It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soo! Nothing happened huh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Approximately 6.35 pm in California, 9.35 on the east coast, and August 9 already in most of the world, and as far as I know 08-08-08 came and went with as little excitement as lets say August 7th.

So once and for all, should we start to forget about all these so called "special dates", Y2K, 2112 etc etc......

Just another thing to keep us in fear and hindering us walking outside, taking a deep breath and enjoying our day

[edit on 8-8-2008 by StefanO]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's been a really quiet day... mostly.

Especially if you ignore the war brewing in Georgia.

That's nothing to be concerned about.

Right?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this is funny, I got all excited about the olympics last night but I fell asleep at the start of it, till my girlfriend called me up to see what I was doing. Found it a really boring and sleepy night.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Right?

Sure it is something to be concerned about, but is it out of the ordinary, is it different from any other conflict or genocide that goes on non stop since the beginning of time. I would say not, and this day was no different than any other day.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO

Right?

Sure it is something to be concerned about, but is it out of the ordinary, is it different from any other conflict or genocide that goes on non stop since the beginning of time. I would say not, and this day was no different than any other day.

you got to be kidding me! War over there is huge! Russia taking it too far and U.S troops station there might have to step in.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ummmm...ive been saying that all along. Only idiots await for "something" to happen on these dates. Good grief.

Originally posted by StefanO
Approximately 6.35 pm in California, 9.35 on the east coast, and August 9 already in most of the world, and as far as I know 08-08-08 came and went with as little excitement as lets say August 7th.

So once and for all, should we start to forget about all these so called "special dates", Y2K, 2112 etc etc......

Just another thing to keep us in fear and hindering us walking outside, taking a deep breath and enjoying our day

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Right?

I think he was implying that some of the more ridiculous scenarios didn't happen, like the universe getting destroyed via the LHC. Or maybe he was commenting on the fact that all those stupid "rumours" of the GFL or whatever the hell its called never came true.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wasn't real concerned anyway. I was more concerned on 6-6-06.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Never be concerned by ANY date threads yo. I promise.

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I wasn't real concerned anyway. I was more concerned on 6-6-06.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Umm, I'd hardly call the start of a war between Russia and Georgia (Russia vs US) "nothing"!

And make no mistake, the Asian elite are likely planning some kind of response, maybe it didn't happen on exactly 8/8/8, but they're sure to respond somehow!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It could be the begining of the end. You never know what reaction will come from todays actions. 8/8/8 may turn out to be much more significant than you could imagine. I hope not, but the implications of war in Russia are not very good.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Russia had this planned.

They tried to land bombers in Cuba a week ago as a deturrent to the US if any intervention should happen.

Russia is bombing Georgian cities as we speak, even as Georgia called for a cease-fire on Thursday, Russia came in and took over and hasn't stopped.

They are killing civilians and taking down the economic and military infrastructure of Georgia. They are taking Georgia over.

new topics

top topics

join