $225-295 under the new formula. This works out to an additional annual payment of something like $9.4 billion to $12.4 billion. But the transition to market principles of pricing will take place within the framework of a long-term contract running up to the year 2028.

www.atimes.com...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Very, Very good article... I think everyone should read this.

It was only a matter of time before Russia made a run for the black.
Strangely enough Georgia is in this vicinity and is not a stretch to speculate
that this conflict is motivated by distribution of OIL.

Also I read between the lines a bit....

From all appearance, Gazprom, which was headed by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for eight years from 2000 to May 2008, has taken an audacious initiative. It could only have happened thanks to a strategic decision taken at the highest level in the Kremlin.

There is a lot we are unaware of, Russia is now going to control a huge portion of oil distribution. Medvedev --- Russias--- Chenny = cold war is now the black gold war?

Azerbaijan becomes a test case. Equally, Russia places itself in a commanding position to influence the price of gas in the world market. A gas cartel is surely in the making. The geopolitical implications are simply profound for the US.

This also means that Russia Iran ties are not going to be as necessary for Russia... Russia will no longer depend upon Iran for its own energy security for it has bypassed it completely.

It would be nearly impossible to believe that the US will not take advantage and make a move to Iran now.

OIL OIL OIL

From east to west - Afghanistan Iraq Iran - OUR pipeline will floweth over?

Talks of mobilization of carrier groups now makes sense...

The old SUPER powers have awoken, abandoning war with one another, bound for global supremacy.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Oh and this is going to push gas way higher if USA does not start securing more oil, a pipeline...

In fact considering Russia has capped a price we are in trouble...

If you factor in $140 and $225 -$250...Whats the average?

Thats our future unless a miracle of regulation of markets occur.

We might lose our standing in twenty years unless we abandon oil very quickly!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Come on people... This article IS THE future, war, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, national standing/security and your pocket books....

Are you drooling?

Russia just made a leap to the head of the pack...

???

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Come on people... This article IS THE future, war, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, national standing/security and your pocket books....

Are you drooling?

???

I already knew this.You think were gonna let Russia do that... It will end with war

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

Originally posted by mental modulator

Are you drooling?

???

I already knew this.You think were gonna let Russia do that... It will end with war

I think The us will have that "middle east" and Russia will have "euroasian" oils.

I mainly think this is going to create a NEED to dominate or war with Iran.
Further more now that Russia is not dependent on Iran for delivery the US will
be at greater liberty to take action.

I actually think in the near future Russia and US are going to support one another by not interfering.

Provided that the US takes IRAN both countries will have a viable delivery system

US to Asia and North America

Russia to Asia and SE Asia

the two biggest markets

and a common need to keep the whole place "stable" or under thumb.

Vast fortunes and the truth of conquest become slightly clearer...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

The problem is that this cap price set by Russia is going to off set the $140 PPB and likely effect the US consumer... However I think the powers that be could give half a DONKEY if the average American is hurting,,, hasn't stopped them yet.

I will go farther and speculate that this has oil folk with big toes shot up in their boots.

In fact if we go to Iran now it would be all but spoken that the entire WOT was a ploy
to secure futures and make coin for the bullets, bombs and hardware.

this info is the missing link IMHO!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It is a good theory however auto-manufactoring is not doing very well at all under the high prices. Not doing very well translates to job losses, which means that less are able to buy this mega-priced oil product.

Now the arguement could be made that the price is to keep China and India in check with their exploding industry markets, but then again if oil is too cost prohibitive alternatives will arise. Even I have a passble working idea of how to do an electric car that recharges the batteries enroute without using a generator that runs on fuel...and I would consider myself just your average joe six-pack compared to the R&D of GM, but if sucessful my idea is lightyears ahead of the Chevy Volt and doesn't depend on exotic batteries.

Speaking of GM, they are placing their future solely on the sucess of the Volt. However since inception the MSRP has gone from $20k to an estimated $40k when they deliver to market in 2010. Which means, the people that need to adapt the most can not afford it.

The power conquest of oil by backwards looking "leaders" have only proven their incompetence. By pricing it out of the hands of the primary consumers they will devalue the commodity to the point of uselessness. Which of course makes the true value somewhere near zero. Although they will still have that $200+ per barrel from the total cost of ownership. Their choice then will be either be broke or just oily.

top topics

join