It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Had My First OBE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm sick with the fever, so I tried resting today. I also wanted to try and project while relaxing, so I did (try). I was relaxing for about half an hour when I started noticing a different sensation then usual, I felt like my astral legs were trying to project out of my physical. During this period I was really excited, I was thinking "wow, this is actually happening, finally!!" (I should mention that I believe I had no vibrations, although I think I may have felt a short burst of them, they went quite unnoticable), I am pretty sure I was able to project but I became scared and opened my eyes, and that basically ruined it for that session. But this session was a great improvement for me, seeing that all my other tries lasted until the tingling sensation and my arms/hands going numb.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
OBE? Out of body experience?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
OBE? Out of body experience?

OBE=Out of body experience, if that's what you're asking.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
thecatalyst...fear will be the biggest sticking point...i've had alot of 'almost obes'..wher i've felt that my legs, arms and torso were floating up but the abdomen would stay put and than a overwhelming fear.....after i awake the fear seems so irational......if u get that felling again....dive into the fear...feel what u fear....and try to give into it..that seems to help...but you will truly have to 'let go'..............

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Catalyst,
Though being feverish is an altered state that can lead to an out-of-body, it's not adviseable to do such things when you're sick. It takes too much energy, and you get sicker.

Instead, maybe (when you are no longer ill) you can program yourself to have an OBE before you go to bed...best time for them are at the cusp between waking and sleeping, usually right before you wake up in the morning.

Good luck on your journeys!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
my first obe was when i had fever...i was lying in my bed..about 10 yrs old...i had the feeling that everything grew hugh and that is was shrinking...then i got scared and cried for my mommy
...fear is the key

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
use those times of 'weakness' to explore..sort of a scouting mission..for the times when u are strong

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, none of my body parts actually left my physical, as I said earlier it felt as if my legs were trying to come out and were 'pushing' to come out. Also, another reason why I had to stop was not only the fear factor, but also because my eyelids started to spaz (sp?) they were blinking like mad!! I really wanted to continue but I had to stop.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Earlier today I was listening to something that is supposed to help me have lucid dreams but while I was coming back to normal It was like my body was just frozen there, it was pretty cool but it only lasted like 10 seconds.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i've gotten into three pre-states of having OBE's. one where i could see my feet, legs and lower torso which were glowing white while my eyes were closed and i was lying on my back looking up. and two, while i only made it to the clear thought stage. and three, while i just crashed on my bed into some kind of highest feeling of ecstacy, (i can't explain it, felt nothing as pleasurable before) and then found my self rising up above my house until i realised that and came to. the first two states led my entire body into a numb-like feeling, thus giving the impression to the mind that you do not have separate limbs, and that you're just one big ball of gooey energy. the other was, as i said, was a weird amazingly peaceful/loving/pleasurable feeling i can't explain and haven't felt since. what i'm wondering is, if anyone else has felt this numbphase or inner peace, and if these are but other ways of going about it all?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i've felt it in a way...it started as very relaxed...then a vibration..which turned into a numb type feeling..which turned into pressure..and then fear..which brings me out of it....gunna keep working on it

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ok, well I'm all better, I went to my phsyician the other day and found out it was an ear infection. Anyways, I tried OBE'ing again today and once again I was soooo close!! I almost was able to feel the vibrations. Now that I think of it, I think the last time that I said I felt my astral legs were trying to "push out", now I realize I am probably just loosing awareness of my legs, because at that stage I haven't even had the vibrations yet. The only reason why I stopped was because my dad wanted my car keys which were obviously in my room.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Great progress. Just keep trying, the more you do the easier it is to stay in the "state". At first, just getting the least bit excited throws you right back into the body. The best time to do it is the morning. Set a second alarm an hour or 2 early and practice. You can just wake up turn it off and not have to reset it, that way, you stay sleepy and not fully wake up.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Way to go catalyst!!!

You know, I've never really been able to induce an OBE from the waking state. I'm always past the treshold of sleep when I have my OOBE's... I have been to the part where a could see through my closed eyelids (Astral sight), but that's the furthest that I've reached while attempting a wake induced OOBE.

Here is a very helpful tip:

www.astralpulse.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
has anyone ever experienced anything dangerous or negative related to lucid dreaming etc?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
There is a theory that everyone's astral body projects itself everytime you go to sleep. It only projects a few feet above your body and mimicks your physical body's movements and position.

Apparently this is why just as you are falling asleep you may get the feeling you are falling and suddenly sit up in bed wide awake with a gasp. This is the precise moment your astral body is leaving your phyisical body and because you are not quite asleep yet, you get the astral projection sudden fear that is mentioned in the above posts. Automatically you sit up and the astral body is simultaneously sucked back into your physical body.

I think this theory is very convincing.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In response to the above post ^^^^:

I believe what you are trying to say (hopefully) is that feeling when you feel like you are just laying in bed, then all of a sudden you feel like you are falling off the bed, a cliff, something like that...is that what you mean? This usually occurs very very quickly and results in the person jolting awake and maybe with/or without fear?

If so, I have had this happen multiple times, and that theory seems plausible. Gotsa go try to do an OBE tonight I suppose...

-wD

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That's exactly what I'm saying. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night though, and feel like I am having an extreme anxiety attack. I honestly feel like I may be having a heart attack or something, not that I'd know what one feels like...but it's very scary and takes a while to shake it off. My heart is pounding and I am very dizzy.

I literally think Im going to die. It is really awful.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by cargo]

new topics

top topics

join