It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Off to James Gilliland's Sanctuary by Mt.Adams to catch UFO's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok... Once again the owners of this fine site (that we all know and love) have allowed me to leave my "ATS MIX" Studio to head up to Washington and visit James Gilliland's Sattva Sanctuary. Will I end up becoming enlightened with a spiritual moment (watch video below, then proceed..)?

(if link or video is unavailable also try here):
Contact has Begun

Well thats what I'm going to try and find out, and if I'm lucky, maybe even capture some special moments in the sky too! Who knows, I might come back and have to enlighten my partner and co-host of the ATS MIX show Dave Rabbit! Now wouldn't that be something...

So I'll be taking off sometime next week, and of course want you members to help make this investigation all that more interesting and have created a question thread located here;

JAMES GILLILAND QUESTION THREAD

Please only post your questions over on that other thread for me to ask James Gilliland. You can use this thread to wish me well, offer your apologies/condolences, or tell me to go jump in a lake

Everyone can expect a full report (to the best of my capacity) as I will be heading up with audio and camera gear, and also some ufologist tools.

And just for the shear sake of fun.. how about a quick vote/poll to see how many think;

(1) I will have a enlighten moment ... !

(2) I will have a moment, and it involved UFO's.. !

(3) I will have a moment, but it's only in my bowels... !

Feel free to do percentages on the above (or create your own as long as it's T&C friendly).

And once again, please post a question for me to ask to James by going to the question page above. Because of my work load, I may not be able to come back to this thread often (to everyones liking), but rest assured, I'll be watching when I can..

Keep your fingers crossed for me as I hope to catch something like this shot captured at the Gilliland Sanctuary recently.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
WOW , Great news Johnny !

this should be huge for ATS and i will be following this thread for sure.

hope you got lots of Camera's and things like... a tripod ?...lol

good luck on your trip and i think it will be choice 2

star and flag from me

[edit on 9-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Good Luck, Johnny...

Originally Posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Please only post your questions over on that other thread for me to ask James Gilliland. You can use this thread to wish me well, offer your apologies/condolences, or tell me to go jump in a lake.

And go jump in a lake...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
John, be sure and get plenty of audio and video around the camp fire after you all have had a second helping of beans.

Seriously brother.... good luck.

Dave

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hope you catch a UFO and not a cold Johnny,

And if at all possible, bring back a little piece of it so we can analyze it. That would make Springers day.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sounds like quite the adventure Mr A.

If nothing else, at least the scenery is spectacular.

Have fun , safe travels, mate.

Lookin' forward to the lowdown, when you return.

So, does enlightenment come with a T-shirt ?

Oh, and if you find a lake......

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yahooooooo!!

Best of luck JohnnyAnonymous!

Since ATS is all about the hard evidence, and James says he has 80+ hours of footage, ask him if you can spend some time checking out his video archives as well as skywatching!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ok - i have a suggestion :

take some one else - and so some scientific investigating

this is not a dig at you - but so many ` reports ` from that place seem to consist of people sitting arround going :

` oooooh ... look pretty light .............ohhhhhhh `

if you have the kit - or can improvise split up - and establish a 100m measured baseline connecting 2 observation posts - take daylight bearings on the mountain peak , magnetic north or another distinct land mark - and when night comes stay in contact - and take simetaneous bearings on the UFO

because then simple trigonometry - and a calculator will gice you range

and if you know range - and can determine the arc second size of the UFO you then have true size

and can also ACURATLY estimate air speed velocities - not just how quickly it moves across an arc

also - a question that seems vague - what are they doing - accepting the premise that they are ET craft then my blunt parapgrasing would be :

they fly down - but only at night - turn on thier lights , sit there for a bit , the piss off

while it is illogical to project my psychology on an alleged ET pilot - does it not see a bit odd ??

its the equivilant of columbus sailing to the new world and then instead of landing - just lighting a lantern - swinging it from the yard arm for a while then sailing back to portugal

just my thoiughts / suggestions - your milage may vary

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good luck Johnny,hope you document something to share with us.Even if it is flatulence from your second helping of beans.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
WOW , Great news Johnny !
hope you got lots of Camera's and things like... a tripod ?...lol

I think I've got it covered, although I don't have a current photo of my 8 tripods.. This is only a third of my collection, and these are my field Video Cameras, most of the other stuff is more studio related

[edit on 8/9/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I think you will become enlightened and like Meher Baba take a vow of silence and only speak by pointing to letters on an alphabet board.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok - i have a suggestion : take some one else - and so some scientific investigating
this is not a dig at you - but so many ` reports ` from that place seem to consist of people sitting arround going :
` oooooh ... look pretty light .............ohhhhhhh `
just my thoiughts / suggestions - your milage may vary

I do appreciate all those wonderful suggestions.... BUT...

I am only one person, doing my own investigation. Yes, it would be great to be able triangulate with several other people at different locations. It would be great to have a complete team one group at base camp and one group out in the field. But with one guy (errr.. me), it will be what it will be, and I'm sure it won't be enough for many and that it will conjure up the usual, "why didn't you do this, or that?" What most armchair enthusiast don't quite understand that it's quite a different thing to actually be out in the field with a variety of equipment and attempting to keep your eye on the viewfinder and the other eye on a compass and another eye on (insert instrument/device here) while trying not to lose your footing on the edge of a cliff!

The best I will be able to do with a sighting is to tape it, mark the time, trajectory direction, guesstimated size/color/shape and compare the data off of "Heavens Above" and "NASA's J-Track" to confirm that it's not a satellite and go from there. There is only so much one researcher/observer can do. And since I've been flying solo for the past 25+ years trying to capture UAP's (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena), I can guarantee you that unless a huge object is close enough to irradiate me, you won't be hearing me "ohhing and ahhing", in fact you'll be lucky to hear anything at all from me. Now I can't speak for whoever might also be at the compound as James has other people scheduled to be there too.

I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, but reality sucks when it's a one man show.. Perhaps on a future adventure you'll volunteer to accompany me and be able to utilize and show off some of those wonderful ideas.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My favourite looking camera was the one bottom right. It just looks cool.

Not to be a nag... but did you remember to pack the DV tape and spare batteries?

Best of luck, looks exciting.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gunter
My favourite looking camera was the one bottom right. It just looks cool.
Not to be a nag... but did you remember to pack the DV tape and spare batteries?

Nag away

Thirty (30) individual "90 minute Digital8" tapes, 11 batteries of at least 4-hours recording time on each and the rest are 6-8 hour super capacity.

That photo is actually old, I've added two more pro-sumer Sony camcorders, one being the 1998 original XR Series with the adjustable Infrared function that can be used during the day. It was the ones that were recalled because people were using them with a neutral density filter and a 750nm IR filter to supposedly see through peoples clothes. They're very hard to find and very expensive.

I've also have 5 optical convertors ranging from 2x to 10x zoom. My favorite is a British made 5x converter that is clean from edge to edge without any color aberrations.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

hey mate - i understand perfectly i do almost all my photo / video stuff as solo projects too - and face similar ` helpfull suggetstions ` that ignore the reality of the situation

its very easy for me to sit here and dictate " you need x , y and z " costing hundreds of dollars each - oh and a team of support staff AND have all of you spend a couple og hours on site preparation and equipment synchronisation / calibration

when poor johhny is on his own

you need a support team - you should run a recruitment drive on ATS

" join Johnny`s ATS investigation team .... now " lol

anyway - good luck and do the best you can

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

its very easy for me to sit here and dictate " you need x , y and z " costing hundreds of dollars each - oh and a team of support staff AND have all of you spend a couple og hours on site preparation and equipment synchronisation / calibration

you need a support team - you should run a recruitment drive on ATS

" join Johnny`s ATS investigation team .... now " lol

LOL..

Well to be honest, I've been flying solo for so long that most of the time anyone joins me less gets done as they for the most part don't have a clue what 'real field' work is like (albeit a few MUFON field investigators that were pretty sharp). But I really don't have the time or patience to give a crash course on what to do, while meanwhile I'm missing a possible sighting overhead and missed it because some jughead keeps chatting and asking questions... Now I know that sounds mean and rude probably to some, but I'm out in the field for a reason, to capture something, not to chat about who I want to see get elected into the presidents chair. When I'm out there, I have one thing on my mind, and I don't want to have any distractions.

No offense to any future field researchers of course...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good luck!

Looks like you certainly got the equipment for a worthwhile effort.

I hope you return with the smoking gun.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good Luck Johnny

With that much equipment you are bound to catch something! Can't wait to see what you get.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I am only one person, doing my own investigation.

I understand that this will be on some future ATS mix show. If ATS is going to put their weight behind something that -could be- potentially important to their business model it should not be hard to convince the ptb that sending a couple of extra guys is worth the risk of finding nothing.

That is, unless they know what most around here with half a brain already knows...and that is the whole Gilliland Ranch thing is nothing but pure ignorant sensational bunk, and providing experts will only serve to cap the knees off the very thing that really drives the most vocal folks involved in this hobby...and that is profit.

But I will venture to assume in advance that you will not catch anything on tape that sheds any light on this and that is not controversial in nature. Thus providing a convenient outlet for all that are interested in perpetuating the typical Ufology stereotype for their own reasons.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Good luck johnny, Ive always wanted to go there.. Be sure to let us know what happends, some good ufo footage would be bloody marvelous..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join